The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Thank you for the pictures.
The events look interesting and Mary looked great at the two events.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Mary is the best dressed, she always look so radiant

Old 02-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you so very much of the photos, Iceflower. Your work is appreciated.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Princess Mary and the Minister for Development Cooperation Christian Friis Bach attended the welcome reception for the international conference on global inequality at the UN city in Copenhagen yesterday evening, February 18, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** demotix.com gallery ** ppe gallery **

** pp gallery: Princesse Mary : Bien bronzée et lookée à la Maxima, de retour de Verbier **

And today, February 19, Mary attended a high-level meeting of the international conference on global inequality. The event was held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** kongehuset.dk: H.K.H. Kronprinsessen ved højniveaumøde **

** hasseferrold.blogspot.de: GLOBAL INEQUALITY Leadership Meeting 19/2 2013, Copenhagen **

And here's a gallery of both events:

** BB: Billeder: Mary diskuterede og dansede ** translation **
According to Billed Bladet's reporters Mary took (together with our Minister for Development Christian Friis Bach) some African dance moves together with the African dancers to the event

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...30674889_n.jpg
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...32152308_n.jpg
Old 04-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Royal Highness

The diligent CP Mary will next month visit Malaysia from 27-30 May

Press release from the Royal Court:
Google Oversæt

Article from BB:
Google Oversæt

And in next week will she travel to New York to the second meeting in High Level Task Force.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The extra thread for Crown Princess Mary's visit to Malaysia next month can be found here:

** Crown Princess Mary Visit to Malaysia: May 27 - 30, 2013 **
Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Royal Highness

Mary must now has arrived in New York She will participates in the rededication of Finn Juhl floor of the UN building and here is an article about it.

Google Oversæt
Old 04-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Roskilde

Let me add this video of Mary being interviewed about the renovated floor on DR1: Kronprinsessen indviede berømt sal i New York | Nyheder | DR

A translation of what she is saying will be too time consuming to do and that is not particular important anyway.
What I think should be emphasized is that Mary's Danish is brilliant. She has a distinct accent but I noticed only two or three minor grammatical mistakes. In the word "smukt", meaning beautiful. She said that "I think the hall is incredibly smukt". Where it should have been "smuk". Basically a difference between saying beautiful and beautifully. - And that can only be called a minor mistake, eh?
Also notice that her replies were quick and confident and that she spoke in normal conversation speed. Only pausing very briefly to frame her words and that is pretty normal when you have a microphone in front of you.

I'll leave any other quotes to someone else. - Now back to you, Roskilde.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Courtier

She looks lovely as always.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I watched the interview and listened to see if I could decipher even one word from Danish. No! I am so amazed that mary has seemed to master this very difficult language.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

she looks great and confident.
I like the furniture by the danish designer
Old 04-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Courtier

Mary looks beautiful and very young in these pictures.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more pics from yesterday:

** Grand Opening of the UN Trusteeship Council Chamber **
Old 04-26-2013, 07:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Picture of CP Mary with Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon

CP Mary holding a speech at the launch of the High-Level Task Force Picture 1 - Picture 2
Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Photogallery from bt.dk

Se billederne: Mary til historisk indvielse i New York | www.bt.dk
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Courtier

thank you for all the photos :-) mary looks lovely and i always like to listen to her voice, very pleasant.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Courtier

do you think we will get some photos from her meetings from yesterday and today? :-)
Old 04-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

TV 2 Nyhederne - Video

From TV2 news at 19.00.

It was very much on purpose Mary was send to New York to inaugurate the new hall at UN and the furnitures there.
Danish export of designer-furnitures to USA is booming and DK has for the past couple of years been busy attracting the attention of and courting various US style-gurus. Sending Mary, who internationally speaking and without doubt is the most high-profiled member of the DRF, was another step in that campaign.

Mary is featured a few times but you can watch the clip with the sound on anyway as there is also an interview with an American seller of Danish furnitures, who is positively drooling over some chairs.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
TV 2 Nyhederne - Video

From TV2 news at 19.00.

It was very much on purpose Mary was send to New York to inaugurate the new hall at UN and the furnitures there.
Danish export of designer-furnitures to USA is booming and DK has for the past couple of years been busy attracting the attention of and courting various US style-gurus. Sending Mary, who internationally speaking and without doubt is the most high-profiled member of the DRF, was another step in that campaign.

Mary is featured a few times but you wach the clip with the sound on anyway as there is also an interview with an American seller of Danish furnitures, who is positively drooling over some chairs.
indeed, a very entertaining and enthusiastic ambassador for Danish design: even from underneath the chairs he sells! in this context lets hope the crown princess is not subject to the same tactile experience as the furniture

Tags
crown princess mary, current events, danish royal, danish royals, denmark, denmark crown princess, princess mary current events, princess mary of den mar, royal