Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Yes, Chatleen, she told me that!

Old 11-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Majesty

i have read today Mary was stopped by some policemen driving at 140 km/h in a highway you can only go at 90. she was going in her saab cabrio and asked the policemen not to make it public, however they did. they didn't took her license, though.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was first reported in Se og Hør, not the most credible source, however there has been written before that she drives too fast, before she got married and lived in Copenhagen. Would not be supprised if she did, she would be joining the royal danish speeding club which consists of Queen Ingrid, Frederik, Joachim, Alexandra, Princess Benedikte and Prince Henrik. She will never loose her lisence as long as she is a CP, she is immune, as is the rest of the royal family.

Prince Richard (Benediktes husband) recently said in an interwiev that the Royal family should be more careful when driving and that her refuses to drive with some of them, (Im guessing Mary is now included with those he does not drive with:p )
Old 11-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
For Marie Louise: nobody hear is saying that Mary and Fred don't work hard!
But this is NOT a simple interview... She is posing just to promote herself and the not danish dresses. You don't see Mathilde or Letizia doing this.

I agree with Xandra: We can say that the photos are great, the dresses are perfect, etc. but this Vogue shoot doesn' benefit in ANYTHING the kingdom of Denmark, imo.

She seems arrogant and superficial, and she is more interest in fame and glory than in work for Denmark.
i agree with u and Xandra....she's a CP for Denmark and she should do something more beneficial for the country that she belongs to NOW...not the country she came from...

i would say that wearing those designer clothes and posing for a magazine seems to me that she wants to be a model rather than a crown princess ...
Old 11-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Maybe Queen Ingrid had this "fast driving" gene from her family and gave it to the Danes
Old 11-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Red face

Quote:
Yes, Chatleen, she told me that!
somehow i dont believe that shes very personal and she was always with fredrick from the beginning
Old 11-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
i would say that wearing those designer clothes and posing for a magazine seems to me that she wants to be a model rather than a crown princess ...
Would you say the same for to all the royals that posed for Vanity Fair?
Old 11-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I agree with bigheadshirmp:
I understand that Mary could pose, if she was a actress/dancer/singer/ soccer wife (like someone said and was very well said).
I don't care if she poses to Vogue, or Vanity Fair, or to Elle. The point is that Mary is still a begginner in this role so she should focus in learn more about Denmark and be concentrated in more important things than try to be known as "The top model princess".
Giving an example, I think she should start to learn that the maxim speed in some roads of Denmark is 90 km/h and not 140 km/h...

But of course I agree that the dresses, specially the black one is beautiful, imo!

Thank you.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I agree with bigheadshirmp:
I understand that Mary could pose, if she was a actress/dancer/singer/ soccer wife (like someone said and was very well said).
I don't care if she poses to Vogue, or Vanity Fair, or to Elle. The point is that Mary is still a begginner in this role so she should focus in learn more about Denmark and be concentrated in more important things than try to be known as "The top model princess".
Giving an example, I think she should start to learn that the maxim speed in some roads of Denmark is 90 km/h and not 140 km/h...

But of course I agree that the dresses, specially the black one is beautiful, imo!

Thank you.
So, Regina is it okay for another CP to pose for a magazine? Is it okay for Mette-Marit or Maxiama to pose for a magazine as they did for a 2003 issue of Vanity Fair? See their pictures below.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=52595
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=52596
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=52597
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=52598

Then, in all fairness, your actress/dancer/singer/ soccer wife edict should also apply to Mette-Marit and Maxima. It should apply to all the the princes and princesses who posed for that issue of Vanity Fair! Should it not?
Old 11-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Mandy, in those pictures they appear with their husbands, we see The Couple together. In Mary's photos we just see her and Fred once.
When Maxima and Mette-Marit did this shoots they were Princesses for 1/1 half year long, and Mary is just princess for 7 months.
Princes William and Harry do this kind of shoots too but the people already know them, they have nothing to proof with this.
Mary Donaldson said in the interview: "I don't really feel I've done so much. All I've done is say yes and love the person that I love." As you see, she is the first in admit that she already has a lot to learn, so first she must study her new country and work hard and then she can pose in Australian Vogue...
Thank you.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Royal Highness

For goodness sake! I don't see the big deal. We all seem to overlook the fact that she most likely had the consent of the Queen.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Vanity Fair is similar in some way, and not in others, they all posed for famous photographers, some in borrowed clothes, other in their own. Non of them gave an interview

And there were alot of royals, most of them with only one picture each.
Victoria, Madeleine, Carl Philip, Charles, William (and he was the coverboy) Harry, Felipe, Albert, Mc and Pavlos, Nikolaos, Frederik, Joachim and Alexandra all had just one photo, for some reason there was two of WA and Maxima one on the indexpage, and 3 of Haakon and MM one on the indexpage. Also there was a large family tree and an article written by Prince Michael I think...

To me that series came of more like a "theese are the young royals of Europe" with some basic facts about them, Vanity Fair is an american magazine and I doubt they heared about most of them.

Maybe it a little unfair and with a little doublemoral, but for me Marys thing came of more like a fashionshoot because
1 Vogue is a fashion magazine
2 The clothes designers are printed viseble on the pictures (in Vanity Fair it was on one of the last pages)
3 Mary talks about fashion in the interview
4 The royal Court said the allowed the photo shoot because Mary was to promote danish designers yet only one out of seven dresses are danish and makes that statment a little unvalid IMO

Personally I dont think the interviw brings any new information, most of it she has said before, in the Politikken interview, the NINKA book or the documentary. Also, and this is not Marys fault, the editor of Vogue said they sweetened the deal with some australian designerclothes, which sounds not very royal in my ears. I see no other purpose with this interview than to say that Mary looks beautiful, she could have used the interview to highlight good causes or good things with Denmark, and if she did not feel ready to do that she could have waited with the interview until she had worked more with different organisations nd such things, anyway just my oppinion
Old 11-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Mandy, in those pictures they appear with their husbands, we see The Couple together. In Mary's photos we just see her and Fred once.
Actually, there are three photos of Mary and Frederik together. There's one of them facing the camera, one of them dancing and facing the camera, and one of them dancing while he is kissing her forhead.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Courtier

do we know exactly what the danish court told them... because mabye we dont
Old 11-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Aristocracy

I think she looks gorgeous. If she were to engage in bi-monthly photo shoots with fashion magazines, then I might get concerned. However, I think the spread is tasteful and elegant, and allows Mary to further boost the profile of Denmark Down Under.

NB: According to the Australian Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade (rather unfortunately known as "DFAT") imports of Danish merchandise have increased 11% from 2003 to 2004.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Royal Highness

It seems to me that because Australian Vogue pressed for the interview right after the engagement announcement in Oct. 2003 that Fred, Mary and the royal family were, in a way, obligated to the shoot and interview. Had they said no, the Aussie press would have probably gotten very upset and not generated so much positive press on Mary prior to and after the wedding.

I read the interview on another site. While it's not thrilling journalism I cannot say that I find anything wrong with it. I think it could have been better and more focused on issues important to the Danish people but then again, Vogue sells fashion not politics...

I do think it would have been nice to have featured Mary wearing more Danish designs (a bit more promotion of the Danish fashion industry wouldn't have hurt!). That would have been a great sign of support.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Some pics of Mary from the Vogue Magazine.
(from GRMB website)

She truly looks very elegant, I hope we get to see her doing engagements soon...
thanks for the pics ^___^ she looks gorgeous in those pics ^___^
Old 11-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Commoner

Those are beautiful photos, Mandy, of CP MM and Haakon and CP W-A and Maxima. Thank you for posting them.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
It seems to me that because Australian Vogue pressed for the interview right after the engagement announcement in Oct. 2003 that Fred, Mary and the royal family were, in a way, obligated to the shoot and interview. Had they said no, the Aussie press would have probably gotten very upset and not generated so much positive press on Mary prior to and after the wedding.

I read the interview on another site. While it's not thrilling journalism I cannot say that I find anything wrong with it. I think it could have been better and more focused on issues important to the Danish people but then again, Vogue sells fashion not politics...

I do think it would have been nice to have featured Mary wearing more Danish designs (a bit more promotion of the Danish fashion industry wouldn't have hurt!). That would have been a great sign of support.
i agree with u...i would say the Australian magazine would have to "book" that appointment with Fred and Mary (or gets the approval with the royal house or something) long time ago b4 they can actually take the pics and stuff....and again....Mary should promote Denmark in everything she do for the press (i mean....that's basically her job)..this is kinda disappointing seeing her wearing designer clothes and posing like a model....

well...i would say Mary has a lot to learn and i think she can learn from her sister-in-law Princess Alexandra who makes an excellent role model!
Old 11-02-2004, 04:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
For Marie Louise: nobody hear is saying that Mary and Fred don't work hard!
But this is NOT a simple interview... She is posing just to promote herself and the not danish dresses. You don't see Mathilde or Letizia doing this...
For Regina: I was reacting to the fact, that someone said just that - go back and read the posts!