The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 01-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,374
[QUOTE=grevinnan;1510443]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerbed View Post
Whether a greeting with a kiss on the hand is a good thing depends greatly on the dental hygiene of the man, I have to say.

The gentleman's lips are not supposed to touch the lady's skin. It is just another form of air-kissing.
Exactly.

You can always tell a gentleman from a roughian pretending to be a gentleman.
The roughian's lips touch the hand of the lady, sometimes with a loud wet sound. - Which is why sensible ladies wear glowes, lest a boor should drool on their hands.
__________________

__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #322  
Old 01-29-2013, 06:41 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: little rock, Antarctica
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
Yes, you are right. His name is Mikkel Hansen. Here are the pictures you were searching for

Thanks fairy tale and ricarda for the confirmation , also thanks fairy tale for the link to the pictures, much appreciated. Nice to see the sweet photos of the children again.
__________________

__________________
  #323  
Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Trekroner, Denmark
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde
But what a busy Sunday, with flying trips back and forth within a few hours. I won't blame Mary if she looks a bit tired today


And especially because I have read on Facebook that some of the people who traveled on the same flight home as Crown Princess Mary says that there were 2 hour delay at the airport and turbulence all the way home to Denmark, phew! By the way, are there still no images from Mary's event yesterday?
__________________
  #324  
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
fairy tale's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: G., Germany
Posts: 2,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieDenmark View Post
...
By the way, are there still no images from Mary's event yesterday?
Here is a picture from the DRF-website, when she attended the conference "Social Business Priorities" yesterday, January 28, 2013.
Konferencen "Social Business Priorities" - Kongehuset
__________________
Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely. - The Land Before Time
  #325  
Old 01-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 967
Mohammad Yunus gave a speech at this conference.
__________________
  #326  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,374
Summary of article in Biled Bladet #05, 2013.
Mary led med landsholdet - Mary suffered with the national team.
Written by Marianne Singer & Casper Nielsen.

Well, as you know Mary watched the handball match finals between Spain and Denmark and Denmark became second.

They have selected a couple of pics of Mary in the article that are probably more in line with the general mood among those Danes who watched the match...

Mary was recieved and treated with utmost curtesy by Crown Prince Felipe and sat next to him in the royal box at the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona.
Mary handed out the medals to the winners and offered some comforting words. (*)
The Danish trainer, Ulrik Wilbek, who is incidentally suffering from a stomach ulcer, said afterwards: "Mary said she thought silver was great and that she well understood that it was going uphill, when we came behind three nil to that opponent. Yes, Mary was actually one of the only ones who understood anything. (**) We are always pleased with the support she and Crown Princes Frederik give us, when they are present".

(*) The article doesn't mention whether it was planned that she should hand out medals. From what I understand the whole thing seemed a bit improvised. I have been told that a gentleman and Mary couldn't quite figure out who should hand out the medals and who should hand out flowers to the players.

(**) The press and the public haven't exactly been kind to the handball team. - I'd say, there is a considerable difference in loosing with three goals behind and loosing with... quite a few goals more...

BB is up.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
  #327  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:55 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: small town near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 746
I think it is always unfair when the media rip into a team for not winning. Regardless of the fact that coming second means they are the second best team in the world, which is a bloody good effort. It happens a lot in my country with some of our team sports. I think the media are most unfair at times.
__________________
  #328  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
I think it is always unfair when the media rip into a team for not winning. Regardless of the fact that coming second means they are the second best team in the world, which is a bloody good effort. It happens a lot in my country with some of our team sports. I think the media are most unfair at times.
I agree, I've never understood how both fans and the media become so unhinged when a team loses. Even when they lose as dramatically as the Danes did. Sometimes everyone does their best and a team brings everything it's got to the table and things still fall apart.
I'm glad to hear Mary was supportive, at least!
__________________
  #329  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The Danish trainer, Ulrik Wilbek, who is incidentally suffering from a stomach ulcer, said afterwards: "Mary said she thought silver was great and that she well understood that it was going uphill, when we came behind three nil to that opponent. Yes, Mary was actually one of the only ones who understood anything. (**) We are always pleased with the support she and Crown Princes Frederik give us, when they are present".
thanks Muhler.
It seems the coach and team are pleased with the royal support from both Mary and Frederik.
and remembering the pic from the olympics, Im sure Isabella and Christian will be huge fans as well
__________________
  #330  
Old 02-01-2013, 05:28 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Trekroner, Denmark
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Summary of article in Biled Bladet #05, 2013.
Mary led med landsholdet - Mary suffered with the national team.
Written by Marianne Singer & Casper Nielsen.

Well, as you know Mary watched the handball match finals between Spain and Denmark and Denmark became second.

They have selected a couple of pics of Mary in the article that are probably more in line with the general mood among those Danes who watched the match...

Mary was recieved and treated with utmost curtesy by Crown Prince Felipe and sat next to him in the royal box at the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona.
Mary handed out the medals to the winners and offered some comforting words. (*)
The Danish trainer, Ulrik Wilbek, who is incidentally suffering from a stomach ulcer, said afterwards: "Mary said she thought silver was great and that she well understood that it was going uphill, when we came behind three nil to that opponent. Yes, Mary was actually one of the only ones who understood anything. (**) We are always pleased with the support she and Crown Princes Frederik give us, when they are present".

(*) The article doesn't mention whether it was planned that she should hand out medals. From what I understand the whole thing seemed a bit improvised. I have been told that a gentleman and Mary couldn't quite figure out who should hand out the medals and who should hand out flowers to the players.

(**) The press and the public haven't exactly been kind to the handball team. - I'd say, there is a considerable difference in loosing with three goals behind and loosing with... quite a few goals more...

BB is up.
I love Ulrik Wilbek's words about Mary! Especially the part where Ulrik says that Mary was actually one of the only ones who understood anything Sweet sweet Mary,, she seems to be a very warm and sympathetic woman. I really like her.
And the Danish press has not been very sweet to Ulrik Wilbek and hey a second place is really great too!
__________________
  #331  
Old 02-07-2013, 08:23 AM
fairy tale's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: G., Germany
Posts: 2,972
CP Mary is not able to hand over the EliteForsk price 2013 today, as she is sick unfortunately.
Ekstra Bladet - Syg Mary måtte aflyse
Google Translation
__________________
Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely. - The Land Before Time
  #332  
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Roskilde's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 1,786

IIRC, it is first time in her 14 years as a crown princess Mary has to cancel a event. Communications chief Lene Balleby tells that Mary today feels too sick to participate and that she most likely is hit by the flu. But she don't think it will affect Mary program further.

Journalist Ulrik Uriken from Billed Bladet said that it was clear to see that Mary was suffering from colds to her event in Copenhagen three days ago http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...ive%20job.aspx

Wishing our Mary a speedy recovery

Article from Billedbladet: (Maybe Muhler will translate? )
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...ive%20job.aspx
__________________
  #333  
Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
CP Mary is not able to hand over the EliteForsk price 2013 today, as she is sick unfortunately.
Ekstra Bladet - Syg Mary måtte aflyse
Google Translation
She's joining many others; after the first flu 'wave' before Christmas, we seem to be having a second wave right now.
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
  #334  
Old 02-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Roskilde's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 1,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
She's joining many others; after the first flu 'wave' before Christmas, we seem to be having a second wave right now.
Exactly. I was hard hit by the flu around Christmas, so I hope I release this time
__________________
  #335  
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post

IIRC, it is first time in her 14 years as a crown princess Mary has to cancel a event. Communications chief Lene Balleby tells that Mary today feels too sick to participate and that she most likely is hit by the flu. But she don't think it will affect Mary program further.

Journalist Ulrik Uriken from Billed Bladet said that it was clear to see that Mary was suffering from colds to her event in Copenhagen three days ago Billed-Bladet - Syg kronprinsesse Mary måtte opgive job

Wishing our Mary a speedy recovery

Article from Billedbladet: (Maybe Muhler will translate? )
Billed-Bladet - Syg kronprinsesse Mary måtte opgive job
14 years? 9 years in May, correct?
__________________
  #336  
Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post

14 years? 9 years in May, correct?
Yes. It'll be 13 years since they met in August :)
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #337  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 2,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
14 years? 9 years in May, correct?
Yes, that was my calculation too.
With 4 young children, I'm surprised Mary isn't sick more often, they bring home viruses for which adults have no immunity
__________________
  #338  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Roskilde's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 1,786

Correct. I mean, of course, 9 years as a Crown Princess. Mental arithmetic has never been my specialty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Yes, that was my calculation too.
With 4 young children, I'm surprised Mary isn't sick more often, they bring home viruses for which adults have no immunity
But maybe she is. But Mary seems to be a very dutiful woman and I can imagine that she only cancels if she is simply unable to get up from the bed, too hoarse to speak, etc.

I remember several articles from Billed Bladet, where the journalist has reported about a sick Mary. I remember, for example, these pictures from last year

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...75364926_n.jpg
__________________
  #339  
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Tarlita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: small town near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 746
I wish her a speedy recovery. The family are meant to go to Verbier soon and they usually give us some great photo opportunities with the children having fun in the snow. Hope HRH feels well enough by then to do that.
__________________
  #340  
Old 02-19-2013, 03:26 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,997
.

Crown Princess Mary and the Minister for Development Cooperation Christian Friis Bach attended the welcome reception for the international conference on global inequality at the UN city in Copenhagen yesterday evening, February 18, 2013.




** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** demotix.com gallery ** ppe gallery **


** pp gallery: Princesse Mary : Bien bronzée et lookée à la Maxima, de retour de Verbier **



And today, February 19, Mary attended a high-level meeting of the international conference on global inequality. The event was held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **


** kongehuset.dk: H.K.H. Kronprinsessen ved højniveaumøde **


** hasseferrold.blogspot.de: GLOBAL INEQUALITY Leadership Meeting 19/2 2013, Copenhagen **



And here's a gallery of both events:


** BB: Billeder: Mary diskuterede og dansede ** translation **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary, current events, danish royal, danish royals, denmark, denmark crown princess, princess mary current events, princess mary of den mar, royal


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 9: June 2010 - October 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 605 10-29-2014 08:13 PM
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark Visits Jordan; August 20-22, 2013 dazzling Royal House of Jordan 83 08-30-2013 03:17 PM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 9: March 2008 - September 2010 GlitteringTiaras Current Events Archive 482 09-27-2010 03:53 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: January-October 2007 Mandy Current Events Archive 384 10-31-2007 02:37 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May 2005 - May 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 402 05-11-2006 03:18 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympics ottoman poland president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]