The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #381  
Old 11-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
Just a note about this Vogue issue. I think some people here believe that what Mary did was merely pose for some pictures. This is incorrect - the main point of the article was actually to interview Mary, and I think Kristie Clements (the Vogue editor who interviewed Mary) did this very well. I hope all the critics get to own a copy, because the article is actually very nice and shows a very thoughtful, intelligent young woman who is very aware of her new role but who doesn't want to be pushed into doing things. You can sense that she wants a balance, and that she's not about to just accept every request that comes her way because she knows that to do so is not sustainable. You get the feeling that she thinks that might be harmful in the long run (if there's no balance), or if not that, then she certainly thinks to do so is not as productive as concentrating on ones you really believe in.

Here's an excerpt of the Vogue article (a HUGE thank you to syd from the CP Mary MB!!!).
Quote:
The interview
by Kirstie Clements, editor Vogue Australia
www.vogue.com.au

....... “It’s important to look historically, to consider the perimeters and framework in which you’re working. It’s important to look to and talk with other members of the family about how they have created their role and how they fulfil their role. I have an opportunity to choose and to influence what my role becomes. I’m in a very fortunate situation because I can choose with my heart. I want to take my time with this.”
This is something she has clearly given a great deal of thought. “There are so many factors to consider,” she says, warming to the subject. “There are the inherited patronages, and then there are the offers that are on the table today and not least, my own wish list. It’s not easy to go quickly through all these things. It is important to look at the overall picture – tp be sure there is symmetry and meaning across all of it. I don’t want to be nothing to everyone. I need to be committed to an organization, so I can make a difference. It has to be something solid, for Denmark and for me.
“There also has to be a space, that allows me to grow as I develop and become more experienced, so that I can take on new things. I must make sure that from the beginning it’s not too full. Because once you choose, it is pretty much for life. There has to be a percentage left for future development. It is very much like starting a new job or project. And right now I’m in the strategic planning phase!
“Part of me wants it to be done right now, but it is important not to rush. I want to choose carefully, I want to investigate where I can give the benefit of my experience, and my background. Of course, I’ll cut ribbons and so on, that’s important too, but my altruistic nature wants to work for something that will really make a difference. If I have too many patronages that won’t be possible. That’s what I mean about being nothing to everyone. We all want to work on something we’re passionate about, because then you’ll do a damn good job.” ........
I say, good luck to you Mary and I'm glad you're thinking about this the right way and not overburdening yourself in this early stage of your new "career".... Hope you make the right decisions as to the charities you'll be involved with, and to do what you feel is best for you. Don't let them push you around.
__________________

  #382  
Old 11-02-2004, 08:23 AM
MarieLouise's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasl
Just a note about this Vogue issue. I think some people here believe that what Mary did was merely pose for some pictures. This is incorrect - the main point of the article was actually to interview Mary, and I think Kristie Clements (the Vogue editor who interviewed Mary) did this very well. I hope all the critics get to own a copy, because the article is actually very nice and shows a very thoughtful, intelligent young woman who is very aware of her new role but who doesn't want to be pushed into doing things.

I say, good luck to you Mary and I'm glad you're thinking about this the right way and not overburdening yourself in this early stage of your new "career".... Hope you make the right decisions as to the charities you'll be involved with, and to do what you feel is best for you. Don't let them push you around.
Thank you so much for printing this Jasl. I would love to get a copy of the real magazine!
__________________

__________________
Dronning, dronning kom nu frem! Ellers går vi aldrig hjem!!!
  #383  
Old 11-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 549
Easily done (well ok, maybe not that easy)... go to www.vogue.com.au and order a copy. It might take a while though, but this month's issue is definitely worth it (only costs about $15... not sure if that includes postage and handling).

I should be getting my own copy tomorrow (yaaaaayyyy!! I might get two... one for reading, and one to pass on to my grandkids in 50 years time, haha!)
  #384  
Old 11-02-2004, 09:19 AM
MarieLouise's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasl
Easily done (well ok, maybe not that easy)... go to www.vogue.com.au and order a copy. It might take a while though, but this month's issue is definitely worth it (only costs about $15... not sure if that includes postage and handling).

I should be getting my own copy tomorrow (yaaaaayyyy!! I might get two... one for reading, and one to pass on to my grandkids in 50 years time, haha!)
Thank you Jasl. I think I might just do that. :)
__________________
Dronning, dronning kom nu frem! Ellers går vi aldrig hjem!!!
  #385  
Old 11-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Anna_R's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,143
Crown princess Mary of Denmark at the opening of the Stamp Collection in Copenhagen Forum, Nov. 5th, 2004 - From Imagine Scandinavia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	54196   Click image for larger version

Name:	0002.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	54197   Click image for larger version

Name:	0003.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	54198   Click image for larger version

Name:	0004.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	54199  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0005.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	54200   Click image for larger version

Name:	0006.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	54201  
__________________
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift... That's why it's called present...
  #386  
Old 11-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
About the Vogue fashion shoot of Mary's: I don't think it's in good taste for a Crown Princess or any princess (or prince for that matter) to pose in such a splashy manner. Some other photos I've seen, particularly a black and white one of Mary stepping out of a black car with a driver in a white cap holding the door for her, reminds me of one of the beginning scenes of the Julia Roberts's/Hugh Grant movie "Notting Hill." Read: The image of a star, a celebrity, not a Crown Princess.

In these pictures from Vogue, Mary makes me think of someone who loves the lavish lifestyle and idea of royalty but is not prepared for the hard work that comes with it. She likes the idea of being a glamorous, globe trotting "princess" but isn't prepared for the hard work of a princess.

Someone here provided an excerpt from Mary's Vogue interview to illustrate how thoughtful she is in her approach to her new role. But in the interview Mary says that she thinks its best to go slow at things in the beginning because if you jump in too quick you won't have time to grow in the future. Everybody has the ability to grow, no matter how quickly or slowly you approach things. Just because someone jumps head first into something, i.e. royal life and royal duties, doesn't mean they can't learn things from the experience or that they learn less than someone who goes at things with a royal duty here and there. My philosophy has always been that you learn more by actually doing than by thinking and watching, even if you do make mistakes along the way, you are also learning along the way. And is Mary saying that someone who has worked all her life for the Crown that at some point they can't learn anything anymore? If so, please tell that to Queen Elizabeth II and her very hard working daughter Princess Anne that they should stop now since they aren't learning anything anymore.

Maybe if Mary had waited a few years into her life as Crown Princess the interview might hold some more substance and some real life lessons, and she wouldn't come off as such a camera-hungry glamour puss.
  #387  
Old 11-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Regina's Avatar
Serene Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,646
Very well said Genevieve. Perfect!
  #388  
Old 11-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
Very well said Genevieve. Perfect!
Thank you Regina.

I just saw the thread of Mary's sister-in-law (soon to be ex I guess) on a UNICEF mission in Bangladesh. Compare those pictures of Alexandra with her hair in a half ponytail and a bit askew and minimal make up with these portraits of Mary and its obvious who the hardworking daughter-in-law in the family is. I find it very difficult to see Mary in the same position as Alexandra on such children and economic missions.
  #389  
Old 11-06-2004, 07:40 PM
H.M. Margrethe's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
Thank you Regina.

I just saw the thread of Mary's sister-in-law (soon to be ex I guess) on a UNICEF mission in Bangladesh. Compare those pictures of Alexandra with her hair in a half ponytail and a bit askew and minimal make up with these portraits of Mary and its obvious who the hardworking daughter-in-law in the family is. I find it very difficult to see Mary in the same position as Alexandra on such children and economic missions.
Give CP Mary som time to finde out witch funktions she woud like so support.
I know that Princesse Alexandra is very hardworking,but as i said befor give CP Mary som time to adjust her in to the funktions she is going to support for the rest of her life.
__________________
Long live the royal family in Denmark

  #390  
Old 11-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
Give CP Mary som time to finde out witch funktions she woud like so support.
I know that Princesse Alexandra is very hardworking,but as i said befor give CP Mary som time to adjust her in to the funktions she is going to support for the rest of her life.
This is such a tired mantra: Just give Mary time.

How much time do we give Mary exactly? How much time is enough time for Mary to prove herself a hard working member of the Danish RF?

In the months after the wedding, when everyone wondered where Mary was and her appearances were few and far between, everyone said "give Mary time" to settle into her role. Summer came and went, fall rolled in and Mary's appearances alone and with Frederik were still few and far between, and everyone still said "give Mary time."

It has been 6 months now since Mary has married Frederik and her appearances are far from regular or steady. We see her at best once a week -- although even this is a stretch some months. I think the hardest I have seen Mary work is the visit to Greenland, which was nearly two weeks. And after she returned from this trip, we didn't see her for some time -- resting up after all that hard work?

In the same period of time, we have seen Letizia of Spain, who married only a week after Mary, trek to Rome, Mexico, Guatemala, Jordan, Hungary, the U.S. not to mention the countless duties she does in Spain. Whether she does these duties accompanied by her husband or not, she has still done more than Mary during the same amount of time.

Mary should stop talking about how hard working she is, or rather plans to be, and really show the people how hard working she actually is. How come we don't hear the other Crown Princesses trump themselves up in magazine interviews declaring themselves hard working? Maybe because they are actually working and are too busy to be sitting around the palace modelling designer clothes and giving interviews about themselves.

Mary remind me of Marie Chantal of Greece: Someone who likes the lifestyle, prestige and honour of being a princess but isn't prepared to roll up her sleeves and do the work entailed. But in Marie Chantal's case, she is married to the Crown Prince from an exhiled country, so she has the title but none of the obligations. Mary isn't in her cousin-in-law's position and can't go around posing in designer clothes or in the front rows of fashion shows the way Marie Chantal can; Mary needs to prove her worth to the people of Denmark and get out there and be a representative for the country, not just talk about about how much she likes the country.
  #391  
Old 11-07-2004, 05:56 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 38
Genevieve you say it so well

Hi
Yes you really do.
I also think the high life for Marie Chantal alway was a normal life, after all her dad is a extremely rich, nothing like the background Mary came from. I also think Mary do know how to work hard because I think she did that to get Fred, her classes to better herself very soon after meeting him, wonder if MM ran of to do clesses straight after meeting Haakon??? I find Mary fake and irritating right now, and I think she need to get over herself. She need to spit out this bit of sour lemmon (her mouth is always pouty closed in a strange way) roll her sleeves up an DO something.
  #392  
Old 11-07-2004, 07:10 AM
julial's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 237
Alexandra is much intelligent and intellectual. Mary is not. IQ wise, Alex is much smather than Mary. You can just sense that. But Mary perhaps fits the royal household better because she is much similar to the royals in a sense that she is rather dull, IMO. No offense, just observation.
  #393  
Old 11-07-2004, 08:09 AM
Ennyllorac's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by julial
Alexandra is much intelligent and intellectual. Mary is not. IQ wise, Alex is much smather than Mary. You can just sense that. But Mary perhaps fits the royal household better because she is much similar to the royals in a sense that she is rather dull, IMO. No offense, just observation.
How do you know that Alex has a higher IQ than Mary? I know quite a few people with hig IQ's that act a bit dimwitted.
  #394  
Old 11-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Oman
Posts: 102
I partly agree with you both: in one way, its important to remember, that alexandra has been a princess for 9 years, mary has been a CP for 6 months.. In the beginning Alexandra, did the same thing as mary. She was not very often out and represented the royal family, but did it for the most together with her husband, and opened "less" important things, like museums. But at the same time, Im thinking with myself; shouldnt mary start to DO something? Like work for red Cross, or UNICEF or for woman with breast cancer, instead of beeing photographed in VOGUE?? If she had been a Cp for many years, and had found her "way": what she wanted to do, and worked hard for organizations, and did humanitar things, I personally would have loved to see her so pretty and stylish in VOGUE! but right now she seems more like a fashion princess to me..
But I dont agree with you about the rhings you write about mary loving the honor and media attention and prestige: I think she finds that quite hard to manage..
But I read mary is working really hard to settle uo her MARYS FOND for sex-misbused children in the world! She says she wants to take her time to find out what she wants to do in her new role..well, that is great, but I am getting unpatient to wait!
I just hope that she soon will REALLY start working, cause Im sue she will be great at it!!
And again: its not fair to compare mary and alexandra, ok?
  #395  
Old 11-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 393
can someone tell me whether i can read the interview online that was published in the australian vogue? thanks
  #396  
Old 11-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
This is such a tired mantra: Just give Mary time.

In the same period of time, we have seen Letizia of Spain, who married only a week after Mary, trek to Rome, Mexico, Guatemala, Jordan, Hungary, the U.S. not to mention the countless duties she does in Spain. Whether she does these duties accompanied by her husband or not, she has still done more than Mary during the same amount of time.
This is also a very tiring mantra....Perhaps those individuals who are saying to give Mary time are those who are familiar with the fact that different houses do things differently. Maxima started off with far less engagements that Mary has done, Princess Alexandra also started off doing similiar engagements that Mary is more or less doing. Perhaps people are saying give her time because that is all that is needed. She has been a princess for only 6months quite different than 3years or 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Elizabeth
I partly agree with you both: in one way, its important to remember, that alexandra has been a princess for 9 years, mary has been a CP for 6 months.. In the beginning Alexandra, did the same thing as mary. She was not very often out and represented the royal family, but did it for the most together with her husband, and opened "less" important things, like museums. But at the same time, Im thinking with myself; shouldnt mary start to DO something? Like work for red Cross, or UNICEF or for woman with breast cancer, instead of beeing photographed in VOGUE?? If she had been a Cp for many years, and had found her "way": what she wanted to do, and worked hard for organizations, and did humanitar things, I personally would have loved to see her so pretty and stylish in VOGUE! but right now she seems more like a fashion princess to me..
But I dont agree with you about the rhings you write about mary loving the honor and media attention and prestige: I think she finds that quite hard to manage..
But I read mary is working really hard to settle uo her MARYS FOND for sex-misbused children in the world! She says she wants to take her time to find out what she wants to do in her new role..well, that is great, but I am getting unpatient to wait!
I just hope that she soon will REALLY start working, cause Im sue she will be great at it!!
And again: its not fair to compare mary and alexandra, ok?
An issue that needs consideration is the fact that many of the charities that Mary might want to take up are already taken by other members of the RF. For example UNICEF is already taken by Princess Alexandra and both Prnce Joachim, and Crown Prince Frederik also work with similar charities.
  #397  
Old 11-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
An issue that needs consideration is the fact that many of the charities that Mary might want to take up are already taken by other members of the RF. For example UNICEF is already taken by Princess Alexandra and both Prnce Joachim, and Crown Prince Frederik also work with similar charities.
But there are countless charities that would be more than happy to have a royal patron, so why would Mary want to take over/over surp another member of the royal house's charities so she can take them on instead? Or why not have multiple royal patrons for some charities, for example, Alexandra and Mary could both work with UNICEF, whether it be the same aspect or different aspects of UNICEF.

I would think that the other members of the family couldn't have taken on all the charities that Queen Ingrid was a patron of, so why couldn't she take some of those on?

I just don't "buy" that all the charities in Denmark are taken up so Mary has no charity to work for or with. There's plenty she could do when it comes to charitable causes; it's not as if Mary wants to be the CEO of Microsoft and hence finds it difficult to get her foot in the door.
  #398  
Old 11-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,875
I didn't say that all the charities are taken up. You don't have to "buy" that because I didn't offer it to you. I specifically said that the charities that Mary might want to take up or might already be taken.

Of course there are plenty of charities out there that would love for Mary to be their patron. The court has already admitted that they have received a huge influx of offers and that Mary would be taking her time to go through them and make her decision.
  #399  
Old 11-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
This is also a very tiring mantra....Perhaps those individuals who are saying to give Mary time are those who are familiar with the fact that different houses do things differently. Maxima started off with far less engagements that Mary has done, Princess Alexandra also started off doing similiar engagements that Mary is more or less doing. Perhaps people are saying give her time because that is all that is needed. She has been a princess for only 6months quite different than 3years or 9.
Alexandra aside, Letizia, Maxima and all other Crown Princesses aside, my point was that I am tired of hearing Mary talk about how hard working and devoted to Denmark she is and actually see some action from her. She says over and over again about how hard working she has always been and how hard working she will be in the future, but how about now? When can we expect to see this rigorous work ethic of Mary's? A year from now? Two years? Three years? Ten years?

So we are to believe Mary as hard working when she works barely one day a week and and the hardest she has ever worked was to spend nearly 2 weeks in Greenland -- after which she took some extended time for herself?

She talks about how much she loves Denmark and how proud she is to be representing Denmark now, but yet for this very public VOGUE photoshoot did she choose to wear a single Danish designer? Even if the VOGUE editors chose the outfits and brought the outfits to Denmark over, had Mary spoken up and said she'd like to wear at least one outfit by a Danish designer in one picture I don't think the VOGUE editors would've opposed this since they obviously tried to hard to get the interview in the first place I doubt they'd want to make her angry or upset by saying no to this request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Elizabeth
I partly agree with you both: in one way, its important to remember, that alexandra has been a princess for 9 years, mary has been a CP for 6 months.. In the beginning Alexandra, did the same thing as mary. She was not very often out and represented the royal family, but did it for the most together with her husband, and opened "less" important things, like museums. But at the same time, Im thinking with myself; shouldnt mary start to DO something? Like work for red Cross, or UNICEF or for woman with breast cancer, instead of beeing photographed in VOGUE?? If she had been a Cp for many years, and had found her "way": what she wanted to do, and worked hard for organizations, and did humanitar things, I personally would have loved to see her so pretty and stylish in VOGUE! but right now she seems more like a fashion princess to me..
Alexandra and Mary are in different positions. Alexandra is/was married to the second in line to the throne, and was not the Crown Princess. The duties and obligations of Alexandra are no way on par with the duties and obligations of Mary. So even if Alexandra did less that Mary, you can't compare those things since they are different roles for each woman.

Mary, by virtue of her title and the obligations entailed with it should be doing more than Alexandra did at this stage of her marriage to Joachim.

And important or not, Mary should be doing something, anything. Whether one thinks opening museums or a new hospital wing is important or not, it is important to some people if not all, and while on a sliding scale of working for UNICEF or the Red Cross or whatever opening a museum may not be much, but it is something. Better to do something than nothing at all.

And it can't be a time issue for Mary; she finds the time (3 days I believe) to pose for VOGUE and conduct interviews, yet she can't spend 2 hours to search for charities she wants to be involved in and learn about them and get involved in their programs and initiatives?

I really think Mary talks a good game but has no actions to show for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Elizabeth
But I dont agree with you about the rhings you write about mary loving the honor and media attention and prestige: I think she finds that quite hard to manage..
Would someone who doesn't like the media attention inflicted upon her pose in a splashy photoshoot with designer clothes for such an internationally recognized magazine as VOGUE? Its only hard to manage because she wants to be photographed and to appear in so many magazines she hasn't got the time.

People who really despite the media attention brought on by their social status, choice of life or career don't voluntarily spend several days trying on designer clothes, getting made up and mugging for the camera. And it's not as if Mary is an entertainer and so needs to do such publicity to promote her films, shows or CDs.

Look at Victoria of Sweden's boyfriend Daniel Westling: He is someone who truly hates and loathes the media attention inflicted upon him. So much so that he enters his own gym via a seperate, more private entrance and when attending private parties with the CP, he enters the restaurant seperately rather than at Victoria's side.

If Mary truly hated the publicity she was getting, she would not be saying okay to a voluntary photo shoot and interview. Mary's actions and inactions speak louder than her words ever will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
Of course there are plenty of charities out there that would love for Mary to be their patron. The court has already admitted that they have received a huge influx of offers and that Mary would be taking her time to go through them and make her decision.
So then what's the hold up with Mary becoming the patron of any or all of these charities? Obviously there is an interest in her so hop to it Mary.

Or is she mulling them all over, seeing which one she would be of most value to her ... in between fashion shoots.
  #400  
Old 11-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
Alexandra aside, Letizia, Maxima and all other Crown Princesses aside, my point was that I am tired of hearing Mary talk about how hard working and devoted to Denmark she is and actually see some action from her. She says over and over again about how hard working she has always been and how hard working she will be in the future, but how about now? When can we expect to see this rigorous work ethic of Mary's? A year from now? Two years? Three years? Ten years?.
Mary has never said that she is hard working. She herself admitted to not doing much in the Vogue interview.She has however said that she would like to be a good and a worthy representative of Denmark.Obviously this takes some time. I don't understand why some people can't be patient enough the way they were patient with Alexandra, or even Princess Máxima.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
So we are to believe Mary as hard working when she works barely one day a week and and the hardest she has ever worked was to spend nearly 2 weeks in Greenland -- after which she took some extended time for herself?
After the end of 2 week trip to Greenland she had two engagements and she took a week off to prepare for the start of their summer tour. What's wrong with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
She talks about how much she loves Denmark and how proud she is to be representing Denmark now, but yet for this very public VOGUE photoshoot did she choose to wear a single Danish designer? Even if the VOGUE editors chose the outfits and brought the outfits to Denmark over, had Mary spoken up and said she'd like to wear at least one outfit by a Danish designer in one picture I don't think the VOGUE editors would've opposed this since they obviously tried to hard to get the interview in the first place I doubt they'd want to make her angry or upset by saying no to this request.
You are obviously uninformed. Mary wore clothing from Danish designer Malene Birger, she also wore jewelry from a Danish jeweler Georg Jensen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
Alexandra and Mary are in different positions. Alexandra is/was married to the second in line to the throne, and was not the Crown Princess. The duties and obligations of Alexandra are no way on par with the duties and obligations of Mary. So even if Alexandra did less that Mary, you can't compare those things since they are different roles for each woman.

Mary, by virtue of her title and the obligations entailed with it should be doing more than Alexandra did at this stage of her marriage to Joachim..
Their roles are pretty much the same.To go out there work and promote Denmark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
And important or not, Mary should be doing something, anything. Whether one thinks opening museums or a new hospital wing is important or not, it is important to some people if not all, and while on a sliding scale of working for UNICEF or the Red Cross or whatever opening a museum may not be much, but it is something. Better to do something than nothing at all.
I agree with you, but Mary has been out there working.

Quote:
And it can't be a time issue for Mary; she finds the time (3 days I believe) to pose for VOGUE and conduct interviews, yet she can't spend 2 hours to search for charities she wants to be involved in and learn about them and get involved in their programs and initiatives?

I really think Mary talks a good game but has no actions to show for it.

Quote:
If Mary truly hated the publicity she was getting, she would not be saying okay to a voluntary photo shoot and interview. Mary's actions and inactions speak louder than her words ever will.
She never said that she hated the publicity that she was getting but that it was a big adjustment. Many royals openly admit to not being fond of the public scruitiny that they receive by virtue of them being a public individua, yet many have had photo shoots.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 433 12-19-2006 02:23 PM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: May - November 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 447 11-09-2006 04:51 AM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: Oct. 2004 - May 2005 USCtrojan Current Events Archive 472 05-09-2005 12:34 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: May - October 2004 USCtrojan Current Events Archive 468 10-11-2004 08:43 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit dutch state visit to france e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece harald v kate middleton king abdullah ii king abdullah in australia king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala nobel gowns norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess marie fashion princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikha hind state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises