The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Commoner

I think it's wonderful how CP Mary has been embraced by soooo many fans. I believe it's because she is genuine, naturally attractive and very healthy looking. I'm not surprised she has been asked to do all the tasteful photo shoots, and subsequently took part, she's quite photogenic. :)

Other facts about CP Mary are that she was single when she began dating Frederick, never married prior, she's fresh looking and people can't get enough of her.

Donna B.

Old 04-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy

Mary has certainly hit the ground running and it is nice to see her mother-in-law applaud her for the job.

Denmark hit the jackpot with both Mary and Alexandra.

Old 04-15-2005, 09:24 AM
Gentry

Margrethe's praise of Mary will only increase Mary's self-esteem and self-confidence in her role as Crown Princess. Mary has truly blossomed since her marriage! To have your mother-in-law praise you is one thing, but to have a truly exceptional Queen such as Margrethe praise you in your new role as a royal is quite another!!!!:) It suggests that Margrethe has a very close relationship with Mary!:)
Old 04-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Courtier

I have to disagree with the four photo shoot ideas. She only has done 2 as princess. Vogue and Dansk. The new Idea one was made of of pictures taken for Vogue. She did not do a shoot for them. The Nikia interview was pre-princess and a way for her new countrymen to get to know her. It was not a fashion modeling shoot.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Nobility

It must be a great boost of confidence to Mary to get such wonderful praises from her mother-in-law.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100
I have to disagree with the four photo shoot ideas. She only has done 2 as princess. Vogue and Dansk. The new Idea one was made of of pictures taken for Vogue. She did not do a shoot for them. The Nikia interview was pre-princess and a way for her new countrymen to get to know her. It was not a fashion modeling shoot.
So we are going to disregard the Women's magazine one now then?

An interview is an interview, no matter what the reason behind it, whether it's to promote Danish fashion or for her fellow countrymen to get to know her.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Courtier

it's great that Mary has now won over a lot of people. she seems very secure and confident in her role as crown princess. i'm really glad that people like her better now than when she and Frederik were still engaged.
Mary seems to have lost the initial attack of nerves she must have gone through and is now able to 'loosen up' and show the people her real self.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Royal Highness

Anyone know when Mary's next engagement is?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes,i also want to know what Princess Mary will wear the clothes during her prgnancy periods.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-26-2005, 04:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
Anyone know when Mary's next engagement is?
May 5 / note the date: 05/05/05

05/05 05Kronprinsparret samt H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra til stede ved den officielle indvielse af Danmarks første oplevelsespark "Danfoss Universe" samtidig med markeringen af Mads Clausens 100 års fødselsdag, kl. 10.30.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
May 5 / note the date: 05/05/05

05/05 05Kronprinsparret samt H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra til stede ved den officielle indvielse af Danmarks første oplevelsespark "Danfoss Universe" samtidig med markeringen af Mads Clausens 100 års fødselsdag, kl. 10.30.
Can anyone translate what this means exactly? Mary will make an appearance where with Joachim and Alexandra? (And no father to be Frederik?)
Old 04-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Aristocracy

NoFrederikwill be there, the thing announces that the Crown Prince couple will be appearing with Joachim and Alexandra. I don't know what they're doing, but I know thqt the crown prince couple is going to be tehre! I learnt the word 'Kronprinsparret"!!
Old 04-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Can anyone translate what this means exactly? Mary will make an appearance where with Joachim and Alexandra? (And no father to be Frederik?)
"Kronprinsparret" means the Crown Princely couple. The Crown Princely couple along with HRH Prince Joachim and HH Princess Alexandra will attend the inaugural opening of Danfoss Park. Danfoss Park is Denmark's only science and experience park.

:)

On May 12th and May 13th the Crown Princess will participate in 2 engagements concerning her charities.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Mary roaming the grounds of Fredensborg (pic taken after the pregnancy announcement)

Billed Bladet
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Is it just me or are there others, who think, that Mary and Frederik don´t perform many duties? The calendar for May shows only 7 pins http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/2000f/Year/2004/Month/9 (5 duties for Frederik, 5 for Mary) Could it be, that some duties are added later? Yes, Mary is pregnant, but actually she should be now in the best phase of the pregnancy (after the nausea and before the bigger grown baby causes problems like tiredness, shortness of breath, back problems...) and I doubt, that Frederik is pregnant too :p
On the whole they haven´t performed many duties since their wedding...are they lazy? Or is maybe "small" Denmark with less inhabitants than e.g the Netherlands or Spain to blame?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Princess Mary roaming the grounds of Fredensborg (pic taken after the pregnancy announcement)

Billed Bladet
Thanks for the pic pdas! Anyone know who is walking with Mary?
Old 05-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
Thanks for the pic pdas! Anyone know who is walking with Mary?
In the article it said she is walking with her dog Ziggy and Baroness Helle Reedtz-Thott.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Is it just me or are there others, who think, that Mary and Frederik don´t perform many duties? The calendar for May shows only 7 pins http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/2000f/Year/2004/Month/9 (5 duties for Frederik, 5 for Mary) Could it be, that some duties are added later? Yes, Mary is pregnant, but actually she should be now in the best phase of the pregnancy (after the nausea and before the bigger grown baby causes problems like tiredness, shortness of breath, back problems...) and I doubt, that Frederik is pregnant too :p
On the whole they haven´t performed many duties since their wedding...are they lazy? Or is maybe "small" Denmark with less inhabitans than e.g the Netherlands or Spain to blame?
So you think that Mary is lazy... Do you realize that Mary performed 10 solo engagements within the first seven months of being a Crown Princess? Name another CP who has accomplished that? If I count every single appearance at the Copenhagen International Fair, the solo engagements add up to twelve. This is in addition to her engagements with Frederik and the Royal Family.

Except for the trip to Thailand, Frederik's and Mary's trips abroad were packed with activities. They each had solo engagements to perform beside the events they attended together. Not every single activity was reported in the forums and sometimes, pictures were posted without explanations so it was difficult to tell if F&M were performing a duty or not. Just because Frederik and Mary make it look like fun, it doesn't mean they are not working.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
So you think that Mary is lazy... Do you realize that Mary performed 10 solo engagements within the first seven months of being a Crown Princess? Name another CP who has accomplished that? If I count every single appearance at the Copenhagen International Fair, the solo engagements add up to twelve. This is in addition to her engagements with Frederik and the Royal Family.

Except for the trip to Thailand, Frederik's and Mary's trips abroad were packed with activities. They each had solo engagements to perform beside the events they attended together. Not every single activity was reported in the forums and sometimes, pictures were posted without explanations so it was difficult to tell if F&M were performing a duty or not. Just because Frederik and Mary make it look like fun, it doesn't mean they are not working.
I wouldn´t say, that I think they are lazy...I´ve just asked, if it could be, that they are...because their schedule (which I check every month) doesn´t show many duties.
While I think, that it´s a shame, that crown princess Letizia has no solo duties and seems a bit like Felipe´s "doggy" and while I admire Mary for handling the solo engagements, I would though say, that it´s a difference, if a princess has almost daily duties (alone or together) or if she has almost no duties. Theoretically the time is "off", when one has no duties. A Royal can do, what he/she prefers. Something which e.g cp Letizia can do less (even though she mainly "just" has to accompany her husband). I say theoretically, because I know, that all Royals have to do work behind the "scenes" (work in the office, preparing through reading etc.) and because I know, that Mary has to learn a complete new language.
To sum: I just wanted to hear other opinions...I can see a few aspects, but I don´t know enough about their daily life to say "they are lazy"...so far they just give me this impression
Old 05-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
On the whole they haven´t performed many duties since their wedding...are they lazy? Or is maybe "small" Denmark with less inhabitans than e.g the Netherlands or Spain to blame?
Are you serious? Look at the massive amounts of pictures in the threads in this forum and the discussions. How can they be lazy and not performing any duties or making any public appearances? If that were so we wouldn't have anything to discuss and there would be nothing to photograph. Fred and Mary have just returned from Japan and before that they were in Australia. Let us not forget the numerous solo duties they have performed along with those that they have together. I don't think that they are the least bit lazy.

Fred and Mary must also do some work behind the scenes preparing for their enagements. I seriously doubt that they spend the majority of their time at home lying on the sofa and watching television. Fred and Mary haven't performed many duties since their wedding? I don't see how that is the least bit logical. Don't you see the vast amount of information that we have on their various duties and appearances.