The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Here is a video from yesterdays event.

It is sure a great event & its good to see someone like Mary attending, as such events sometimes with big/known figures attract more attention. This event needs all the attention IMO.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

her speech

Old 05-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, May 2nd, Crown Prince Mary attended the official opening of the Consortium of Talent and
Local Government Association conference "Global Denmark" in Hellerup. The second event she attended
yesterday, can be found here!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 05-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Gentry

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm in the right thread, but I'm going to Copenhagen soon and was wondering how I find out Mary's calender so I can try and catch a glimpse of her on one of her visits...
Old 05-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Administrator

That's great to hear, wombat!

You can find the current programme at our extra thread "2012 Danish Calendar" and at the official website
of the Danish Royal Family: "Kalender"!

Enjoy your time in Denmark and good luck for meeting Mary!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Gentry

Well, we saw Mary ! We were walking down the waterside to Amalienborg Palace on Sunday morning and I saw a person just like Mary in joggingclothes doing some stretches.She was sort of hiding away in a little sidelane. I recognized Ziggy first and then Mary.....she politely smiled at us and kept on running. She looks a lot smaller then I thought ( but then I'm 1.83m) and extremely fit and toned! It made our day as it was such an off chance to be in the right place at the right time, lot's of fun!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

That's do cool Wombat! What a delight to see her so informally.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
Well, we saw Mary ! We were walking down the waterside to Amalienborg Palace on Sunday morning and I saw a person just like Mary in joggingclothes doing some stretches.She was sort of hiding away in a little sidelane. I recognized Ziggy first and then Mary.....she politely smiled at us and kept on running. She looks a lot smaller then I thought ( but then I'm 1.83m) and extremely fit and toned! It made our day as it was such an off chance to be in the right place at the right time, lot's of fun!
Oh!!!!! How lucky you are!! Continue, you might be lucky again, and please tell us all!!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat View Post
That's a pretty cool sighting of a royal .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Crown Princess Mary has opened the Tryg Foundation's family house at the University Hospital of Aarhus today,
May 30, 2012. 12 families will be able to live in the house while their child is at hospital.

** BB: Mary besøgte syge børn ** translation **

** tv2oj.dk: Kronprinsesse Mary i Aarhus ** translation **

** jp.dk: Kronprinsesse Mary indviede familiehus ** translation **

** stiften.dk gallery: Mary indvier fristed for syge boern **

** sn.dk gallery: Billeder: Mary indvier trygt familiehus **
Old 05-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Majesty

Thank you, Iceflower

An article from Aarhus Stiftstidende: http://stiften.dk/aarhus/kronprinsessen-kom-til-aarhus
Old 05-31-2012, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Crown Princess Mary has unveilled a new portrait of herself made by artist Gugger Petter, May 31, 2012.
The painting will be shown at The Museum of National History (Fredriksborg Castle) in Hillerod this summer.

The portrait reminds me a bit of Princess Caroline of Monaco's daughter Charlotte Casiraghi

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** sn.dk gallery: Kronprinsessen side om side med Obama **

** avisen.dk gallery: Se Mary afsløre sig selv i aviser **

** ringstednu.dk: Kronprinsessen side om side med Obama ** translation **
Old 05-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Not a bad portrait of Mary at all.
Is this going to stay at the National museum and any reason why a new portrait was done? How often are new portraits done?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

A beautiful portrait, but it resembles Rachel McAdams more than Mary, especially the eyes.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Its a very beautiful portrait
Old 05-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Nobility

thank you iceflower!
That´s very nice portrait of Mary. I agree with Artemisia, it realy resembles Rachel McAdams.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Great outfit for Mary but how many portraits of herself has she unveiled in recent times? Its getting a bit much.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

AFAIK Mary unveiled 3 portraits of herself, one in April 2006 and 2 this year. Then there is the Australian portrait from 2005 which she did not unveil herself.
As I understand it this portrait was commissioned by the National Museum, just like the one in 2006.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

wow i would like to see all of them!!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:38 AM
Administrator

Here are some more additional galleries of the unveilling of the portrait yesterday:

** pp: Princesse Mary : Rayonnante et curieuse face à son portrait en collages **

** galleri.tv2.dk: Mary afslørede portræt **

** sn.dk: Se billeder af Mary på Frederiksborg Slot **

** hilleroed.lokalavisen.dk video: Oplev Mary og Obama sammen i Hilleroed **

** BB gallery: Mary afslører portræt af sig selv på Frederiksborg slot **

** kongehuset.dk: Kronprinsessen deltager i afsløring af nyt portræt på Det Nationalhistoriske Museum **

Tags
crown princess mary, current events, danish royal, danish royals, denmark, denmark crown princess, princess mary current events, princess mary of den mar, royal