Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 10: September 2010 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 10 of the thread for the current events of Crown Princess Mary!

You can find the old thread here:

** http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ents-9-march-2008-september-2010-a-16278.html http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-18-november-2008-september-2010-a-19134.html **
Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Mary at the conference at DGI-Byen, September 30:

Here's the ppe gallery!

Last edited:
Ohhhh she looks amazing! Beautiful asian-inspired kimono-top!

Crown Princess Mary's recent event (October 8, 2010) has been moved to the
Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Danish Stroke Association
thread

October 25
HRH Crown Princess participates in opening of the Nordic Council of Ministers' conference "KreaNord" about creative industries in the Nordic countries on the Stock Exchange in Copenhagen at 08:45am

Mary's speech from the event
Read it here

Crown Princess Mary participates in opening of the Nordic Council of Ministers' conference "KreaNord" about creative industries in the Nordic countries on the Stock Exchange in Copenhagen. October 25, 2010

Pic 1 * Pic 2 * Pic 3 * Pic 4

Last edited:
From Jyllands Posten: Prismodtager brændte Mary og Rønn af

Mary handed out the Integration Prizes of the year to people and organisations who has been instrumental in helping with integration in Denmark.

One of the recipients, Nahid Yazdanyar, refused to attend and to accept the prize as a protest against the government's integration policy.
She was very honored to be recommended for the prize, but she would not accept it.
Instead Zaki Omar, who is seen in the picture with Mary, recieved the prize on his own and Nahd Tazdanyar's behalf.
No explanation was given to the audience.

In the box are the names of the recipients.

As this is a political matter, it does not involve Mary, but the Minister for Integration Birthe Rønn Hornbech. Mary is basically only mentioned en passant.

From Jyllands Posten: Prismodtager brændte Mary og Rønn af

Mary handed out the Integration Prizes of the year to people and organisations who has been instrumental in helping with integration in Denmark.

One of the recipients, Nahid Yazdanyar, refused to attend and to accept the prize as a protest against the government's integration policy.
She was very honored to be recommended for the prize, but she would not accept it.
Instead Zaki Omar, who is seen in the picture with Mary, recieved the prize on his own and Nahd Tazdanyar's behalf.
No explanation was given to the audience.

In the box are the names of the recipients.

As this is a political matter, it does not involve Mary, but the Minister for Integration Birthe Rønn Hornbech. Mary is basically only mentioned en passant.

Very interesting. As far as I know Denmark has very strict regulations regarding immigrants. Very brave from that lady not to accept the price and a good statement. Sometimes I regret that royals can't comment on issues like this. I would like to know the opinion of Princess Mary. She is an immigrant herself, of course a privileged one. But still, it would be interesting to know how she perceives the Danish laws on immigration and integration.

Last edited:

Interesting to hear, Muhler, thanks for sharing! And I agree with you Naggi,
would have been interesting to get a comment on that of Mary. But it's
of course a sensitive topic.

Here are some additions:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Mary looked great, loved her hair style.
How many winners were there?

Mary's comment would be interesting to know but sometimes its good not to get involved in the politics since every word you say will be held against you in a good or bad way.

Mary is wise to stay well clear of politics.

Anyway, here is a gallery and four clips from Fyens Stiftstidende Mary til sprogundervisning i Odense - fyens.dk - Odense

Mary visited the langage centre there, under Danish Refugee Council. Here refugees are taught Danish and about the Danish society.

150 people from a lot a nationalities were standing to meet the now visibly pretty heavily pregnant Crown Princess when she arrived at 11.00.
Among them the mandatory flowergirl, in the shape of eight year old Berfin Khalo. Mary also got a rose from three year old Aslak.
Mary and her LiW, Tanjo Doky, followed the Danish lessons at the centre from 11.00-13.00.

Kronprinsessen i Lærdansk-quiz - fyens.dk - Odense
That the lessons are not on the: See, a cow. See, a bird -level, was something Mary learned first hand when she was teamed up with Sandra. They got the task of explaining the word: Sundhedskampagne = Healthcare campaign. Oookay!

It is perhaps not a surprise that a considerable number of those who follow Mary and her family vividly, are to be found among the immigrants and refugees.

ADDED:
A link to a BB article about Mary's visit: http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2010/11/Kronprinsesse%20Mary%20paa%20skolebaenken.aspx With a gallery of a visibly quite pregnant Mary.

I love the red on Mary, suits her well IMO. Love coat style as well.

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

A nice initiative.

This is a project aimed at occupying mentally handicapped. In this case they will serve as a kind of foresters assistents in Boserup Forest near the town of Roskilde.
Mary personally handed out a number of name tags to the new and proud assistents.
Among them Walther Christensen, who had never met Mary before, even though he follow her in the magazines. He incidentally grilled a sausage for her over a fire. He works in or in connection with the forest four days a week. (*)

Also present at this event was the mayor of Roskilde and Minister for Environment, Karen Ellemann.

The article offer no explanation for the presence of the many children.

(*) There are many such projects for mentally handicapped in DK. I've worked in connection with one such project myself some twenty years ago. They are of course paid a decent salary. In some cases they live in a sort of commune in connection with the project they are attached.
They are in every respect wonderful co-workers. :lol: And certainly not without a good deal of humour.
One, a really nice guy, was in charge of cleaning some toilets. And he took his time doing that... Anyway, at some point a man, a tourist complained to him loudly (while I was hiding behind a shed and enjoyed the scene). Our guy simply stared at the tourist with the most idiotic expression imaginable on his face, until the tourist turned on his heels and stormed away. After which our guy quietly resumed his work as if nothing had happened.
I've also had the pleasure of riding on a bus on the way to my work, with other mentally handicapped, who were also on their way to work or a project. They have a lot of common sense and it was always a positive experience. :) - I sometimes wonder if we lock up the wrong people in the nut-houses....

Today, November 8, Crown Princess Mary attended the inauguration of
a forest help project in Boserup Forest, Roskilde.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** sn.dk: Mary udnævnte skovhjælpere ** gallery **

Princess Mary attended the opening of the forest help project in Boserup Forest, Roskilde.
November 08, 2010

PPE Agency

Thanks for your additions, Muhler! :flowers: As the children were local schoolchildren,
I had thought that it's maybe planned to have guided tours for (school)children
with the new nature guides and therefore some have already been invited,
but that's just a guess..

Here's another article with a few pics:

** bt.dk: Gravid Mary på royal skovtur **

You are right, the BT article confirms what you are saying.

Thanks for your additions, Muhler! :flowers: As the children were local schoolchildren,
I had thought that it's maybe planned to have guided tours for (school)children
with the new nature guides and therefore some have already been invited,
but that's just a guess..

Here's another article with a few pics:

** bt.dk: Gravid Mary på royal skovtur **

Here is another video by DR with a little interview withe Mary.

Forside - dr.dk/Regioner/Sjælland
It would be great some kind of translation.

Thank you, Paty :flowers:

Mary may have said too much this time. :lol:

Notice at 01.15!!

Towards the end of the video Mary was asked whether she is going to be a queen this year. She replied: "No, I'm going to be a mother this year.". Then it all turned into a lot of general happy chatting.

She confirmed that Frederik is looking forward to to the twins.
The last part was basically a lot of very leading questions from the forest-helpers.

That's all I have time for right now.
I may translate more later.

ADDED: Here are a number of the things Mary said. First the standard rap as to be expected when a royal is asked about a project she is attending and wish to put focus on. In the second half she is bombarded with a lot of questions and remarks. The forest-helpers certainly follow her and her family!
Q: What does she think of the project?
M: "I think it's an (*) really good project which has had some very good results. Which is an advantage for both the forest and for those who use the forest and also for those who forest-helpers who contribute with some really good effort in making the forest look better and help tidying up and they get a job that is valuable (meaningful) and they thrive as a result of that. And they love is as far I understand. (00:37) They love being out in the nature and get different tasks and meet different people all the time". Mary is then asked whether there should be more such projects. She just goes on with saying that this is the tenth such project that has been initiated and it would be lovely too see such projects all over the country.

Turning away at 01:05, she as approached by a woman who informs Mary that there has been a question about whether Mary will become queen this year and that she (woman) has said no.
Mary said: "No, I'm going to be a mother of twins this year". A lot of cheering!
The forest helper to her right asks: "Will it be two girls or two boys". (01:25) Mary teasingly replies: "That remains to be seen. I won't te-ell".

Amidts the general chatter, she points out that she may require two arms and that they (the midwives I believe) say that they (the twins) often come early.

At 02:10 she is asked: "How about Frederik will he be happy to have two more"? Mary replies: "Yes. He is very excited. We all are. We look incredibly much forward to it". Then she is encouraged to take him out here in the forest. And Mary explains that he would probably very much like to see the the work they have done and that he may come at some point.

(*) She made a similar and very typical grammatical error here and she has a few problems with the endings of some of the words.

A wonderful clip, isn't it? You simply can't help getting in a better mood. :)

ADDED: Brief summary of article in Billed Bladet #45, 2010.
De har det godt derinde - They are well in there.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Along with the CP-chief of court, Christian Schønau, Mary went to Boserup Forest, near Roskilde. Here she appointed eleven new forest-helpers, all in the 30's. The forest helpers, three women and eight men, are a part of a new project for mentally handicapped. Here in the forest they will help tidying up, assist the regular forresters, act as guides, keep an eye on camp fires when children are visiting and so on. Except of course use heavy or dangerous machinery.
While a kindergarten and children from a local SFO (*) looked on, Mary handed out nametags to each of the new forest-helpers as a sign of their new official status. When one of them got his/her tag, the others cheered loudly.
This is now the tenth such project in DK. (**) With Mary were also Minister of Evironment, Karen Ellemann and mayor of Roskilde, Poul Lindor.
One of the who is seen close to Mary in many of the photos, was eight year old Claudia. I mention her, because she was looking so serious in all the pics and clips.

(*) Skolefritidsordning = Where children can stay after school until the wish to go home or until their parents come home. My youngest is a member of a SFO.

(**) With forest-helpers I presume, because there are lots of similar protected jobs all over DK.

Last edited:
Here is another video by DR with a little interview withe Mary.

Forside - dr.dk/Regioner/Sjælland
It would be great some kind of translation.

What a lovely little clip and again thank you for the translation.
Mary seems very at ease and chats very freely which is nice to see especially as some say she comes across as cold or stand offish in still photos.

Slightly off topic now, but I would love to be able to speak a 2nd language with the ease Mary does. I'm in the process of trying to learn German as my husband's family speak it fluently. It's v frustrating to hear your name mentioned in conversations and not know what is being said about you!!

Thank you, Paty :flowers:

Mary may have said too much this time. :lol:

Notice at 01.15!!

(....)

She always looks so at ease when talking to people. She seems to try and draw them out to speak with her. I love her with the children. Always that little extra attention for them. She is just lovely. Thank you again Muhler:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lizy, I know what you mean - it's not only frustrating but it also makes paranoia when you don't know language and can only understand your name;).

But back to topic - it was yes very nice to see Mary talking so easily like she had known those people for years. I wish to be able to communicate so easily too. Surely there have been many personal help about good communication skills but surely Mary isn't person who is shy or unsecure (at least not from outside). And that helps her definitely very much!

Turning away at 01:05, she as approached by a woman who informs Mary that there has been a question about whether Mary will become queen this year and that she (woman) has said no.
Mary said: "No, I'm going to be a mother of twins this year". A lot of cheering!
Thanks so much Muhler! Ah ha!!!:lol::ROFLMAO:Mary let the cat out of the bag! So the twins will be born this year as we all suspected and not in January as the official statement said. We shouldn't be surprised I supposed! Her children have been born in the months before the official dates which were given in the press releases of her previous pregnancies! So the twins will be December babies!:):flowers: Now we have to wait and see if the twins will be born in early December, around Christmas Day or more towards New Year's Eve (end of December).

I don't speak Danish, but I think Mary has done well in learning the Danish language although I realize she still makes errors. I learned German in high school and I can still read a little bit here and there, I regret that I let it lapse.:bang:

Well she could have one baby December 31st, 2010, and the other baby January 1st, 2011................now that would be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom