The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by krone1
Hi
Please don't hate me for saying this, Im Danish and therefor i do like Mary, one day she will be queen in my country. But now if find she is getting on my nerves a little (why I wonder) do any of you think she might just have addapted this funny kind stuck-up'ness, something that is everything, but classy or sophisticeted, sometimes its just the way she hold here head, wish i could put a finger on it more precisely. And its just not that she might be more Royal, i wonder if its hard for these common girls to keep their feet on the ground, but i think Alexandra did so well. Perhaps it might just be Marys pouting who knows.
I think the article is quite silly. Ladies-in-waiting are highly esteemed ladies with a complete knowledge in royal protocol and they usually have some royal connection to the royal court either through birth or by marriage. Amber Petty, one of Mary's bestfriends satifies none of these qualifications.

Old 09-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Sheba

I respectfully say that if Mary meets the requirements to be crown princess and future queen, well then, certainly her friend meets the requirements to be a Lady-in-waiting. Just an observation.

Much love, Sheba
Old 09-30-2004, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

You mean the court now have to train an aussie lady in waiting just like they train mary to be a princess so mary can have a friend by her side. Silly article of course. By the same token, the court has to move the dark cloud so the aussie sunshine can move in just to satisfy mary.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Being Crown Princess will they let her choose her ladies-in-waiting? hahahaha who chooses them? ^___^
Old 09-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by konan
A few months ago I read an article about Fredrik surprising his new wife Mary to engage her best Australian girlfriend to be her new lady in waiting. This all because Mary was a littlebit homesick and missed her family and friends. To make her more comfortable it is good to have her bestfriend near. Now I wonder if anybody knows if this story is true and if there are pictures of Mary with her bestfriend as a lady in waiting. I'm curious, so let me know.
Would you please provide a link to or cite the article in question. Thank you.

Mandy
Old 10-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Courtier

Well, best friends or family can become an lady-in-waiting.

Sarah was for her sister princess Diana of Wales and Samantha Deane is rumoured to be one for princess Maxima in the future.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_sophietje
Well, best friends or family can become an lady-in-waiting.

Sarah was for her sister princess Diana of Wales and Samantha Deane is rumoured to be one for princess Maxima in the future.
Sarah was already from an aristocratic family and Samantha Deane is now married to a Dutch aristocrat. In both these cases I would imagine they would already fit the bill.

The question now is would they let somebody like Amber Petty, Princess Mette-Marit's friend Linda, etc., who are not royal or noble, be ladies-in-waiting?
Old 10-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Courtier

Ladies in waiting are really just glorified assistants right?

What does Amber Petty do presently in Australia?

As long as she is organized and efficient I don't see why she can't do it.

Or does the Danish royal court think that allowing Mary's friend to be her assistant might be too distracting for Mary? That they will speak in English, further hindering Mary's progress with Danish, and be distracting when accompanying Mary on royal duties? I could see this happening: If you have your friend there with you it is supportive and comforting but it is also distracting, too.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What does Amber Petty do presently in Australia?
I think she´s a MTV host
Old 10-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday crown princess Mary was present at a lunch of pink tribute, an organisation, that fights against breast cancer. Mary has spent her time with 115 women, who have suffered/suffer from this terrible disease.

Credit to Potter from the crown princess Mary board, who has posted this there before.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Yesterday crown princess Mary was present at a lunch of pink tribute, an organisation, that fights against breast cancer. Mary has spent her time with 115 women, who have suffered/suffer from this terrible disease.
picture:
http://pics.jp.metropol.dk/126/126164/126164_large.jpg

Credit to Potter from the crown princess Mary board, who has posted this there before.
Thanks Lena! Mary looks very nice.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Royal Highness

Mary has gallstone removed
October 12, 2004
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...?oneclick=true

Mary Donaldson.

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark underwent surgery to have a gallstone removed, the royal palace said.

The 32-year-old Australian-born crown princess had the operation at the Gentofte County Hospital in northern Copenhagen on Sunday. Crown Prince Frederik, her husband, was by her side during the brief procedure.

"The operation went well," chief physician Bo Jacobsen said in a statement released by the palace, adding she was released a few hours later.

Mary married the 35-year-old heir to Europe's oldest throne in a lavish ceremony in Copenhagen on May 14.

She will recuperate for as long as two weeks at their residence at Fredensborg Palace, north of Copenhagen, Mr Jacobsen added.

In the brief laparoscopic procedure, Mr Jacobsen and his staff operated through small incisions in the abdomen, guided by a tiny camera.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Courtier

Well the gall stone surgery would certainly explain the ultrasound she went in for as well, wouldn't it...I guess people really should wait until the palace says something (including me!) as most of us were getting excited about the prospect of a pregnant Crown Princess Mary. Even though we will all deny it and say we weren't getting our hopes up until the Palace verified the rumors! We all checked back regularly to see if there had been an announcment!

I hope Mary will take the time she needs to properly recover, although it isn't a strenuous surgery, she still should relax!

Get well soon Mary!
Old 10-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Courtier

I don't know what is a gallstone desease... does anybody could tell me what kind of desease is it? Thanks.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Courtier

Lol... everytime we write L T R, the board changes is to TRF! So just remember, everytime you see ultrasound, we're really trying to say u-l-t-rasound .....

galuchandrakirana - BT had a really good article on Mary and her gallstones. Its in Danish though, so if you can read Danish, check out BT's article. If not, then Thor from the CP Mary MB has very kindly translated the article as well (not advertising or anything, but its there). Or just google it - there should be stuff about gallstones online.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

The surgeon who operated on Mary said that they wouldn't perform such an operation early in a pregnancy, and in this specific case there was an actual negative pregnancy test before they did it. (This is from Aftenposten, who had it from BT.)

I guess that makes sense.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:55 PM
aninhas

I really hope the best for Princess Mary. A friend of mine did the same and it is a very easy surgery.

Please, does any one knows what Cosmetics brands are used by Royals?? I knew that Grac Kelly used Estee lauder, but I don't know what Mary, Maxima, etc uses. Do you know something about that??

Thank you!!
Old 10-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
The surgeon who operated on Mary said that they wouldn't perform such an operation early in a pregnancy, and in this specific case there was an actual negative pregnancy test before they did it. (This is from Aftenposten, who had it from BT.)

I guess that makes sense.
They might not operate in the first trimester, but if the tabloids have it right and she's due in March, that would make conception right around June and she'd be in her fourth month or second trimester now. It might be a bit safer then, but we still don't know if she really is pregnant :p but I'm hoping!
Old 10-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

As the surgeon said it was a negative pregnancy test, before they operated, I'm going to assume she wasn't pregnant.

At least until I hear otherwise. I've read that the amount of drugs, could be very harmful to the baby, so I would assume that they were certain before they did it.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krone1
Hi
Please don't hate me for saying this, Im Danish and therefor i do like Mary, one day she will be queen in my country. But now if find she is getting on my nerves a little (why I wonder) do any of you think she might just have addapted this funny kind stuck-up'ness, something that is everything, but classy or sophisticeted, sometimes its just the way she hold here head, wish i could put a finger on it more precisely. And its just not that she might be more Royal, i wonder if its hard for these common girls to keep their feet on the ground, but i think Alexandra did so well. Perhaps it might just be Marys pouting who knows.
Well, Mary was not a royal beforehand, so if she is brushing up a lot after marriage such as braces, I suppose it is understood. Mary has a different personality than Alex-Alex knows how to behave much better than Mary-mary`s attitude is much more Neuvo than Alex.

Closed Thread