The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
What is Kristi Himmelfartsdag?
google is not helping at the moment
Sorry, it´s Christ's ascension :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Ascension Day.

I was just watching the news before bedtime a few minutes ago. A theologican told about the latest reseach regarding the gospels. Apparantly Christ's ascension did not take place 40 days after Easter, but already on Easter Day.
Not that it matters that much believes the theologican. After all Christ was born several years before we have always believed and not around Christmas and so on. He believes that what is important is what is being celebrated/commemorated and not when.
Whatever, I'll leave further comments on this to FasterB.

And Polyesco, it's my pleasure.
I didn´t watch the news tonight - I slept after two nights with work

Can you remember the name of the theologican?

Old 05-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

I guess Mary and our Minister for Development Christian Friis Bach may now know each other very well. They have worked a lot together in the recent past - both for meetings and on official trips abroad. I guess that he maybe too will travel with Mary to Malaysia later this month

Old 05-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The thread about Crown Princess Mary's visit to Malaysia can be found here:

** Crown Princess Mary Visit to Malaysia: May 27 - 30, 2013 **
Old 08-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

August 29, 2013 - HRH Crown Princess participates in the official opening of the Danish Refugee Council's new language center in Aarhus pm. 10.10.

tv2oj.dk video
Old 08-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

(...)

Mary spend the entire forenoon at the new language centre in Aarhus. And here she is learning about tele-education/remote-education (I'm not sure what the English word is.
Some 5.000 students are attached, some in DK but most outside DK, and they will get a course in Danish, either because they have found work in DK or because they intend to study at a Danish university.
The whispering interview was with a woman who is learning Danish because she has a job in DK. (Her Danish was very good BTW).

I'll assume Mary will have lunch with the Regent Couple who are in Aarhus right now for the opening of the annual Culture Week. - And then she'll probably hitch a ride on a helicopter back to Copenhagen for her second event today, in Helsingør at 19.00.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Here's an article about today's opening:

** BB: Kronprinsesse Mary: Dansk er en stor mundfuld ** translation **
Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks Dazzling, Maggiedenmark and Muhler

Here is another video where Mary very frankly joking with her first time with the difficult Danish language.

TV 2 | ØSTJYLLAND | Mary åbner sprogskole | Nyheder | Aarhus

And a picture: https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/h...88916393_n.jpg

Mary:
When you move to a new country, there are many things to relate to and many things to learn. And the language is one of the most important things. For me it was important to learn Danish the best I could and as quickly as possible.

But in the beginning I could not at all make heads or tails in a sentence ... Nor a word. When did the sentence start? When did it end?

For example hva'sir'du? (what'do'you'say?) When I heard people say that I walked around and wondered.. what sort of word is that??!! (Mary makes matching grimaces and people laughing)

When I became brave enough to ask I got the explanation that it was actually three words: Hvad siger du? (What do you say?)
So no, it's not the easiest language to learn.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Yeah, poor Mary.

I noticed she spoke considerably slower than usual and her pronounciation was much more careful.
Basically she spoke like our Marie, same speed, same pronounciation.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

I noticed she spoke considerably slower than usual and her pronounciation was much more careful.
Yes me too, she normally speaks considerably faster. But she holds a speech for others who have just learned Danish so a speech with little slowness is probably a good idea

Pictures (but pretty bad quality)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...10629486_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...95174902_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/h...81959150_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...60152603_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/h...55279169_n.jpg
Old 08-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Courtier

nice with some videos but i hope we soon will could see some more photos.. mary looks pretty love her with so long hair as she has now :-)
Old 08-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tonight, CP Mary participated in the INDEX: Award 2013 Ceremony, August 29, 2013.
Spektakulær Mary til galla ved Kronborg
Google Translation
Old 08-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

Mary is at this moment to the Index Award at Kronborg Castle. Here are the first pictures

http://gsimg.no.publicus.com/apps/pb...W=534&MaxH=300

Article from Helsingørbladet
Glamour i de gamle haller
Old 08-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Courtier

What is the Index award about? Is it a Business award or an invention award? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
What is the Index award about? Is it a Business award or an invention award? Thanks in advance.
INDEX: Design to Improve Life® | Inspiring, Educating and Engaging people in designing sustainable solutions to global challenges.

INDEX: Design to Improve Life® is proud and honored to be under the patronage of HRH The Crown Prince of Denmark
Old 08-30-2013, 01:09 AM
Courtier

Many thanks Nordic. I should keep a list of what some of these patronages represent.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some additional pics of Mary's attendance at the INDEX award:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** bt.dk: Mary uddelte verdens største designpris ** translation **

And here's a nice large gallery from purepeople:

** Princesse Mary : Décolletée et resplendissante aux INDEX Awards 2013 **
Old 08-30-2013, 02:34 AM
Royal Highness

Picture of Mary with the winners
http://designtoimprovelife.dk/wp-con...13-960x468.jpg

Article from Index Award
The winners of INDEX: Award 2013 revealed at extraordinarily unique show | INDEX: Design to Improve Life®
Old 08-30-2013, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Here is another picture gallery from kongehuset.dk of Mary at the official opening of the Danish Refugee Council's new language centre in Aarhus
Old 08-31-2013, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The new thread can be found here

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary, current events, danish royal, danish royals, denmark, denmark crown princess, princess mary current events, princess mary of den mar, royal