The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=grevinnan;1510443]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerbed View Post
Whether a greeting with a kiss on the hand is a good thing depends greatly on the dental hygiene of the man, I have to say.

The gentleman's lips are not supposed to touch the lady's skin. It is just another form of air-kissing.
Exactly.

You can always tell a gentleman from a roughian pretending to be a gentleman.
The roughian's lips touch the hand of the lady, sometimes with a loud wet sound. - Which is why sensible ladies wear glowes, lest a boor should drool on their hands.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
Yes, you are right. His name is Mikkel Hansen. Here are the pictures you were searching for

Thanks fairy tale and ricarda for the confirmation , also thanks fairy tale for the link to the pictures, much appreciated. Nice to see the sweet photos of the children again.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde
But what a busy Sunday, with flying trips back and forth within a few hours. I won't blame Mary if she looks a bit tired today

And especially because I have read on Facebook that some of the people who traveled on the same flight home as Crown Princess Mary says that there were 2 hour delay at the airport and turbulence all the way home to Denmark, phew! By the way, are there still no images from Mary's event yesterday?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieDenmark View Post
By the way, are there still no images from Mary's event yesterday?
Here is a picture from the DRF-website, when she attended the conference "Social Business Priorities" yesterday, January 28, 2013.
Konferencen "Social Business Priorities" - Kongehuset
Old 01-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Courtier

Mohammad Yunus gave a speech at this conference.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Biled Bladet #05, 2013.
Mary led med landsholdet - Mary suffered with the national team.
Written by Marianne Singer & Casper Nielsen.

Well, as you know Mary watched the handball match finals between Spain and Denmark and Denmark became second.

They have selected a couple of pics of Mary in the article that are probably more in line with the general mood among those Danes who watched the match...

Mary was recieved and treated with utmost curtesy by Crown Prince Felipe and sat next to him in the royal box at the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona.
Mary handed out the medals to the winners and offered some comforting words. (*)
The Danish trainer, Ulrik Wilbek, who is incidentally suffering from a stomach ulcer, said afterwards: "Mary said she thought silver was great and that she well understood that it was going uphill, when we came behind three nil to that opponent. Yes, Mary was actually one of the only ones who understood anything. (**) We are always pleased with the support she and Crown Princes Frederik give us, when they are present".

(*) The article doesn't mention whether it was planned that she should hand out medals. From what I understand the whole thing seemed a bit improvised. I have been told that a gentleman and Mary couldn't quite figure out who should hand out the medals and who should hand out flowers to the players.

(**) The press and the public haven't exactly been kind to the handball team. - I'd say, there is a considerable difference in loosing with three goals behind and loosing with... quite a few goals more...

BB is up.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:55 PM
Courtier

I think it is always unfair when the media rip into a team for not winning. Regardless of the fact that coming second means they are the second best team in the world, which is a bloody good effort. It happens a lot in my country with some of our team sports. I think the media are most unfair at times.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
I think it is always unfair when the media rip into a team for not winning. Regardless of the fact that coming second means they are the second best team in the world, which is a bloody good effort. It happens a lot in my country with some of our team sports. I think the media are most unfair at times.
I agree, I've never understood how both fans and the media become so unhinged when a team loses. Even when they lose as dramatically as the Danes did. Sometimes everyone does their best and a team brings everything it's got to the table and things still fall apart.
I'm glad to hear Mary was supportive, at least!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The Danish trainer, Ulrik Wilbek, who is incidentally suffering from a stomach ulcer, said afterwards: "Mary said she thought silver was great and that she well understood that it was going uphill, when we came behind three nil to that opponent. Yes, Mary was actually one of the only ones who understood anything. (**) We are always pleased with the support she and Crown Princes Frederik give us, when they are present".
thanks Muhler.
It seems the coach and team are pleased with the royal support from both Mary and Frederik.
and remembering the pic from the olympics, Im sure Isabella and Christian will be huge fans as well
Old 02-01-2013, 05:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Summary of article in Biled Bladet #05, 2013.
Mary led med landsholdet - Mary suffered with the national team.
Written by Marianne Singer & Casper Nielsen.

Well, as you know Mary watched the handball match finals between Spain and Denmark and Denmark became second.

They have selected a couple of pics of Mary in the article that are probably more in line with the general mood among those Danes who watched the match...

Mary was recieved and treated with utmost curtesy by Crown Prince Felipe and sat next to him in the royal box at the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona.
Mary handed out the medals to the winners and offered some comforting words. (*)

(*) The article doesn't mention whether it was planned that she should hand out medals. From what I understand the whole thing seemed a bit improvised. I have been told that a gentleman and Mary couldn't quite figure out who should hand out the medals and who should hand out flowers to the players.

(**) The press and the public haven't exactly been kind to the handball team. - I'd say, there is a considerable difference in loosing with three goals behind and loosing with... quite a few goals more...

BB is up.
I love Ulrik Wilbek's words about Mary! Especially the part where Ulrik says that Mary was actually one of the only ones who understood anything Sweet sweet Mary,, she seems to be a very warm and sympathetic woman. I really like her.
And the Danish press has not been very sweet to Ulrik Wilbek and hey a second place is really great too!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

CP Mary is not able to hand over the EliteForsk price 2013 today, as she is sick unfortunately.
Ekstra Bladet - Syg Mary måtte aflyse
Google Translation
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Royal Highness

IIRC, it is first time in her 14 years as a crown princess Mary has to cancel a event. Communications chief Lene Balleby tells that Mary today feels too sick to participate and that she most likely is hit by the flu. But she don't think it will affect Mary program further.

Journalist Ulrik Uriken from Billed Bladet said that it was clear to see that Mary was suffering from colds to her event in Copenhagen three days ago http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...ive%20job.aspx

Wishing our Mary a speedy recovery

Article from Billedbladet: (Maybe Muhler will translate? )
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...ive%20job.aspx
Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
CP Mary is not able to hand over the EliteForsk price 2013 today, as she is sick unfortunately.
Ekstra Bladet - Syg Mary måtte aflyse
Google Translation
She's joining many others; after the first flu 'wave' before Christmas, we seem to be having a second wave right now.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
She's joining many others; after the first flu 'wave' before Christmas, we seem to be having a second wave right now.
Exactly. I was hard hit by the flu around Christmas, so I hope I release this time
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post

IIRC, it is first time in her 14 years as a crown princess Mary has to cancel a event. Communications chief Lene Balleby tells that Mary today feels too sick to participate and that she most likely is hit by the flu. But she don't think it will affect Mary program further.

Journalist Ulrik Uriken from Billed Bladet said that it was clear to see that Mary was suffering from colds to her event in Copenhagen three days ago Billed-Bladet - Syg kronprinsesse Mary måtte opgive job

Wishing our Mary a speedy recovery

Article from Billedbladet: (Maybe Muhler will translate? )
Billed-Bladet - Syg kronprinsesse Mary måtte opgive job
14 years? 9 years in May, correct?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post

Yes. It'll be 13 years since they met in August :)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Yes, that was my calculation too.
With 4 young children, I'm surprised Mary isn't sick more often, they bring home viruses for which adults have no immunity
Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Royal Highness

Correct. I mean, of course, 9 years as a Crown Princess. Mental arithmetic has never been my specialty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Yes, that was my calculation too.
With 4 young children, I'm surprised Mary isn't sick more often, they bring home viruses for which adults have no immunity
But maybe she is. But Mary seems to be a very dutiful woman and I can imagine that she only cancels if she is simply unable to get up from the bed, too hoarse to speak, etc.

I remember several articles from Billed Bladet, where the journalist has reported about a sick Mary. I remember, for example, these pictures from last year

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...75364926_n.jpg
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Courtier

I wish her a speedy recovery. The family are meant to go to Verbier soon and they usually give us some great photo opportunities with the children having fun in the snow. Hope HRH feels well enough by then to do that.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Crown Princess Mary and the Minister for Development Cooperation Christian Friis Bach attended the welcome reception for the international conference on global inequality at the UN city in Copenhagen yesterday evening, February 18, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** demotix.com gallery ** ppe gallery **

** pp gallery: Princesse Mary : Bien bronzée et lookée à la Maxima, de retour de Verbier **

And today, February 19, Mary attended a high-level meeting of the international conference on global inequality. The event was held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** kongehuset.dk: H.K.H. Kronprinsessen ved højniveaumøde **

** hasseferrold.blogspot.de: GLOBAL INEQUALITY Leadership Meeting 19/2 2013, Copenhagen **

And here's a gallery of both events:

** BB: Billeder: Mary diskuterede og dansede ** translation **

Tags
crown princess mary, current events, danish royal, danish royals, denmark, denmark crown princess, princess mary current events, princess mary of den mar, royal