The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Do you mean the pic where people were allowed to touch the material of Mary's gown??
I have it attached below and hope that answers your question...:)
I am refering this pic:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=56385

Old 11-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by micas
Oh!!! Sorry, I misunderstood you. :)

Pic #5 is the handkerchief that Mary carried, the handkerchief was made of lace. The pattern is a well known Tonder pattern (Tonder is a small town in southwest Jutland where the finest lace is made) called the "The great heart of Denmark."
Astrid Hansen, the maker, began her work on the day the engagement was announced. She worked 6 hours a day as the plan was to complete the work by Easter.

The other item, I believe is her bridal purse made of the same material (white duchess satin) as her dress.

Old 11-17-2004, 01:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
Great photos, Mandy. Mary's hair looks very soft and pretty in these photos; also darker...perhaps she's decided to go back to her natural dark shade.
Thanks Julia. I thought that Mary looked very feminine in the pictures.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:24 AM
Courtier

These are from Mary's Star Maker course. I thought maybe some of you haven't seen them yet. Looks like this is where she learned her modelling poses. Image #2 is the Miss Australia pose.
http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...-1040093031.jpg
http://img65.photobucket.com/albums/v197/n...-1040093218.jpg

Courtesy of Leesa from Royal Blue forums
Old 11-17-2004, 07:53 AM
Aristocracy

Yay! The Mary-haters from Royal Blue forum have found their way to TRF...

I really can't understand how you can find a problem in how somebody puts her feet while standing! Could it be that to some people Mary can't do anything good and right? She can't speak danish, therefore she is stupid. (But if she had been able to speak danish perfectly she would have been considered a golddigger for trying to hard) She wears designer outfits, therefore she is a fashion model and not a royal. (But if she had worn cheaper clothes she would have been known as the H&M princess like MM) She met her man at a pub, therefore she is a golddigger. (But if she had met him at a serious event she would probably had been known as a golddigger anyway). And the silliest thing so far is that she is almost a farmer just because she is from Tasmania and therefore she can't behave.

I mean, the pictures these people spread of Mary is not consequent. First, she is this very shrude golddigger who had planned to be a princess and was willing to do whatever to reach her goal. Very clever. Then all of a sudden, she becomes this hillbilly from Tasmania who is almost an illiterate and unable to learn danish.

Well, I think it's silly. F & M have been together for 3 years (or more?) and if she was a golddigger I think that he would have noticed. I think all the royals are very good at spotting people who are only in it for the fame. And if she is stupid. Well, I don't think that F is the sharpest knife in the box so to speak, so maybe they are perfect for eachother. And really, you don't have to be smart to be a royal. Take a look at our Swedish king for example. He is a good king, but his IQ is low.

Just my 2 cents, that became a bit more than 2 cents...
Old 11-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Nobility

I fullheartedly agree and anyway, it is not up to us to judge any of these behind-the-scene-stories...

mary is doing a superb job and takes certain actions to make herself comfortable, this includes being rather fashion conscious and keeping stricktly to certain experssions etc.

only one thing, i have to admit, suprises me: the posing. no other crown princess is as ardent to pose properly, its a little silly, but i guess it will be gone in max 2 years time.
:-)
Old 11-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Aristocracy

oh my gosh..those pictures...Im a real fan of mary, but still: that is really emberrasing!!! I woould have died if I knew there were pictures like that of me on the web!!
God: Can the mary- haters please SHUT UP???? If you hate her so much: why spend time in a mary-forum???? everybody, have their rights say their opininon; someone hates her, someone loves her, and that will be her life till she dies!! end of discussion!!
Dont you see what kind of life she has agreed to??? yes, she will have fancy clothes, expensive travels, she will meet famous people, and have a lot of money!! but there is 1000 other things that she has to do. She has to deal with the facts that everybody has an opinion on you, the critism from people, the expentations.. there is a hidden pressure that always will be over her...no matter what she does/say/wear that will never be good enough for someone...think of all the rumors, , the attention she has on her pregnancy, eating disorders...Everybody have an opinion about her looks!!
I dont know about you: but I wouldnt had her life!! (eben though frederik us haaaandsome....)
Old 11-17-2004, 11:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Elizabeth
oh my gosh..those pictures...Im a real fan of mary, but still: that is really emberrasing!!! I woould have died if I knew there were pictures like that of me on the web!!
God: Can the mary- haters please SHUT UP???? If you hate her so much: why spend time in a mary-forum???? everybody, have their rights say their opininon; someone hates her, someone loves her, and that will be her life till she dies!! end of discussion!!
Dont you see what kind of life she has agreed to??? yes, she will have fancy clothes, expensive travels, she will meet famous people, and have a lot of money!! but there is 1000 other things that she has to do. She has to deal with the facts that everybody has an opinion on you, the critism from people, the expentations.. there is a hidden pressure that always will be over her...no matter what she does/say/wear that will never be good enough for someone...think of all the rumors, , the attention she has on her pregnancy, eating disorders...Everybody have an opinion about her looks!!
I dont know about you: but I wouldnt had her life!! (eben though frederik us haaaandsome....)
You go, AvaElizabeth....:) I absolutely agree with you, infact I was thinking the very same things on my drive to school..
Old 11-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Commoner

Quote:
...no matter what she does/say/wear that will never be good enough for someone...
I don't envy her either, It's a tough job - but she's doing great so far AND: she seems to be the best thing that ever happened to CP Frederik!
Old 11-17-2004, 01:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan

she can't behave.

I mean, the pictures these people spread of Mary is not consequent. First, she is this very shrude golddigger who had planned to be a princess and was willing to do whatever to reach her goal. Very clever. Then all of a sudden, she becomes this hillbilly from Tasmania who is almost an illiterate and unable to learn danish.

<snip>

Just my 2 cents, that became a bit more than 2 cents...
:-) And watching the trials by fire that these new princesses are put through by the press and the people... I think if she were a golddigger, she would have easier-to-live-with targets in wealthy businessmen. She's not just marrying a man, or money, she's marrying a duty and committment for life. I find it hard to believe that golddigging is the only thing that spurs someone to sign their lives away like that. Love? Yep, that might be worth the dual lifetime committment, but money and power can be lost (look at the Greek "royals".)
Old 11-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan

She can't speak danish, therefore she is stupid. (But if she had been able to speak danish perfectly she would have been considered a golddigger for trying to hard) She wears designer outfits, therefore she is a fashion model and not a royal. (But if she had worn cheaper clothes she would have been known as the H&M princess like MM) She met her man at a pub, therefore she is a golddigger. (But if she had met him at a serious event she would probably had been known as a golddigger anyway). And the silliest thing so far is that she is almost a farmer just because she is from Tasmania and therefore she can't behave.
Thanks for your 2 cents caz thats all it was worth.... all royals wear designer outfits... they have pressure to look that way... Tasmania isnt a bad place... she isnt almost a farmer... she lived a normal australia life... just because u meet someone in a pub doesnt make someone a gold digger... obviously you are a gold digger whos jealous to speculate so much

TASMINIANS ARENT HILLBILLY'S GO AWAY!!!!!
Old 11-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Mary and Prince Fredrick are coming to Australia for an official and personal visit in March 2004. They will go to Sydney, Canberra and Hobart:
Princess Mary is coming home
By Miranda Korzy
November 18, 2004

CROWN Princess Mary of Denmark and her husband Crown Prince Frederik will make their first official visit to Australia next March to celebrate the 200th birthday of Danish storyteller Hans Christian Andersen.

Back where it all began ... the crown prince and princess can expect a warm welcome in March.
The princess, 32, was born in Tasmania and graduated in law and commerce before working in advertising and real estate in Sydney, where she met Prince Frederik in a pub during the 2000 Olympic Games.

Danish Consul-General in Sydney Jorgen Mollegaard Kristensen today confirmed the royal couple would arrive in Australia in early March.

"Yes, they are coming," Mr Mollegaard Kristensen said.

"It's a combination of a private and official visit."

Their program was still being finalised but they were expected to visit Sydney and Canberra for official functions, with Hobart on their personal itinerary.

He said the royal couple would appoint four Australians to be Hans Christian Andersen ambassadors at a Sydney Opera House ceremony during the visit.

"There will be a lot of activities to promote the Danish author and his books," he said.

Australian Olympic champion runner Cathy Freeman had already been appointed an ambassador for the author when she visited Denmark earlier this year, he said.

Hans Christian Anderson was born on April 2, 1805, in the town of Odense.

He wrote 168 fairy tales, along with novels, poetry and plays before this death in 1875.

Among his best known works are The Emperor's New Clothes, The Little Mermaid and The Ugly Duckling.

Mr Mollegaard Kristensen said a statue of Hans Christian Andersen would be erected in Wynyard Park, in Sydney's centre, to mark the birthday celebrations.

The royal couple would also be guests of honour at the Victor Chang Royal Ball in Sydney on March 4.

The ball was a fundraiser for the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute (VCCRI) and would celebrate the 10th anniversary of its incorporation as an independent research facility, VCCRI chairman and former NSW Premier Neville Wran said. "Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, whose mother passed away in 1997 following a heart operation, is no stranger to the impact of heart disease, a disease that kills five times as many women as breast cancer," the VCCRI said.

AAP
Old 11-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Courtier

Whatever are the negative comments that other people say to CP Mary, all I can say that she deserves a congratulations because whatever things have she accomplished, she did her best on all of it.

And when it comes to her task as CP of Denmark, she is really a good representative of the country and besides she does all of her tasks with sincerity and determination.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 11-18-2004, 03:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
Thanks for your 2 cents caz thats all it was worth.... all royals wear designer outfits... they have pressure to look that way... Tasmania isnt a bad place... she isnt almost a farmer... she lived a normal australia life... just because u meet someone in a pub doesnt make someone a gold digger... obviously you are a gold digger whos jealous to speculate so much

TASMINIANS ARENT HILLBILLY'S GO AWAY!!!!!
I think you misunderstood me. I don't think all those things about Mary. I think she's doing a great job. What I meant was that some people will hate her no matter what she does.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:56 AM
Courtier

oh ok hehe im so sorry i just get upset when anyone puts anyone down..... hehehe :) thats good to hear....
Old 11-18-2004, 03:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Aren't you a little bit contradictory? See the thing is if you don't like somebody, you are liable to say something negative, and vise versa. So everyone should have a say in it, why is this board any different unless the mission of this board is to trash some or to praise high heaven to some. I'm amazed people take such things so seriously that they are likely to get high blood pressure by arguing.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Ava Elizabeth... are you Mary's mother???...
Nobody hate Mary... where did you read that?
"Can the mary- haters please SHUT UP????" This quote from you demonstrate that you are the one who don't respect the others.
This forum (my favorit one!!! :) ) exists for we give our opinion about royal people, we don't have to like every royals the same way . Nobody hear in offending Mary, or her parents, or her family, and nobody hear is offending you, so please don't ask us to shut up because we won't do that.

Thank you and regards. :)
Old 11-18-2004, 06:07 PM
Royal Highness

Okay, Ladies! Please be respectful of one another. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but please be respectful in the process.

Please review the forum rules and guidelines if you feel that your post might be off-topic etc.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=3547

Thank you,
Julia
Old 11-19-2004, 09:11 AM
Aristocracy

Ok: I admit that I got a little bit angry about that! I didnt mean to offend anyone, Im just tired of people calling mary a golddigger, and always focusing on what she does wrong!!
I will try to controll my temper, after this! =)
Old 11-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Royal Highness

Today the couple received a delegation from the Danish Chamber of Commerce who presented the couple with their wedding gift. No pictures as yet.

Closed Thread