Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 10: September 2010 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a live-link to DR2 Live player/

You should see Mary from time to time.

Hope this can be seen outside DK.

(I suggest you cut the sound, that makes it less unbearable... The Reumert of the Year Award is very much like similar awards all over the world. I.e. shouldn't-we-all-pad-each-other-on-our-backs-and-agree-on-how-magnificent-we-are. DK is in my opinion too small a country to hand out such awards every year. The result is award-inflation).

The link only works if you are in Denmark :(

Did you hear the intro by Ditte Hansen, Muhler? It was excellent, I thought :) :) :)

No, I'm not watching this at all.
In fact we're watching a romantic comedy right now. - That is, I managed to slip away..:whistling: (We need a tip-toing smiley).

She simply looks stunning wearing that dress and with her hair down. Just gorgeous!

A picture of her

Mary alene til fest på Det Kongelige - Kendte - BT.dk

Thank you.

I suggest you click on: "stort billede" in the caption, and then extend the picture (the four arrows going in all directions) for a very large HQ picture.

Galleries from previous years: Årets Reumert

Mary 2008: http://www.aaretsreumert.dk/multimedia/_BOS1981.jpg

http://www.aaretsreumert.dk/multimedia/_BOS2449.jpg

2010: Joachim and our Marie: http://www.aaretsreumert.dk/multimedia/_BOS3218.jpg
http://www.aaretsreumert.dk/multimedia/_BOS3683.jpg

There will probably surface some pics on this site later.

Last edited by a moderator:
This wasn't a major event it was just her doing an appearance. Getty has pictures from the christening I think that was an important press event.

She gave a speech at the event so I don't get how it was just an appearance.

Rosapru said:
I dont know for you but I'm a little disappointed. Not so many media outside Denmark covered the return of Princess Mary. I used to see photos on Rex and Getty (the big major pictures media) and others (Zimbio,) now ... ZERO PHOTOS.... Her return, with the exception of Denmark, passed almost unnoticed.

The international photo agencies don't always cover all events attended by a foreign royal, therefore it's not surprising that there are no pictures of her. Don't forget it could also be the fact that the event took place on a weekend.

She looked good & very confident making her way up the steps, she also looks quite relaxed, last event she looked quite tired iMO. I like that dress but wish the hair was pulled up.

PPE agency gallery

Last edited:

Here's another gallery of yesterday's event:

** msndk: Ville kravle op til Mary **

Thank you, Dazzling & Iceflower :flowers:

I didn't watch the show but I understand from the captions that Mary at some point was involved in the event.
The conferencier, Ditte Hansen, at some point "attempted" to climb up to Mary, both of them for whatever reason being connected by a string.
As that wasn't possible Ditte Hansen then threw a bag of, I'm not sure if it was sweets or a kind of ticker tape, up to Mary.

I wonder if Mary felt a bit weird sitting there in the royal box, almost alone. I notice there is a man sitting in the box in the background. But it would appear her LiW, Tanja Doky was elsewhere. (Perhaps with her husband?)
QMII often go to the Royal Theatre and she is presumably used to sitting there alone, but Mary?
I wonder if Frederik opted to sit among the common guests when he some days ago went to a concert, instead of sitting in the royal box, simply because he felt somehow exposed if he sat there?

Seen from certain angles, Mary is distinctly "wifey" to look at. It somehow suits her.

ADDED: http://www.bt.dk/kendte/reumert-vaert-gik-jeg-over-stregen-mary
The conferencier, Ditte Hansen, cracked a few jokes about the DRF and Mary and she told to BT afterwards: "You have to find the balance in order not to hurt someone. It is after all meant in good spirit. Afterwards I went over to Mary (see pic) to hear whether she was in on (wasn't offended) on my joke. And she was. She thought it was a lovely show.
She was incredibly sweet. She was a bit taken back that I just asked straight out, but with a champagne in my hand, it wasn't a problem for me".

Last edited:
Mary looks very beautiful. I love how her face looks fuller.

Thank you, Dazzling & Iceflower :flowers:

I didn't watch the show but I understand from the captions that Mary at some point was involved in the event.
The conferencier, Ditte Hansen, at some point "attempted" to climb up to Mary, both of them for whatever reason being connected by a string.
As that wasn't possible Ditte Hansen then threw a bag of, I'm not sure if it was sweets or a kind of ticker tape, up to Mary.
I watched the show and they weren´t attached :flowers: But Ditte Hansen tried to give/throw some "confetti" to CPss Mary. So DH "climbed" up at the side of the stage and ended (as planned) to throw the confetti to CPss Mary. It was quite funny to watch :ROFLMAO:
DH told CPss Mary that she should just throw the confetti when ever she felt like something was especially good/funny/aso :lol:

Is there anywhere the rest of us can watch the show?

I watched the show and they weren´t attached :flowers: But Ditte Hansen tried to give/throw some "confetti" to CPss Mary. So DH "climbed" up at the side of the stage and ended (as planned) to throw the confetti to CPss Mary. It was quite funny to watch :ROFLMAO:
DH told CPss Mary that she should just throw the confetti when ever she felt like something was especially good/funny/aso :lol:

I watched that. That was hilarious :lol:

i can't see the video, but i saw some pictures of her at that event, and she looked healthy and happy.

It's Thursday again and BB is out with the usual coverage of the DRF.

We have the story about Frederik and Queen Margrethe going on a dog-sleig trek in Easter Greenland. - Much more on that later.

We have Prince Henrik frequenting the Singing-Girls at Bakken.

A Q&A about Aqua Regia.

Some info about Mary's shoes at the christening. - They are Prada and costs 3.000-4.000 DKK. Jeeez! :eek: (we need a fainting smiley).

Prince Henrik in fine form at Esrum Lake.

Benedikte in Rwanda.

And these two articles about Mary.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #19, 2011.
Mary alene i byen - Mary to town alone.
Written by Frodi Holm Knudsen.

As you now Mary was present in the Royal Theatre at the Reumert Award show. And here are some of the things the conferencier, Ditte Hansen teasingly said to and about Mary: "Tonight we're going full throttle. And then Her Royal Higness will shed some brilliance over the Reumert of the Year. Later she will throw confetti - her place is very suited for that.
Mom is alone to town, His Royal Highness is babysitting. So is my husband. We are in many ways alike, Her Royal Highness and I. Two sort of Sex and the City-girls, who give birth and snap, lose twenty kilos and go to work.
Vincent and Josephine. Weeell, that sound's like a (somewhat cheesy) musical in Tivoli. But that's not bad. I mean the DRF is in many ways like the theatre, they are also dependent of public funding, (they) always wear beautiful contumes and some of them have funny teeth, like Søren Østergaard (comedian/actor). - We love you, thanks for the show, so far".

And as you know when asked Mary said she was not offended.
- Still don't see what was funny in that. :ermm: Female humour....:p

ADDED: We are informed that Mary wore Prada on her feet to the Royal Theatre.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #19, 2011.
Dejligt at være med igen - Nice to be involved again.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Mary inagurated the Sun Campaign 2011 at Glyptoteket in Copenhagen.
The event lasted a couple of hours.
It's now the fifth time Mary opens this campain, which focus on awareness of the sun, especially in the early afternoon.
She said in her speech: "As most who come from Australia I have a respect for the sun. When I came to Denmark I was therefore surprised to learn that the Danes have a completely different attitude to the sun. Admittedly Denmark is not percieved as a sunny country, but today skin cancer is the biggest form for cancer with more than 9.000 cases a year - and the number is rising".

Some dancers wrapped Mary in yellow ribbons and she ended up cutting them. - (No, I don't know what the dancers were supposed to depict).

Our reporter cornered Mary towards the end and asked Mary how she was doing in getting Frederik to protect himself against the sun.
Mary: "He's become better at it. - Repetition works". (*)

Q: Have you missed work?
Mary: "Oh, I still have plenty to do at home".

(*) Read: Continious nagging works. - Welcome in the club, Frederik. :p

Last edited:
And as you know when asked Mary said she was not offended.
- Still don't see what was funny in that. :ermm: Female humour....:p
It was not the words, but the way they were said :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks all for the postings.

It was nice to see Mary on the job again even if only for a few events.
She looked lovely and so very healthy and happy.

I think that she takes time out from her maternity leave shows her commitment and involvement. It was a great speech.

Crown Princess Mary attended the opening ceremony of the Garden Living Fair
2011 at the Frederiksborg Palace garden, August 19, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** stella/belga **

** ppe gallery **

** svenskdam.se: Grönt är skönt tycker Mary **

** msn.dk: Kronprinsesse Marys grønne formiddag **

** sn.dk: Kronprinsesse åbnede Garden Living Fair **

** BB: Veloplagt kronprinsesse Mary til havefest ** translation **

** purepeople: Mary de Danemark : Une beauté florale qui rayonne en solo **

Last edited:
Pity it was a rainy day but nevertheless I guess Mary cheered a lot of people up showing up in such a vibrant green trench coat.
Not fond of when Mary has her hat brims quite low, makes her look like she is having trouble seeing stuff like in this picture.

I don't understand that outfit at all - that's a whole lot of green! And I especially don't understand that she has paired that hat with that trench coat :nonono:

I know it was a rainy day and all, but honestly, to me, Mary has lost some of her old spark. Perhaps it's due to the demands of raising twins, plus 2 older siblings. Lately her overall apperance just seems to be lackluster - she looks tired mostly. I really don't mean to criticize her personally as I believe she has a lot of pressure to look perfect at all times -- it's just my observation. :flowers:

Don't like it at all. Her outfit is absolutley not flattering her. The shoes are nice but that is all.

Well I admit her raincoat does look like it could have come from Queen Margrethe's closet but CP Mary is a real trooper. On a rainy and gloomy day she keeps smiling and meeting and greeting and, to me, looking like she's enjoying every minute.

Thanks iceflower for posting the links.

There are certainly some some great pics, Mary looks radiant.

Well I admit her raincoat does look like it could have come from Queen Margrethe's closet but CP Mary is a real trooper. On a rainy and gloomy day she keeps smiling and meeting and greeting and, to me, looking like she's enjoying every minute.

You're absolutely right Carrief :flowers: It's her attitude toward her jobs that is the most important thing here - and IMO she always seems very committed.
And it has been a ghastly day here weatherwise today, so her green coat was probably very suitable.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom