Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: April - November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read all the posts in the last few days in detail, but can some-one tell me if CP Mary spoke Danish at her wedding festivities and what the quality was (like, was it improved 100% over last time)?

Two,
what language is she conversing in on her honeymoon?

Three,
I bet they say afterwards (like in a year's time) that their honeymoon was at the opposite end of Australia relative to Tasmania !!!!!!
I wonder if she's going to show some dingo's to Pingo :innocent: ?

Originally posted by King Christian@May 18th, 2004 - 6:15 pm
I didn't read all the posts in the last few days in detail, but can some-one tell me if CP Mary spoke Danish at her wedding festivities and what the quality was (like, was it improved 100% over last time)?

Well she said: "Ja" twice in Vor Frue Kirke, but apart from that she didn't really say anything. Not that Ja wasn't enough mind you. ;)

Topsy-Turvy  Posted on May 17th, 2004 - 7:02 pm

loose a royal boyfriend is to talk about the relationship. Mum's the word.
The impression I get, is that Mary met her future mom-in-law at the chateau in La belle France.
Seems to me, either the Danish press or paparazzi isn't too much on the ball, or Queen Mum :flower: has got a very good understanding with the press (read, oh how boring this life is in Caix???) !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by King Christian@May 18th, 2004 - 11:40 pm
has got a very good understanding with the press (read, oh how boring this life is in Caix???) !!!!!!!!
Yes, it might be boring for them. Too bad. A very lovely region of France.

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@May 19th, 2004 - 9:34 am
What will be the adress of Mary's site??
HRH Crown Princess Mary will not have a website of her own - she is already a part of The Crown Prince's site - she has had a page there since the news of their official engagement was released on 24.september !

These days the court is working on her page, though.

It will change more, I believe :) and hope ...

Frederik and Mary

Originally posted by King Christian@May 19th, 2004 - 5:40 am
The impression I get, is that Mary met her future mom-in-law at the chateau in La belle France. 
Seems to me, either the Danish press or paparazzi isn't too much on the ball
Crown Princess Mary told Ninka she met Queen Margrethe for the first time april 2002

Margrethe spends easter in the Århus palace Marselisborg, before she takes up residence at Fredensborg palace for the spring, after a few july weeks at Gråsten palace, she spends august in Caïx

The danish royals are rarely followed by paparazzis - you did notice how few photos of the private Mary were published after the press release 24.09.03 about the couple's forthcoming engagement ?

Another example : All media - danish and australian - wrote Mary had left for Australia between christmas and new year - despite paparazzis could have taken pics of her in Denmark which proved them wrong - because Mary didn't leave the country until mid january - with her fiance for her sister Patricia Bailey's wedding in Hobart 17.janaury 2004.

Last edited by a moderator:
HRH Crown Princess Mary will not have a website of her own - she is already a part of The Crown Prince's site - she has had a page there since the news of their official engagement was released on 24.september !

These days the court is working on her page, though.

It will change more, I believe :) and hope ...

Frederik and Mary
That's odd, because it said in Ekstra Bladet some months ago, that the Court had purchased WWW.KRONPRINSESSEN.DK and that the site would be launched some time this summer. It was in connection to a crack down on unauthorized use of domain-names.

anna  Posted: May 19th, 2004 - 4:37 am
(King Christian @ May 19th, 2004 - 5:40 am)

the Danish press or paparazzi isn't too much on the ball
... are rarely followed by paparazzis - you did notice how few photos of the private Mary were published after the press release 24.09.03 about the couple's forthcoming engagement ?
What do you figure .... the same after as before? I doubt it.
I imagine a few months of quiet, and then ramping up to the full glare?

Originally posted by King Christian@May 19th, 2004 - 8:33 pm
anna   Posted: May 19th, 2004 - 4:37 am
(King Christian @ May 19th, 2004 - 5:40 am)

the Danish press or paparazzi isn't too much on the ball
... are rarely followed by paparazzis - you did notice how few photos of the private Mary were published after the press release 24.09.03 about the couple's forthcoming engagement ?
What do you figure .... the same after as before? I doubt it.
I imagine a few months of quiet, and then ramping up to the full glare?
I would have thought is would be the other way round. We have had the full blown media interest (which was nothing compared to what Diana had to go through for the rest of her life) and then I would think there should be a lessening down.

Actually perhaps not straight after, but I don't think it will get as bad as that immediately pre-wedding.

in Ekstra Bladet some months ago, that the Court had purchased WWW.KRONPRINSESSEN.DK and that the site would be launched some time this summer. It was in connection to a crack down on unauthorized use of domain-names
We'll see if Crown Princess Mary gets a website of her own then :)

Ekstra Bladet frequent assumptions regarding the royal family often prove to be wrong though ...

The royal court of the Netherlands did purchase the rights over many, many domain names which could be made on the names of the members of the royal family - despite that - they have not released a website for each member of the family ;)

Why is Mary referred to as Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth? Is there a reason they use her middle name?

By the way, if you go to the offical website of the Danish Royal family, and click on the English version of the homepage, there is a typo. She is referred to as His Royal Highness, Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth. I just thought that was pretty funny.

Originally posted by Josefine@May 13th, 2004 - 3:39 pm
after the wedding her title will be Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth
but will be called Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary
this was a statement from the court I posted it earlier in the thread

i do not think the court own the address try the adddress
http://www.kronprinsessen.dk

maryandfredrikforever: who's that in your avatar?

That is crown princess Victoria of Sweden, if i am not mestake

I just checked the Danish royal family's website and our dear Crown Princess Mary has her new site (sort of...): http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/62000c

It's in the same spot on Frederik's page that used to read "Mary Donaldson" and now reads "HKH Kronprinsessen" and when you go to it, it no longer has the CV for "Mary Donaldson" but for "Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth."

I imagine that this will become her permanent site with additions to come soon!

That site has been up for awhile.

I don't know if anyone here remembers the interview Mary gave to Politiken. In the interview, she mentioned a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning which she said was important to her. She said that she would know the love of her life if when she reads this poem to him, she feels that it holds true for them. In her letter to Frederik, she quoted bits of this poem to him. I thought "yeah yeah quoting poems, whatever"... but each line in this poem is quite heavy, so they were probably quite serious even before she went to Denmark don't you think? (I am of course, guessing!)

Anyway, here's the poem as posted by Layla in My Favourite Books Corner of LTR :flower: :flower:

How do I love thee?

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and Ideal Grace.

I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle light.

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.

I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seem to lose
With my lost saints -- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! -- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806 - 1861)

Oops! Sorry...I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake these days. I'm studying for my national boards exams and there isn't a lot of extra time for royal-info gathering! Apologies... :flower:

Well.. methinks Mary is quite the romantic....... :flower:

And its a very oldfashioned declaration of love that poem, and rather timeless too it seems since it is often shared by lovers and even recited at weddings I believe!!

It is a very famous poem - and indeed a very beautiful one. HOw romantic!

Originally posted by Josefine@May 20th, 2004 - 12:47 pm
i do not think the court own the address try the adddress
http://www.kronprinsessen.dk
This just shows that the site isn't up & running yet, which is quiet logical because as previously posted, the newspaper wrote that the site would be launched sometime this summer. You can't see who actually owns the site, as this is not required under Danish Law.

This just shows that the site isn't up & running yet, which is quiet logical because as previously posted, the newspaper wrote that the site would be launched sometime this summer. You can't see who actually owns the site, as this is not required under Danish Law. [/b]
but it looks like it is a company that register the address and then sell it for high costs to them who wants it....

but it looks like it is a company that register the address and then sell it for high costs to them who wants it.... [/b]
Well I can see why you might think so, but that is no longer legal. The new rules for the intellectual property rights include the rights to domain-names. (It was settled in the Kirk-Kristiansen (LEGO)-case which was decided by Vestre Landsret in 2003. And it is usual for the domain-provider to keep his logo on the website untill it is launched.

Mary's first prince
Exclusive by KELVIN HEALEY
May 23, 2004

BRENT Annells was watching with more interest than most when Mary Donaldson married Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik in Copenhagen last week.

The Melbourne public relations executive is not only Mary's friend, but also the man who shared her life for seven years during the 1990s.

Mr Annells, son of Connex Australia chairman Bob Annells, was not at Mary's spectacular wedding, but said he remained good friends with the Tasmanian beauty, who he described as "smart, honest and down to earth".

Mr Annells, 33, avoided publicity before the wedding.

The director of his family's St Kilda-based PR firm said he was not surprised by Denmark's affection for the princess.

"She's a fantastic person," Mr Annells said. "She's very genuine, smart, honest and down-to-earth and I think the way she has been embraced by the royal family is a reflection of that."

It is understood the couple's break-up was amicable.

"The relationship we had over the seven years was effectively over four or five years ago and we've remained good friends," he said. "I wish her and her partner every happiness."

A mutual friend of Mr Annells and Mary said the couple had met at university. The woman, who attended the royal wedding, said: "They were a happy young university couple. They still hold each other in great standing.

"He was invited to the wedding, but was unable to attend due to work commitments. She's a very smart girl and he's also very successful in his own right. He's a very honourable man."

The crown princess spoke about Mr Annells in a documentary released on Danish television shortly before the wedding.

"I had a boyfriend for seven years, but we drifted apart," she said.

Mary said her mother's sudden death in 1997 had changed her life. She quit her advertising job in Melbourne soon after and travelled the world. The separation reportedly damaged the relationship.

Mr Annells and Mary lived in South Yarra and had a joint business interest. She was secretary of company Kingcash and Mr Annells was a director between 1993 and 1995. Like Mary, Mr Annells was born in Hobart and moved to Melbourne. His father was a Tasmanian tourism bureaucrat who became Tourism Victoria chief executive before moving to Connex.

Meanwhile, the wedding continues to obsess the Danes and earn money for businesses.

In chapels across Denmark, brides are walking down aisles in "Mary gowns", the Postal Service's biggest selling stamp is the wedding special issue and everyone with something to sell knows the princess is big business.

"In three days, we have sold 2.5 million stamps at 4.5 Danish kroner ($1.10)," said marketing director Allan Bo Hansen. "Normally we wouldn't sell that in a month."

Danish fashion experts are predicting the stylish Mary will inspire a billion-dollar industry.

"Mary is unquestionably a fashion icon," said designer Mikkel Skjoldan. "Her look will be seen in boutiques, magazines and ads."

Chocolate and candle makers, florists, toy stores, fairy shops and T-shirt vendors are among those cashing in, but perhaps the biggest winners have been the glossy magazines. Top seller Billed Bladet expects to raise circulation by 75 per cent with its royal wedding edition.

Sunday Herald Sun

For the third week in a row, "Mary - The Interview book", by Ninka, is #1 on the bestseller list in the category: "Biographies/Memoires".

Mary's stepmom, Susan Moody, has her book: "Den italienske have" (The italian garden) as #6 on the bestseller list in the category: "Fiction" in this week, Last week #7.
Susan Moody, has been relatively unknown as a writer in Denmark before. The publisher hopes for an increasing interest after the spectacular wedding.

I think Mary will be a trendsetter as well, but in a way everyone is kind of a trendsetter. :flower:

Well said australian_cornsilk!!!
Coming from a fellow Austarlian teacher, I couldn't have said it better myself

Does anyone know if they are back from the Honeymoon?

In the excerpts from the book Mary says Frederick proposed to her in Rome. Were they ever spotted on that trip by photographers? Does anyone have photos or a good guess on when he proposed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom