The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Crown Princess Mary attended the inauguration of an international high school
programme at the Langkr Gymnasium, Tilst, September 7, 2011.

** Pic ** stiften.dk: Mary: Gid det var mig ** translation ** ppe gallery **

Old 09-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Princess Mary attended the inauguration of an international high school
programme at the Langkr Gymnasium, Tilst, September 7, 2011.

** Pic ** stiften.dk: Mary: Gid det var mig ** translation ** ppe gallery **
Thanks for the article and pictures.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

and here is a video from the event
TV 2 | STJYLLAND
Old 09-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the video link, Dazz , and you are most welcome, Daria_S!

Here's a nice additional gallery from yesterday:

** sn.dk gallery **

And one with large pictures from stiften.dk!

** stiften.dk gallery **

** danapress/belga gallery ** BB article ** translation **
Old 09-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Courtier

Who was her LIW at this event..? I don't see Tanja or Caroline in any of the pics...

Nevermind I see Tanja in one of the pics sitting directly behind Mary, not beside as she usually does...Crisis averted, life will go on
Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Thanks for the video link, Dazz , and you are most welcome, Daria_S!

Here's a nice additional gallery from yesterday:

** sn.dk gallery **
I love the criss cross top she has on under the jacket... Though its looked like it was raining. I wonder why she did'nt have an umbrella...
Old 09-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2011.
Modtaget med Jubel - Recieved with cheers.
Written by Ken Richter.

Sporting a new hairstyle Mary visited Langkr Gymnasium (*) (high School) in Aarhus (**) recently. Upon entering the hall of the high school, Mary was recieved enthusiastically with applaus, cheering and whistling, visibly pleasing her.
Here a new international line has been started. In DK high schools, there are two lines: a mathamatical or language line. - Now also an international. All teaching is done in English, thus enabling the graduates to better apply for studying at international universities.
So far 50 students (two or three classes) attend the international line.
Mary said: "I'd wish such an offer existed when I went to school. With the education you have the opportunity to become global citizens. It takes hard work but it also prepares you for the next step in life".

(*) Langkr Gymnasium is located in western Aarhus, in a immigrant heavy part of the city. As such a large percentage of the students are second generation immigrants, in particular girls. Surprisingly, or perhaps not, the DRF is popular among immigrants, even among newly arrivals.
Usually pupils leave school after graduating from ninth grade and enter a gymnasium = high school. They will study there for three years and if and when they graduate, they are students. Many then move on to a university or a similar highter education.
However, a large percentage of those who attend high school, really shouldn't. they are immature, don't have the abillities or simply do not work hard enough and for them it ends up being, not three years wasted, schooling is never a waste, but with so low grades, they can hardly use their title as student for anything.
There are so many in that catagory in fact that you can feed the pigs with them (idiom). It's a pity, but there is unfortunately also a degree of snobbery involved and children being told they are more brilliant than they really are.
Example: a child of two academics, have to attend high school. Such a child cannot become a plumber, even though a plumber probably earns more than a doctor, at least for the first ten-fifteen years, including residency.

(**) Aarhus is more than a 1.000 years old. The Latin name for Aarhus is Aros. Aarhus means house/settlement by the river. - Just in case you need some material for some idle small-talk.
Don't say I don't provide service...
Old 09-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Courtier

Aha! Aarhus/Aros. Perhaps that is why I have seen both spellings for this city. I have often seen it as Arhus, using only the one A - but I myself always think of it with two A's. Thanks for the historical comment.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Crown Princess Mary attended the opening of VIA University's new Campus in Aarhus today, October 11, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Mary kommer til Aarhus i dag **

** tv2oj.dk video: Prinsesse Mary s genoplivning **
Old 10-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Iceflower,

An article and a large gallery from Aarhus Stiftstidende:

Mary kom forbi Aarhus - igen - Aarhus

Gallery:
Se Mary indvie VIA | stiften.dk

The new campus Mary openend today is located near Skejby Sygehus in Aarhus, which is being expanded into a hospital city in these years, easy rivalling Rigshospitalet, simply because it's bigger and more concentrated.

All educations within the medical and health sector in Aarhus are now concentrated in the new campus.
Mary witnessed the revival of an advanced-patient-doll, named Karen, who had been brought in with heartfailure. She was asked if she would attempt to administer CPR, I understand she declined.

Sygehus litterally means house for the sick.

ADDED: For Tarlita: Aarhus was until very recently spelled rhus, with the letter . - That letter is often omitted when writing in English, because the older bowsers couldn't handle letters like , and . So it's no wonder you have seen the spelling Arhus.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Courtier

Well, going out of the tread, but Crown Princess Mary is getting boring with those pants.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative The Netherlands

More photos and a video about Mary's event at the opening of VIA University's new Campus in Aarhus

http://www2.viauc.dk/PublishingImage...sesse-mary.jpg
Old 10-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

This is the correct link that leads to the pics and video of the site

** Kronprinsesse Mary indvier Campus Aarhus N **

And here are two very nice galleries from Billed-Bladet and sn.dk:

** Mary smoerer madpakke i Aarhus ** translated BB article ** sn.dk gallery **

One from purepeople that mixes some recent events and a svenskdam article:

** La princesse Mary en douceur, son Frederik roule des mcaniques comme DiCaprio **

** Kronprinsessan Mary invigde nytt campus **

** BB: Kronprinsesse Mary var igen smart for smpenge ** translation **
Old 10-13-2011, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, October 12, Crown Princess Mary has participated in the Consortium for
Global Talent's Event "Growth and global talent" in Copenhagen.

** BB: Veloplagt kronprinsesse Mary til topmde hos A.P. Mller ** translation **

** vip.tv2.dk: Smukke Mary til Consortium ** translation **
Old 10-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Nobility

Yesterday Mary attended a working dinner with the Minister for Development Coordination, Christian Friis Bach, and Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director for the newly established UN Women, Michelle Bachelet at Eightveds Pakhus in Copenhagen.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Yesterday, October 12, Crown Princess Mary has participated in the Consortium for
Global Talent's Event "Growth and global talent" in Copenhagen.

** BB: Veloplagt kronprinsesse Mary til topmde hos A.P. Mller ** translation **
more pictures from this event
MYROYALS: PR
Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #42, 2011.
Mary i kkkenet - Mary in the kitchen.
Written by Ken Richter.

As you know Mary visited the VIA University College in Aarhus recently.
(See the galleries posted by Iceflower above, - and remember to thank her ).

Here all the educations within healthcare (except medicin) in Aarhus has been amalgamated into one complex.
2.500 students are studying here.

Among the things she was shown was how to make a nutricious and easy to make lunchbag. Asked about the content of the lunchbag she makes for her own children, she admitted: "They are not as advanced as those I see here. there is certainly room for improvement.
From here I've got a lot of inspiration".

Mary was told by one the students: "Children eat with their eyes and that's why it's important that the food has colors. At the same time as the food is healthy, it's desirable if it's sweet as well so we have also made our own choko-spread to put on the bread".

Mary was also shown how nurses deal with an acute heart failure.
In the sports hall, Mary was demonstrated how excersizes in balance are important for the psyce and body.
The visit ended in the advanced library of the school.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary will name a new frigate on the 7th November.
Invitation til pressen til navngivning af fregat

The naming will take place in the shipyard in Odense.

The pings will start to arrive from 09.45.

The generals will arrive from 10.20.

Mary will arrive at 10.35 and she will be saluted upon arrival.

The frigate will be named at 10.40.

Pictures will be taken at 10.55.

From 11.00 Mary and the generals will be taken on a tour of the frigate. - No press.

Nye fregatter
This is the third and final frigate of the Iver Huitfeldt class. - In contrast to previous frigates in the Danish navy (which were really heavy destroyers) these ships are designed to operate far away from Danish territory in coperation with the multi-purpose ships Absalon (who is now on her way to the coast off Somalia) and Esbern Snare.
The ironic thing with this third frigate is that is was ordered before the economic crisis, since then there has been cutbacks. So it is likely she will be leased to another NATO country who happens to need a new frigate now. Canada. even more ironically, springs to mind.
Canada recently revised it's military capacity in the arctic, not least because Danish warships were sailing in circles around Hans Island, between Canada and Greenland. Canada reached the unpleasant conclusion that they basically, due to cutbacks, had very little to enforce sovereignty in the arctic. - And Canada happens to be in the need of frigates in that area.
As such it's not unlikely we'll see this frigate flying a canadian flag along side one of her sisterships, flying the Danish flag.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Crown Princess Mary naming a new frigate at the shipyard of Odense on November 7, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** fyens.dk article ** translation ** fyens.dk gallery ** sn.dk gallery ** lehtikuva.fi gallery ** belga gallery **
Old 11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Iceflower

Mary looked great.

Niels Juel is a good name. That was the name of an admiral. All the largest fighting ships in the Danish navy are traditionally named after naval heros.

This picture is interesting: Prinsessen navngav Linds sidste skib - fyens.dk

The crest of the ship was like her name approved by QMII herself.
Notice the female officer in the background, she has three deployments under her belt. Probably to Somalia.
And the coast off Somalia and similar places far away from Denmark, is where Niels Juel was supposed to have been deployed. Now, due to cutbacks she's somewhat superflous and she will probably be leased by another navy. Two candidates are the Dutch and the Canadian navy.

Tags
crown princess mary, current events, danish royal, danish royals, denmark, denmark crown princess, princess mary current events, princess mary of den mar, royal