Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: November 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GrandDuchess said:
I couldn't agree more! A lot of "journalism" of today is really under all standards... I think there's a lot of buying articles from other magazines/newspapers in other countries (then just translating them) or from news agencies of the world - and when they do write articles of their own, I often find both the actual text quite lousy and sometimes the background cheks are under all critique....

I agree. Well said. It would be nice if the 4th estate would do better.

Well someone put the interview Mary gave to Dansk online and all they talked about was about fashion in Denmark which I thought was rather appropriate as she is the patron of CIFF.

And why is everyone blaming Mary[\I] for promoting herself? Shouldn't it be her advisors or the DRF who are promoting her? I mean, she would have to have permission from the DRF to do all these interviews and all these photoshoots. She was obviously allowed to do them, so the DRF must think that it is good PR. I think it's great that they are breaking the rule - 'royals should not give interviews'.

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 said:
Well someone put the interview Mary gave to Dansk online and all they talked about was about fashion in Denmark which I thought was rather appropriate as she is the patron of CIFF.

And why is everyone blaming Mary[\I] for promoting herself? Shouldn't it be her advisors or the DRF who are promoting her? I mean, she would have to have permission from the DRF to do all these interviews and all these photoshoots. She was obviously allowed to do them, so the DRF must think that it is good PR. I think it's great that they are breaking the rule - 'royals should not give interviews'.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Mary wouldn't be seeking out these interviews herself. A request would be sent to the palace, who would filter out many of the requests before Mary, and the rest of the Royal Family even sees them, I'd imagine.

Neither do I think that three major interviews is a lot. If she had done ten in the past months, then we could start debating, but three? It's also one of those things I imagine will even out as time goes on.

Genevieve said:
Completely agree. Mary needs to roll up her sleeves and get to some real work rather than just posing for magazines and giving interviews.

But I guess you can't expect much from hard work from Mary if her own husband doesn't work too hard either. This couple is the least hard working of all their peers. Other Crown Prince couples who have young children work harder than them. Crown Princess Maxima is 4/5 months pregnant yet she is in Africa for several days.

I think Mary has been doing quite a lot of "real" work the last months. She has been at Hjaetrefonden and julmaerkefonden and at that brain disease fund and at Landsforeningen SIND. She has inaugurated highways and been at the fashion fair. She has also been in NY and now she's in Australia. And besides from the last two trips she has done this on her own, without her husband. Therefore I think she's doing really well.

Lol, well you know its because Fred and Mary make "work" look like a whole lotta fun!!!!

I mean seriously, they're in Australia raising money for the Victor Chang Cardiac Insitute, they're doing their bit for cancer research (which is very relevant for Denmark because apparently, skin cancer is on the rise in Denmark, and Australia is a world leader when it comes to skin cancer research), Save the Children, appointing Australian and New Zealand hand Christian ambassadors etc etc.... but its just been so much fun! No boringness associated with their events, no siree!

For example, I went to the harbour to watch the yacht race on Sunday (I left too early because I thought the race was at 12.30.... but let's not go there... I'm still disappointed about that) and it was just such a great day out! All these people arriving really early (we arrived at 10 am and there were already people perched on the seawall and lining the opera house steps). And a couple of boats would go past displaying the Danish flag! And Frederik's yacht appeared and raised its polar bear spinnaker (because his boat's called Nanoq, which is apparently "polar bear" in Greenlandic or Danish or something) and people lining the Opera House steps cheered! It was so lovely! Hmmm, they must've been Danes.... though we Aussies have been well informed and we've been told in the newspapers that Nanoq means polar bear).

Yaaayyy Frederik and Mary!!!

Oh, and did anyone see the Denton interview??? So hilarious! They're both really funny! Frederik is such a cutie, and Mary's got a mean sense of humour! For real, I was just laughing so much. Awww, they're both so sweet. Gotta watch it! For you Aussies, it will be repeated again... check your TV guides or call ABC.

Jasl said:
Oh, and did anyone see the Denton interview??? So hilarious! They're both really funny! Frederik is such a cutie, and Mary's got a mean sense of humour! For real, I was just laughing so much. Awww, they're both so sweet. Gotta watch it! For you Aussies, it will be repeated again... check your TV guides or call ABC.

Yes, they are both came across as very sweet.

Of course, they didn,t give too much away; but there were a couple of intersting comments about the way the media works...

Crown Princess Mary said she had to be careful during the opening of the Danish Parliament because the photographers would be waiting for her (or any of the Danish Royals) to blink. If they managed to get a picture with eyes closed, they could be accused of being bored or of being asleep.

She was asked about the most ridiculous story she had read about herself. She replied that it was reading that she was 14 weeks pregnant [when she went to hospital for her gall bladder operation], with calculations as to the expected date of the birth.

Because the pregnancy story was a complete fabrication she said she now looks at other stories in magazines [about other people] and wonders if they too have been completely made up.

There may be a transcript published on the ABC web site (abc.com.au) at some stage, but who knows, it may be subject to Palace control/copyright.

Dennis has posted the link to the transcript of the interview on the "Frederik and Mary to Visit Australia" thread.

Worth reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jasl said:
...Oh, and did anyone see the Denton interview??? So hilarious! They're both really funny! Frederik is such a cutie, and Mary's got a mean sense of humour! For real, I was just laughing so much. ...

GREAT interview, really enjoyed it.

I loved the on going references to "high ceilings"... very funny!!

If I didn't already like and admire them I would have been totally won over by this interview -- good work!!

Sorry to ask, but i now that existe severals pics from Mary and horses, like some video i belive. Can you plese repost them??I just have the pics from Polfoto, but i belive that existe more...please, please, please,......

Is Mary as tall as Princess Diana????

Hi,

I have always thought Mary was somewhere between 5'5 and 5'7 but now I am not sure.

Mary and Princess Diana danced with the same man in Aus., it is bad that I don't know who he is but it was when Mary wore the long black gown with the silver bit around her waist.

Anyway, Mary looks as tall as Diana did against the man, maybe one is wearing shorter shoes but it made me wonder.

I would have thought Mette-Marit is as tall as Diana, and Mary was smaller.

Anyone know what height Mary is in feet and inches?

Or Mette-Marit and Maxima??

Thanks in advance!

EmmieLou said:
Hi,

I have always thought Mary was somewhere between 5'5 and 5'7 but now I am not sure.

Mary and Princess Diana danced with the same man in Aus., it is bad that I don't know who he is but it was when Mary wore the long black gown with the silver bit around her waist.

Anyway, Mary looks as tall as Diana did against the man, maybe one is wearing shorter shoes but it made me wonder.

I would have thought Mette-Marit is as tall as Diana, and Mary was smaller.

Anyone know what height Mary is in feet and inches?

Or Mette-Marit and Maxima??

Thanks in advance!

I think your thoughts are right!

Princess Diana had the same height as her husband charles who's 5'9 = 178cm according to the british posters,that's why she wasn't wearing heels:)

I came across picture of CP.frederik beside P.Charles(in the funeral of josefine charlotte),he looks not that tall,he's like 2cm shorter than charles,i think he's around 176cm or 5'8,but mary is still shorter than her husband wearing heels,so i think you thoughts are accurate and she's between 5'5 to 5'7,but not as tall as was princess Diana who was 5'9!

what mary is doing?;) :confused: :)

Attachments

• mary and hair.JPG
    mary and hair.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,666
Is Mary and Frederik back in Denmark yet?
Whats next? Will the have a couple of days off to "adjust" or will they start working right away?

Yennie said:
Is Mary and Frederik back in Denmark yet?
Whats next? Will the have a couple of days off to "adjust" or will they start working right away?

Yep the cupel is back in Denmark..They returned yesterday and the next ting they are going to do is :
CP Frederik are to opening of the world championship in archery the 23/3-05.
CP Frederik are going to be at the finale of the European championship of ping-pong the 30/3-05.
CP Frederik are at place to the opening cermoni for the Round Table org. the 31/3-05
CP Mary are giving the MIA award away the 31/3-05
CP Mary are atending the gallabanquet at the Dutch ambassador the 31/3-05.

Thanks for the info!

I'll be looking forward to seeing Mary in gala again, always spectacular :):)

Some danish articles about Mary published during easter

274096_small.jpg

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=351742:fid=100300158/

Mary does to much modelling
The historian Steffen Heiberg thinks Mary has done to much modelling and says that she must not remind people of an american movie star, he says there are not the same regalness\worthyness over an istitutuion if the members of the royal family acts in model situations. He further says that he fears for the monarchys future if the young generations becomes to common and to much like models\celebreties, then the royal house will just be a upperclas thing living on tax payers money. The royal HOuse has to rember its history and tradition. He warns agains becomming like the british royal family and says that there should not be to many divorces, he also says that when on gets a "common" CP she comes with a past and that the media will be very interested in that past as they have been in Spain and Norway and also is in Denmark

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=351738:fid=100300158/
communication experts Klaus Kjøller says that Mary will be in risiko (of what??) if she continues to model, but he also says that he thinks it is her choice to present her self as a very elegant princess and that she is very aware of her possibilitites. The Royal house has to renew\modenize it self. He dont think there is any danger as long as Queen Margrethe is a live and says it is hard to imagine Denmark without the Royal Family

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=351744:fid=100021710/
Frederik said in an interview in Austrralia that: In some:mad: situations it is good that the woman is in the front and that you have to creat your self and you life with in you age It is nice to have pictures of youself in young clothes whilst one is still young and look good

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=351740:fid=100021706/
Interview with a swedish Professor that I think has previously been posted in swedish and Norwegian papers, says that the modern Princesses has a very difficult job, not only do they have to look good in ball gowns they also has to be a good mother and wife, be beautiful, sporty,have lifeexperience and be able to answer all sorts of questions. She thinks all the new Princesses has done very well.

274040_small.jpg

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=351586:fid=100300158/

the body everyone speaks about
Some think she has lost to much weight and is a dangerous rolemodel for young girls, others think she is a perfect representative of the healthy life style. The whole of Denmark has seen how she has become tinyer by the day and that Uffe Frank had to take in her wedding dress several times before the wedding. The slimmer she has gotten the more praize for her looks she has recieved. Social Advisor Lena Rem is concerned, she says it is dangerous that everyone talks about how pretty Mary is, and it can get women to be even more critical of their own look and eatingdisorders is an increasing problem among young girls. Also a children psychiatric is concerned and says that almost all female rolemodels are very slim, she also says boys dont have the same preassure

A childrens Doctor says Mary is good rolemodel for a healthy and sporty lifestyle, and one should not make it out that everyone that is thin is sick. She is also happy that Frederik is now very rarely pictured smoking

0503281614323522_82b44ef2.jpg

http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=288001
Mary and Frederik had their hooneymoon in Kenya, the borrowed the retreat\range of a rich dane called Jan Bonde. its south west of Nairobe and is 65000 acres and is guarded by 60 armed guards. Bondes children went to the same school at Amalienborg as Frederik and Joachim

Last edited:
I found some pics of Mary that i belive are new. The unical probleme is that they are very, very small .... i think they guive nice avarats. Maibe later i do some.

Attachments

• 508452b.jpg
    508452b.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,789
  • 513497a.jpg
    513497a.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1,815
  • 462590a.jpg
    462590a.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1,795
  • 458447h.jpg
    458447h.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,799
  • 442240i.jpg
    442240i.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,784
  • 508452a.jpg
    508452a.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,787
  • 510151a.jpg
    510151a.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1,769
  • 462590h.jpg
    462590h.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,788
  • 442240h.jpg
    442240h.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,791
I think she looked nicer when she had more weight:)

love Amilia

Amilia said:
I think she looked nicer when she had more weight:)

love Amilia

I totally agree with you. The pink dress she wore in Australia, looked so much better on her a few years ago when she was a bit heavier, she looked so much more healthier and radiant. I think she has lost to much weight, some people are naturally very skinny, but you can see that she is supposed to weigh a bit more.

I agree, especially about the beautiful coral/pink dress.

She has lost some weight, but I like the fact that she still maintains an athletic physique.

She was pretty before, but I think she's even a lot prettier having lost some weight. She still looks healthy, and very elegant!

From Hello: http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/04/01/princessmary/

MARY SHOWS SHE'S A PRACTICAL PRINCESS
1 APRIL 2005

Although she's one of Europe's most-photographed royals, Princess Mary has shown she's not afraid to wear the same thing twice when she's in front of the lens.

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark's wife was stunning in a deep purple gown as she attended an anniversary dinner celebrating four centuries of trade between her adopted country and the Netherlands. But to the keen eye, the opulent velvet gown with satin draping may have looked familiar – she also wore it to a gala event in New York earlier this year.

The Australia-born royal isn't the only new crown princess who has demonstrated a willingness to recycle favourite ensembles, though. Crown Princess Letizia, married to the heir to Spain's throne for less than a year, reappeared in a red silk skirt she wore to Frederik and Mary's wedding just one month after the nuptials.

1. Crown Princess Mary, in an elegant purple gown, chats with Belgium's Princess Laurentien at a dinner party in Denmark

2. The luxurious number made a previous appearance at a New York gala in February

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 261
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 378
Thanks for the article Anna_R. Since when did Princess Laurentien become a Belgian princess:rolleyes:

Looks like someone at Hello saw your post Alisa. The new photo caption now says:
Crown Princess Mary, in an elegant purple gown, chats with Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands at a dinner party in Denmark
Does anyone else feel like Hello gets their ideas for stories from the TRF board?;)

Attachments

• mary-laurentien03.jpg
    mary-laurentien03.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 253
Thanks for the pics!

Mary looks dashing in that gown, and Laurentien looks very good too (ooph!). For as far as I can tell, her dress looks very similar to the one Letizia wore to Denmark. Laurentien's jewellery is amazing too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hello and few other publications that cover Royals got their inspiration from TRF and maybe even some of the other boards.

I agree that Laurentien looks wonderful. If only she could pull herself together and dress this way more often. Sometimes her clothing is just so awful!

Hi! I've never posted here before, but I thought some of you may be interested in an article that appeared in an Australian magazine that centres around some criticism Crown Princess Mary has drawn from the Royal Court about her being too glamorous (I’m paraphrasing here by the way, these are not my own words). I don’t know how much of the article is based on fact cause it's a trashy, gossip magazine but if anyone's interested I can post the article... might give you all something to discuss... Just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom