Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 10: September 2010 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Mary is just getting more and more beautiful..more so after the birth of the twins..she's glowing,very confident and takes the role as the future Queen of the Danes very seriously,bravo!:flowers:

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark at the opening of the European Disability Convention on Monday, 5 March 2012 at the Hotel Scandic in Copenhagen, Denmark. At the conference, authorities, user organizations and professionals are to discuss the possibility of a more accessible Europe.

Picture

:previous:

Here's a nice gallery of pics of Crown Princess Mary at the opening of the conference today:

** bt.dk: Se billederne: Mary til handicapkonference **

And some more additions :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** pp gallery: La princesse Mary, atout charme de l'Europe face au handicap **

** svenskdam.se: Kronprinsessan Mary på handikapp-kongress ** translation **

** svenskdam.se: Perfect Mary ** (scroll down, the first pics are from the other event she attended yesterday)

** kongehuset.dk gallery: Kronprinsessen åbner Europæisk Handicapkongres **

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the gallery! :flowers:
So, not a dress but a blouse.

I do love the first picture in the gallery, it's so nice to see all those happy faces! Mary certainly brightened someone's day. :)

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #10, 2012.
Vi skal hjælpe hinanden - We must help eachother.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Mary was one of the speakers at the European Handicap Congress in Copenhagen this Monday.
The chairman of the European Handicap Forum is Yannis Yardakastanis. He is blind and as such the notes to his speech were written in braille.
The first deaf member of the European Parliament, Adam Kosa, was also a speaker. He used sign language, when he gave his speech.

As you can tell from the pictures above, Mary was welcomed by young people who are suffering from various handicaps. (The caption and the text is a mess, so I can't figure out who is who).

Mary was introduced to CanConnect, a simplified, and thus handicap friendly, version of Skype. It was student helper Otto Enghoff, who explained it to Mary. And he admitted somewhat falbbergatsed afterwards that in the middle of it all he caught himself using informal you to Mary. When it dawned on him that it was the Crown Princess he was talking to.

The Central Handicap Council's new office building is currently under construction in Høje Taastrup west of Copenhagen. That building which will house 20 handicap organisations will be the most handicap friendly building in the world when it's inargurated on 12. December. Mary will hopefully be present.

Mary's earrings were from JEWLSCP.

I love the idea of accessible version of Skype. I have a visual impairment, and sometimes it's hard to use certain programs because they have too many graphics and are very cluttered (same thing with certain web sites). I have friends who use JAWS (speech software which makes the computer read what's on the screen), and they really have a hard time using things like Skype and some applications on facebook. It's great that Mary is supporting this cause. The more awareness about different exceptionalities, the better the world will be (and hopefully people won't be so fearful of approaching a person who is a little bit different).

Last edited by a moderator:

Today, March 14, Crown Princess Mary officially opened the conference "Combating Antimicrobial Resistance
– Time for Joint Action" at the Bella Center in Copenhagen. The 2-day conference gathers 300 European
scientists and officials who present the most recent developments in the field of antimicrobial resistance
and discuss solutions to this most pressing situation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

I love the idea of accessible version of Skype. I have a visual impairment, and sometimes it's hard to use certain programs because they have too many graphics and are very cluttered (same thing with certain web sites). I have friends who use JAWS (speech software which makes the computer read what's on the screen), and they really have a hard time using things like Skype and some applications on facebook. It's great that Mary is supporting this cause. The more awareness about different exceptionalities, the better the world will be (and hopefully people won't be so fearful of approaching a person who is a little bit different).

Perhaps the person who is a little bit different should consider the feelings of those who want to help. Just recently, during a visit from Aust in Paris, I was made to feel unwelcomed by someone who had a hearing loss. I attempted to use my Auslan skills to help them get their message across but was told, rather unkindly, that my help was not required. I really feel that it's a two way street and I will not be offering my assistance again. :sad:

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

This meeting became very dramatic. Billed-Bladet - Marys sikkerhedsvagt udløste stor-alarm hos politiet

While Mary was at the meeting. Outside the public glare. One of the PET officers present unknowingly triggered the alarm. From the police headquarters they tried to contact the officer but in vain and as such a large police force was directed to the Bella Centre.
The area was sealed off and the entrances covered by police.

By then the police learned that it was all a mistake. A technical glitch.

ADDED: Have tried to find more on this story elsewhere. So far no luck. - But then again the papers rarely write anything at all about the security around the DRF, not even about the firealarm when William and Kate visited some months ago. That was only mentioned in BB and in one other media.

Today, March 14, Crown Princess Mary officially opened the conference "Combating Antimicrobial Resistance
– Time for Joint Action" at the Bella Center in Copenhagen. The 2-day conference gathers 300 European
scientists and officials who present the most recent developments in the field of antimicrobial resistance
and discuss solutions to this most pressing situation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

Last edited:

Crown Princess Mary attended a dinner in connection with the 50-year anniversary of DANIDA
(the Danish International Development Agency) at Eigtveds Pakhus yesterday, March 15, 2012.

** ppe gallery **

Today, March 16, Mary opened an exhibition and attended the conference "Development Policy in
a Changing World" at the Bella Center in Copenhagen also on the occasion of that anniversary.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** sn.dk gallery **

** sn.dk article: Mary fejrede Danida ** translation **

** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** purepeople mixed gallery : La princesse Mary, splendide et pas 'desperate'.. **

And Mary has received Dr. Babatunde Osotimehin, Executive Director of UNFPA, the United
Nations Population Fund, for a meeting in Amalienborg.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** kongehuset.dk: Kronprinsessen modtager FN's Under Secretary General **

Last edited:
Royals have a strange working life I think. Sometimes they don't have any outside events for a week to ten days or so and then they have several over the next week. So when we don't see them for a week or so they must be getting ready for the events they do have. Just a musing I have. I would like to see more from the Danida dinner.

Mary looks young in a lot of these pictures! I thought she and Frederik, (understandably), both looked completely worn out during most of the twins' first year. It's good to see her looking brighter!

agami.pearl said:
I'm sure that tights would help. And would make outfit more elegant.

What makes you think that she didn't wear tights? Sheer ones are hard to see :)

Mary rarely wear tights, especially sheer one. Sometimes she wears dark, opaque and has a tendency to match them with lighter shoes.

agami.pearl said:
Mary rarely wear tights, especially sheer one. Sometimes she wears dark, opaque and has a tendency to match them with lighter shoes.

Huh? I have some closeups of her shoes and in all of them you can see sheer pantyhose.

I don't analyze Mary's legs so closely so you might be right. I lean on previous Mary's outings without tights even when weather was bad.

agami.pearl said:
I don't analyze Mary's legs so closely so you might be right. I lean on previous Mary's outings without tights even when weather was bad.

I don't analyze anyones legs, I just like to have a close at beautifull shoes :D

Fashion discussions should be continued at Crown Princess Mary's fashion thread - thanks! :flowers:

Last edited:
Thank you Iceflower for these photographs. Princess Mary looks lovely as always.

Yes thanks for all these pictures. It looked like it was a great day in Kolding. Mary looks really happy, she shines!

And the weather here in Denmark is also wonderful in these days :cool:

That movie shows every sign of being a block buster.
There are some heavy capacity actors in the main roles.

It has however been critizised by some historians for being too shallow and also for using contemporary language.
Okay, what can you expect from a movie, covering a pretty important and complicated subject in Danish history. Not to mention a scandalous love story.
And who can blame them for trying to reach a wider audience by using contemporary language.

The story about Struense and his reforms is endlessly fascinating in the sense that he was a workaholic and an idealist. Most of his reforms were implemented, even after he was removed from power. Reforms Denmark badly needed.
But as always you should try reverse things. From the nobility, the class of civil servants, the rest of the DRF and not least the State Council. Even the peasantry! - Who is this upstart who has usurped dictatorial powers? What is he doing?!? "Reforms, okay, fine. But hey, hey, hey, cool it! We want some influence too". - Struense was politically speaking a loose cannon, so he was inevitably stopped. At the cost of his head.

It must be interesting and I believe a little bit surreal too for Mary to watch a historical movie about the family she has married into and then go home to discuss it with her mother-in-law, who no doubt know all the details by heart.
At least she can't be sensing Struense's "ghost" so to speak, because the old Christiansborg where most of the events back then took place has burned down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom