Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 10: September 2010 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2012.
Mary sagde farvel - Mary said goodbye.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

The Master of Ceremonies, the colorful and likable Christian Eugen Olsen has now retired after 23 years of service.
As such he held a farewell reception in one of the royal halls at Christiansborg Palace.
Representing the DRF at the reception was Mary, who came rushing from a meeting. (Wearing a green blouse and a tight greyish skirt, should any pics emerge online).
Eugen Olsen's replacement is Kim Kristensen, colonel and Afghanistan veteran and until recently defence attache at the embassy in Paris.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #44, 2012.
Fets for en god sag - Party for a good cause.
Written by Lisbeth Grube.

As you know Mary went to the gala for the Lung Association at the Royal Theatre. The gala celebrated that it is twenty years ago the first lung transplant took place in DK and a number of actors, entertainers and singers went on stage. One of them was Preben Christensen, who is mentioned in the subject about the death of Tina Jørgensen.

Mary sat during the show in the royal box and she was addressed during the show by among others the actor Martin Brygmann, who was dressed up as Australian Todd (*) and he said to Mary that she should look out for her "big nice looking lungs".

During the intermission, Mary mingled and met some lung patients. Among them ten year old Emily, who is suffering from a rare lung desease.
The surplus from the gala will go to lung research.

(*) I don't know if that's a specific character in a play, or whether he is a figure invented for the occasion.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2012.
Mary sagde farvel - Mary said goodbye.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

The Master of Ceremonies, the colorful and likable Christian Eugen Olsen has now retired after 23 years of service.
As such he held a farewell reception in one of the royal halls at Christiansborg Palace.
Representing the DRF at the reception was Mary, who came rushing from a meeting. (Wearing a green blouse and a tight greyish skirt, should any pics emerge online).
Eugen Olsen's replacement is Kim Kristensen, colonel and Afghanistan veteran and until recently defence attache at the embassy in Paris.

Here is a picture of Mary Styleofmary: Goodbye to the Master of Ceremonies

:previous: Thanks for the info, Muhler :flowers:

It's great news, it's nice to see Mary supporting our handball players. I will look forward to see Mary and the handball match tomorrow :clap: :daneflag2: :spainflag2:
But I can see that Mary has an official event already 8:30 o'clock Monday morning, so she must hurry home after the match.

Article from tv2, where the communications director, Lene Balleby confirms that Mary will travel to Spain to support.
http://sporten.tv2.dk/vm/2013-01-26-kronprinsessen-skal-heppe-p%C3%A5-vm-heltene?forside

Last edited:
Denmark will play for the world championships in handball in Barcelona.

Politiken informs us that Mary will go to Barcelona for the finals to show support for the Danish handball team.
Frederik is prevented from attending as he is sailing off hong Kong.

Mary tager til Barcelona for at støtte VM-holdet - Politiken.dk

good for Mary. I wonder if she will take Christian and or Isabella with her.

I placed some pictures of Frederik in Hong Kong under the DRF current events. Henrik is there as well for the Prince Henrik Silver Trophy

If I understand correctly the match is today?
Its nice that she attends for the support. It would be lovely to see if anyone else from the family will be attending.

If I understand correctly the match is today?
Its nice that she attends for the support. It would be lovely to see if anyone else from the family will be attending.

It is; 5:15 pm Danish time to be exact ;)

And of course this is huge! Even more so than Christmas, Easter and what have you combined!! Just my humble opinion of course :flowers: - but Denmark really has gone handball mad right now! (Small wonder since this game is without comparison the best :D;)).

Handball doesn't really exist as a sport over here in the UK but I did see some of the Olympic coverage - only so I could catch a glimpse of QMII watching the Danish teams I have to confess! However what I saw of it, it looked far more exciting than our national sport football (yawn) but then I'm a cricket fan so what do I know about sport :)

- but Denmark really has gone handball mad right now! (Small wonder since this game is without comparison the best :D;)).
Not all of Denmark :whistling: I couldn´t care less and am a little bit annoyed over the tv-program today... Nothing else but handball IN 7 HOURS :bang::bang::bang:

Nothing else but handball IN 7 HOURS :bang::bang::bang:

I know - I'm enjoying every minute of it ;):flowers:;):flowers: - sorry ;)

LibrarianDaisy, handball is funny in the way that it is so huge in some countries (Scandinavia and Iceland) and then appears a bit randomly across Europe. Germany, France and Spain are of course very good at handball and have some excellent national teams and ligas which attract a lot of the best foreign handball players. Some of the northern African countries have very good teams as well and the same goes for a lot of the Eastern European countries and Russia.
I'm always impressed by teams like Australia which join the World Championships, take some awfully huge beatings each time but show really good sportmanship about it.

Did you know that handball was invented by a Dane? :)

Did you know that handball was invented by a Dane? :)

yes I knew that :) - though today noone would have quessed :bang::bang::bang:

What a strange idea - after 8 consecutive wins and mostly great playing - each and every man on the Danish team decided on a complete off-day. :eek::eek:

Congrats to Spain on a most deserved win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom