The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Royal Highness

Unhappy

I can't get the video to play

Old 09-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Courtier

This is one of those times when I wish I spoke Danish! I had to guess my way into signing up for the video on demand to see the clip!

Old 09-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Doesn't her hat kinda remind you of the one Princess Alexandra wore lately. Love both hats....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	manely-5.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	43135  
Old 09-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Royal Highness

Talking

I can't believe I figured out how to register on the site!!
Old 09-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Gentry

how do you register to hear princess mary?

she is lovely
Old 09-29-2004, 03:30 AM
Aristocracy

We'll have to register later today! But when we do, we can tell you what she says :) And maybe also how to register!
Old 09-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

More photos

Whose amazing work you can see here:

Yann Arthus-Bertrand

The smiling Crown Princess and her lady-in-waiting:)
Old 09-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the pictures Alisa! Mary looks lovely. I have to say it again, I like that hat.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Commoner

Hi
Her danish speaking was good 7 out of 10 I think.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Could someone please tell me how to register on that site?
It doesnt help that I dont know a word of Danish :(
Old 09-29-2004, 10:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
..and people say she she doesn't smile! Why look at that glorious smile!
Old 09-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Could someone please tell me how to register on that site?
It doesnt help that I dont know a word of Danish :(
Go on the site on "Mary åbner hesteudstilling" then a windows-player-window will pop up (maybe you´ve to upgrade your player before) then click on the right side (under the login-fields) on "Få et TV 2 Login" then fields to fill in will appear...in the first one you´ve to write your nick (e.g. "Humera") and then you´ve to type in a password and your e-mail-adress (easy to figure out, since the words in danish are almost identical)... then press "enter" and then go to your E-mail-account...there you´ve a registration-code...copy it and paste it into the window (of TV2), which has popped up after you´ve pressed enter or just click on the link in the mail.
I hope it works now for you.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:24 AM
Commoner

Hi
Please don't hate me for saying this, Im Danish and therefor i do like Mary, one day she will be queen in my country. But now if find she is getting on my nerves a little (why I wonder) do any of you think she might just have addapted this funny kind stuck-up'ness, something that is everything, but classy or sophisticeted, sometimes its just the way she hold here head, wish i could put a finger on it more precisely. And its just not that she might be more Royal, i wonder if its hard for these common girls to keep their feet on the ground, but i think Alexandra did so well. Perhaps it might just be Marys pouting who knows.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Courtier

I was visiting the Crown Princess Mary Message Board and a poster there said that she thinks Mary has clear braces. I think that is correct. Do you?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/a1bb7f0c.jpg
Old 09-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude
I was visiting the Crown Princess Mary Message Board and a poster there said that she thinks Mary has clear braces. I think that is correct. Do you?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/a1bb7f0c.jpg
Hm, the poster could be right. But maybe it´s just the quality of the photo or the structure of Mary´s teeth. And usually a woman of her age and her social standard would have left behind the "brace-phase" long before (?) In her new position...wouldn´t she rather wear braces for the night only. (but maybe this would influence the making-the-heir-plans )
Old 09-30-2004, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

in regards to crone1's last post...yeah i've heard about Mary's "stuck-upness" many times now...maybe she does hold her head too high, maybe she does look proud and maybe she does all this because she is proud to be the Crown Princess of Denmark...of course this is just my opinion ^___^ but i think as she is new to her princess job she percieves this to be the right thing to do...hm...alot of people have compared Mary to Alexandra while i really do admire Alexandra i think it is vastly unfair to compare Mary to some one who has 9 years of experience in being a princess...from my point of view Mary is adapting fine and better than most people would... ^_____________^
Old 09-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Royal Highness

Sorry to ask but some1 have a full pic from this dress?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=43362

Is so very few pics from this event........................
Old 09-30-2004, 11:39 AM
Gentry

Lady in waiting

A few months ago I read an article about Fredrik surprising his new wife Mary to engage her best Australian girlfriend to be her new lady in waiting. This all because Mary was a littlebit homesick and missed her family and friends. To make her more comfortable it is good to have her bestfriend near. Now I wonder if anybody knows if this story is true and if there are pictures of Mary with her bestfriend as a lady in waiting. I'm curious, so let me know.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:52 AM
Commoner

I really don't think she got braces at this point in time, sure she would have done that when she was doing all the other work (thoes classes to carry herself better) on herself before she came to Denmark. I think its just the picture.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Well, I thought Mary's best friend or at least a good friend is Amber Petty. As far as I know Mary's lady-in-waiting is a woman in her 50's I imagine. I don't remember her name.