The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 05:15 AM
Courtier

from http://news.com.au

Mary not pregnant, says Danish queen
By Vanda Carson
August 12, 2004

ON the eve of Crown Princess Mary's arrival in Athens to cheer on the Danish Olympic team, her mother-in-law has flatly denied the former Australian is pregnant.

Queen Margrethe implored the media to give the law graduate and former Sydney real estate agent some "room to breathe".

"Crown Princess Mary is not pregnant," she said outside the royal holiday chateau in France yesterday.

Observers in Denmark and Australia have been on the look-out for a tell-tale bump since Tasmanian-born Mary Donaldson married Crown Prince Frederik in May.

In Copenhagen every billowing skirt or perceived bulge has become fodder for excited headlines. The excitement has spread to Australia, with gossip magazines speculating that the 32-year-old's dramatic weight loss has affected her ability to conceive.

Another magazine has blamed a "bitter rivalry" with her sister-in-law, Princess Alexandra, for inflaming tensions in the world's oldest monarchy.

Queen Margrethe told the briefing that Mary was "a lovely person" of whom she was "very proud", but the media needed to allow the couple time to relax after their hectic wedding.

"The most important thing is that the young couple is left in peace. We are not sitting on the edge of our chairs (waiting for a baby)," she said.

Prince Frederik's father, Prince Henrik, said that when the time came, Mary and Frederik would announce the impending birth themselves. "It is for the young couple to announce."

Princess Mary has not spoken about her plans for a family since she gave an extensive interview to a Danish newspaper before the wedding.

"We both see ourselves with children," she told Danish newspaper Politiken.

"I don't know how many, but I hope we will get a chance to have as many as we want."

The princess is due to arrive today in Athens, where she will attend the opening and closing ceremonies and take in several equestrian and sailing events.

The couple are expected to take a short break in the middle of the Games, before returning for the closing ceremony on August 29.

The couple first met during the Sydney Olympics at city watering hole the Slip Inn.

The Australian

Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 08-13-2004, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Another magazine has blamed a "bitter rivalry" with her sister-in-law, Princess Alexandra, for inflaming tensions in the world's oldest monarchy.

Regrading that statement on their bitter rivalry, some people really love to see the Crown Princess and Princess Alexandra in trouble. Can't they mind their own businesses. Well I think that is their business. All we can do is not to mind them for we all know that Crown Princess Mary is in fine relation with Princess Alexandra. And both them make the DRF more popular and at the same time they do a lot of things for their country which is a very nice thing.

Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 08-13-2004, 05:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
Which magazine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
Regrading that statement on their bitter rivalry, some people really love to see the Crown Princess and Princess Alexandra in trouble. Can't they mind their own businesses. Well I think that is their business. All we can do is not to mind them for we all know that Crown Princess Mary is in fine relation with Princess Alexandra. And both them make the DRF more popular and at the same time they do a lot of things for their country which is a very nice thing.
I can only second that. I really like each Princess - each has their own personality and style of being a Princess. I appreciate that :)
Old 08-13-2004, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatleen
Which magazine?
That would be the "Woman's Day" magazine. It's a Woman's gossip magazine (Australia's version of tabloids) and you really read it with a grain of salt. It's not the most reliable source of information for anything.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylove
That would be the "Woman's Day" magazine. It's a Woman's gossip magazine (Australia's version of tabloids) and you really read it with a grain of salt. It's not the most reliable source of information for anything.
No, I've heard that magazine mentioned before Thanks for telling me the "source" :)
Old 08-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Courtier

She looks nice in that last photo.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:26 AM
Courtier

Talking

She's definitely the Style Queen in my book! It's not just her stunning looks, but her carriage and style, the way she presents herself. I'm sure any designer would kill for her to wear his/her fashions. She can make nearly any outfit look exquisite.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Courtier

thanks for translate

Thanks for your help UserDane . I'd like to know more about CP Mary but most of news I found about her are in Danish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane
Hi,

Here's a translation:

Mary at fashion fair

Crown princess Mary visited the fashion fair at the Bella Center, Frederik's career about to move on, Henrik's career as a private architect progressing, Nathalie's career sportswise not going so well, king Sihanouk of Cambodia about to give up his royal career for political ambitions while queen Sonja and prince Charles are enjoying hours of leisure - in more or less comfortable ways.

Crown princess Mary is very interested in fashion. To such an extent that she expressed a wish of paying a visit at Bella Center. Which she did together with Frederik.
Mary was not there for an official opening of the fashion week, but went to get information about the industry. Last year princess Alexandra was there. The fashion industry are pleased by having two princesses with knowledge of and interest in fashion.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:21 PM
Royal Highness

Everyone has their own opinions..Different folks different strokes:P

I agree Samitude, she does look quite nice in that last photo:)
Old 08-15-2004, 03:15 AM
Gentry

i must say, being royal and a crown princess at that, really changed her style. She was ok before, casual, but now she is so well put together and her weight loss certainly made her look much much better too!
denmark has a beautiful crown princess and also has a beautiful princess alex.
both very pretty!
Old 08-15-2004, 08:56 AM
Courtier

Hear hear ingenue!! Both are a gift to Denmark (Alex because of all the work she has done, and Mary - being still new at this - because she's the Danish Crown Prince's choice (and other attributes but some people seem to find listing Mary's attributes offensive and I'm in no mood to read negative one-liners) :)
Old 08-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Royal Highness

Rubbish! Nothing but Rubbish! Insane. They need to leave both Mary and Alexandra alone!
Old 08-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Commoner

I am sorry ..but who is mary anyway :o ...I am new to this forum...I did not know that denmark was a monarchy....I only know spain and britain as monarchy....And out of the scandinvian countries, sweden is more known to me because of their strong car VOLVO
Old 08-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Royal Highness

Please see my reply on the other post.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by matesha
I am sorry ..but who is mary anyway :o ...I am new to this forum...I did not know that denmark was a monarchy....I only know spain and britain as monarchy....And out of the scandinvian countries, sweden is more known to me because of their strong car VOLVO
Mary is the Crown Princess of Denmark. She was an Australian citizen who met Crown Prince Frederik at the 2000 Sydney Olympics. The couple married on 14 May 2004.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate14
"With all due respect to all opinions and all posters--isn't this chin thing getting a bit silly" - Lucys, I agree

I see another poster started a poll about her Chin
Ok people don't you just think you are like running way pass the line of obsession? How high her chin is? So what...she is a confident person, she has pride in who she is.... what's wrong with that? O__O Golly the extremes people go to MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's sooo mental ^__^ hahahahahaha
Old 08-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Royal Highness

I think that the Princess is extremly striking. Extremly poised, and amazingly graceful. As for the "chin up thingy" well, I don't find Mary being any different that any of the other Princess' with the exception of Letizia, who seems to have it higher!
Old 08-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Commoner

I have been away, so my reply to this thread is somewhat delayed, however, I have noticed that many magazines in Australia seem to want to routinely have a new 'story' about Mary and her new Royal Life. It seems she features regularily in different magazines, not usually much of a story at all, but a new pic or two, usually singing her praises and how much she is loved by the Danish people.

Its all news. And it sells. Unfortunately, it doesnt have to be the absolute TRUTH to sell these articles, but her new face in the limelight seems to do the job well!

I agree, its pretty awful to make these ideas up that the two Royal sister in laws have issues, and God knows where that comes from, ( minus the few pics where they arent smiling at each other lol )

Its pretty trashy journalism, and hopefully soon they will stop publishing articles based on this topic.
At least Alexandra and Mary have the diplomacy these stupid articles sincerely lack!
Old 08-21-2004, 04:23 AM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel S.
Well look what I found, a pic of Mary & Alex obviously enjoying eachother's company.
http://www.colourpress.com/gfx/texta...UR10037162.jpg

Woww..;this kind of foto I'd been expecting to see...I think the Royal house should release more foto which shows all the monarch's family together especially in non-formal situation,then all those cheap gossip will stop.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Well what can i say about the Australian Woman's Day Magazine except that is must be the most absurd magazine to be roaming Australia [i'm Australian so don't think i'm some foreigner making rasict slurs :P ] the magazine over dramatizes stories into crazy proportions and 99% of the time the stories aren't very significant. It has like 5 pages dedicated to these 'stories' and then 10 pages on how to lose weight followed by like 20 pages of the latest recipe [ironic with all the wight loss tip don't u think?] and then 20 pages of advertisement...not a real mag to really take serious eh?