The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

Some large and great pictures of Mary from today
And lovely with encouraging smiles from our Crown Princess because the match today was pretty depressing for us Danes

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...60396344_n.jpg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...01577404_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...88513611_n.jpg (I like this picture)

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...81790938_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...93056189_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...66921070_n.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Thanks ANNIE_S

This picture is really great.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

The comments on the sports news are less than flattering....

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...88513611_n.jpg

I understand that the guy in the background of this pic, removed his silvermedal almost right after recieving it. - That's not proper behavior.
The Danish team lost because the Spanish team was better, period! They've only got themselves to blame, so stop acting like a spoiled child.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Did you know that handball was invented by a Dane? :)
Not quite. A dane formalized by putting some rules into writing but the game has been played in very varied parts of the world prior to that. Even in the middle ages in France.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Courtier

Did Mary fly straight to Barcelona from Davos or did she drop in at home first and then fly out. Anyone know?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:21 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you to everyone who posted photos. Commiserations to those Danish supporters, congratulations to the Spanish.

You are right about proper behaviour when not winning anything. I am trying to instil this in my youngsters but when someone in a national team behaves inappropriately it lets that person down and makes parenting harder!!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Did Mary fly straight to Barcelona from Davos or did she drop in at home first and then fly out. Anyone know?
Mary was in Davos only until 24 January.
So I guess she flew in from Denmark on Sunday and back to Dk afterwards, as she has an event today.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Mary was in Davos only until 24 January.
So I guess she flew in from Denmark on Sunday and back to Dk afterwards, as she has an event today.
My guess too. I'm sure she has been at home with the children.

But what a busy Sunday, with flying trips back and forth within a few hours. I won't blame Mary if she looks a bit tired today But I'm glad she traveled to Spain, so there at least was something good about watching the match yesterday

But big congratulations to Spain!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:38 AM
Serene Highness

Photos from Kongehuset.dk

VM-finalen i herrehåndbold - Kongehuset
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Nobility

Thanks FasterB, I like the photo showing Crown Princess Mary as the only one singing, this of course would be when the Danish National Anthem was playing.

Can one of our Danish friends please help? The player that took his silver medal off (Muhler's post # 303) is he the same person that Prince Christian and Princess Isabella had the photo taken with at the Olympics, also the photo of Price Christian doing his Usain Bolt pose. It is just that I think I recognise the face. I have been trying to find the photos of C&I without luck.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

More pictures from Hola:
Don Felipe e Iņaki Urdangarin asisten por separado a la final del Mundial de Balonmano - Foto 4

Off topic, but isnīt a kiss on the hand the most perfect way of greeting between a gentleman and a lady?
I think Iīm a hopeless old-fashioned romantic

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Off topic, but isnīt a kiss on the hand the most perfect way of greeting between a gentleman and a lady?
I think Iīm a hopeless old-fashioned romantic
It most certainly is. Prince Charles greets ladies in the same way; it just warms my heart to know chivalry isn't dead.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
It most certainly is. Prince Charles greets ladies in the same way;
He does, and he does it Oh! so perfectly
I think both Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos always formally greet ladies like that-good family teaching
End of the OT, I guess

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Especially if the lady wears jeans.

Quote:
marfre
Can one of our Danish friends please help? The player that took his silver medal off (Muhler's post # 303) is he the same person that Prince Christian and Princess Isabella had the photo taken with at the Olympics, also the photo of Price Christian doing his Usain Bolt pose. It is just that I think I recognise the face. I have been trying to find the photos of C&I without luck.
Yes, he is. And he also took off his silver medal in 2011.
But sorry, I can't help you with pics.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfre View Post

Yes, you are right. His name is Mikkel Hansen. Here are the pictures you were searching for
Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Especially if the lady wears jeans.
Still, waist up the photo is perfection

Old 01-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Commoner

Whether a greeting with a kiss on the hand is a good thing depends greatly on the dental hygiene of the man, I have to say.

I have great respect for CP Mary's composure yesterday, I would not have been able to be so stoic after watching such a horrible, horrible match. For the first time in my life I actually walked away from the TV early in the second half of the final, I just couldn't bear to watch it any longer. I'd never imagined the team were capable of playing that badly.

But Mary was really good at giving all the players a smile and comforting pat on shoulder when she handed out the medals. And I have to say it wasn't an easy job. The IHF representative who was supposed to hand out the flowers kept switching between the flowers and the medals and taking several at once, so Mary sometimes had to double back to make sure she greeted all the Danish players. And for both bronze, silver and gold medals they hadn't made enough medals and flowers for everyone, so some of them didn't get any. I don't understand how that can happen at a World Championship, IHF were the only ones who messed up worse than the Danish team yesterday.
But like I said, Mary was good at making sure she greeted everyone and seemed to try and give them all some comforting words.

And from now on I'll try really hard to pretend that match never happened.
Hopefully they'll make up for it when the European Championships are held in Denmark next year.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's one more gallery from Barcelona:

** pp: Felipe d'Espagne, Mary de Danemark: Amis et ennemis pour la folle finale du hand **
Old 01-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerbed View Post
And from now on I'll try really hard to pretend that match never happened. .
You and me both I've already pressed Delete on my mental hard drive and only remembers the first 8 matches......
Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerbed View Post
Whether a greeting with a kiss on the hand is a good thing depends greatly on the dental hygiene of the man, I have to say.
The gentleman's lips are not supposed to touch the lady's skin. It is just another form of air-kissing.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
You and me both I've already pressed Delete on my mental hard drive and only remembers the first 8 matches......
It sounds like a good idea. I will try to do the same
I dare not think about how my facial expression looked during the match

Here are more great pictures of Mary (and Spanish Felipe) from yesterday. Mary has such a stunning smile!

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...03387323_n.jpg
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...28565247_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...06479468_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...53334212_n.jpg
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...50654543_n.jpg

Tags
crown princess mary, current events, danish royal, danish royals, denmark, denmark crown princess, princess mary current events, princess mary of den mar, royal