Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 5: November 2014 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

To translate the headline it actually says: "The Danes don't care about the trip across the bridge."

The Crown Prince receives massive support from the Danes. The trip across the bridge hasn't shaken his popularity - the support for Frederik is enormous.

I think it must be understood in that way that maybe not indifferent, but rather an expression of we think it was a little thing blown up to something very big.

It's actually reassuring. That if something is blowing totally out of proportion the Danes can think for themselves. And it will be good in the coming period where Denmark is facing general elections. For there we can talk about a press going in circles...

Last night, Frederik was present at the opening ceremony of the World Cup in handball in Qatar. BB noticed that he took a couple of what looked like selfies with his iPhone and he also took a few pictures of the hall. Perhaps to send home to Mary and the children?

Kronprins Frederik til håndboldfest i Qatar | Billed Bladet

Last edited:
I think he should have to wear a scarlet B for crossing that bridge for the rest of his life, or whatever letter begins the word bridge in Danish. As a matter of fact, perhaps I will photo shop a scarlet B on my huge collection of Fred photos this afternoon.

The Scarlet B - :lol: Yeah, why not.

And Mary should wear a scarlet C. - No doubt you recall the uproar a couple of years ago when Mary bicycled back to Amalienborg through the brightly lit streets of downtown Copenhagen - and her front light didn't work! :eek:
They are hardcore criminals them royals! :ninja:

To translate the headline it actually says: "The Danes don't care about the trip across the bridge."

The Crown Prince receives massive support from the Danes. The trip across the bridge hasn't shaken his popularity - the support for Frederik is enormous.

I think it must be understood in that way that maybe not indifferent, but rather an expression of we think it was a little thing blown up to something very big.

It's actually reassuring. That if something is blowing totally out of proportion the Danes can think for themselves. And it will be good in the coming period where Denmark is facing general elections. For there we can talk about a press going in circles...

Last night, Frederik was present at the opening ceremony of the World Cup in handball in Qatar. BB noticed that he took a couple of what looked like selfies with his iPhone and he also took a few pictures of the hall. Perhaps to send home to Mary and the children?

Kronprins Frederik til håndboldfest i Qatar | Billed Bladet

No doubt, some pictures for Christian of his favorite player Mikkel Hansen
Olympics 2012
http://us.hellomagazine.com/imagene...ain-bolt-pose/0-44-92/prince-christian--z.jpg
http://image.gala.de/v1/cms/VY/dk-k...-ORIGINAL-imageGallery_standard.jpg?v=6989361

Last edited:
Our dear fellow member, Polyesco, :flowers: has dug up this startling revelation from a former PET officer: Så ligeglad er kronprinsen: Gik længere ud end til navlen | RokokoPosten
The sensational details can be read in Rokoko Posten.

The PET officer tells us: "We are on the Seychelles back in 2011, where the Crown Prince is walking out into the water when I notice that the water almost reach his waist. Naturally I yell: Stop, only to the navel, Your Highness, but he responds that since he's a majesty he can walk out until the water reach the chest".
This seriously shook the PET officer who adds that the Crown Prince on top of that went into the water well before an hour had passed after the last meal.

But that's not the only shocking thing the PET officer experienced:
In the autumn of 2013 the officer witnessed the Crown Prince running head over heels across Amalienborg Square with a pair of scissors in his hand: "The Prince had been cutting out pictures from Billed Bladet for his scrap-book when he suddenly spotted the new Audi RS 7. Then he rushed across the square to learn whether his mother couldn't persuade someone to give it to him as a present - without even a hint of him putting down the scissors, which as we all know can be extremely dangerous".

Members of the Parliament, predominantly to the left of the political spectrum, have voiced their protests, saying it really is so unfair that no one else but the Crown Prince is allowed to walk further out in the sea than until the water reaches the navel.

Politicians to the right on the other hand dismiss that firmly with the argument that Frederik's superhuman qualities ensure that he has special privileges.
Søren Pind, the most diehard supporter of Frederik says: "The critisism of the Crown Prince is simply insane. We are talking about a person who in so many ways have talents that sets him apart from the rest of the population". Søren Pind refers to Frederik's always dignified behavior, superhuman workload and impressive oratorial talents.
"As far as I am concerned he can go out into the water until it reaches his neck, if he want's to. Or on the water, if he prefer that, because that's something he can do as well".

Frederik is right now present at the first handball match for Denmark during the World Cup in Qatar - the match between Denmark-Argentina.

And during the pause (or what you call it) Frederik has just been on live TV in the Danish VM-studio:

Charming. Since I'm not interested in sport (the husband is) I will not give a summary because I probably hasn't understood anything.

And here you go:

More pictures of Frederik in the studio- and as you can see his charm reached the Danish living rooms. At least out to the wives in the living rooms who only watching sport for the husband's sake, but suddenly got something good to look at. 3 very good looking men :p

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...=26216f4ed58bd746b6dfbcede42b2dee&oe=552B37C3

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1428804531_c71496aca12f35bb8a743286a5fdaf73

https://www.facebook.com/billedbladet/photos/pcb.10152791140962928/10152791140352928/?type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/billedbladet/posts/10152791140962928

Attachments

• IMG_5451.JPG
    IMG_5451.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh they all look so disappointed :lol:

We went from such a good mood in the tv-studio (where Denmark still led the match) to this disappointment after the match :p

Denmark led... and then suddenly...
My husband's facial expressions by the way matched perfectly Frederik's and the coach's expression :lol:

Not a good beginning, Denmark.

Last edited:

Yes, it has also been added to the royal calendar: H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager i højtideligholdelse af 70-året for befrielsen af koncentrationslejren Auschwitz - Kongehuset.

Frederik's attendance was all but officially confirmed last week when the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum posted a list of guests attending the ceremony on their website.

A thread for the commemoration has been made in the 'International Events' forum: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ion-of-auschwitz-january-27-2015-a-37966.html

Denmark's quite disappointing opening match at the World Cup in Qatar two days ago left some disappointing faces after the match. But then it's good to have loyal royal support. It's more than well known that they highly appreciate the support the DRF, and especially Frederik always show them at the World Cup matches.

The Danish team got a special visit in the locker room when Crown Prince Frederik visited them after the match. And the visit helped after the otherwise quite depressed mood after the match there didn't went so well, says national team profile Anders Eggert.

"We think it's great he come down to Qatar and watching us. It's always fun to greet him. He's a fantastic man. And it has always been cozy when he looked over. It gives an extra boost of mood when he's here," he told DR.

Profil jubler efter royalt besøg i omklædningsrummet: Kronprins Frederik er en fantastisk mand - Håndbold | www.bt.dk

Frederik told by the way in the interview in the tv-studio that if they end up in the finals on February the 1th he hope he can come back and be present.

Last edited:
:previous: :whistling: Yeah, what do you call it in English? We say "a storm in a glass of water".

Another thing that Frederik has done that is not on the DRF calendar:bang:. On January 13 2015 he visited a Naval academy and a naval stimulator
http://forsvaret.dk/MST/Nyt og Presse/nationalt/Pages/Kronprinsenmanoevreredefregattilkaj.aspx

"The informal visit had been arranged by the Crown Prince's own desire, and in addition to the simulated port maneuver, demonstrating the school's cadets among other terrestrial navigation of the ship maneuvered by beacons on land."

Frederik in his naval uniform, nothing better!
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...=98b0692706071f8e76e073d4bbd1ea13&oe=55680E4F

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd...._=1433342401_e27e29555c83d04cb40cf05e11b64c9e

Last edited:
It is beyond me why Lene Balleby and her administration don't update the calendar on the website on a daily basis. Surely it can't be so hard and it would spare them for a lot of those stupid "they never work" comments. All in all, I think the DRF needs to step up their social media game.

To be fair to the Danish Royal Court that seems to be a common theme in recent month/year - people have said the same about the British and Swedish royal calendars. You'd think given the fact the media use their websites to report how hard or not the royals work they'd go out of their way to make sure as many events as possible are on there. Maybe its all part of a big plan lol!

It is beyond me why Lene Balleby and her administration don't update the calendar on the website on a daily basis. Surely it can't be so hard and it would spare them for a lot of those stupid "they never work" comments. All in all, I think the DRF needs to step up their social media game.

Agree completely.
So far, 2 events in January have not been on the calendar or even a mention, this and the audience with the minister from Greenland. :bang:
From his trip to Silicon Valley last year, one picture was posted on the DRF website, but yet his sports events, we get more coverage.

Totally agree.

I think and have also heard from BB's Ulrik Ulriksen that it happens a lot and that it has something to do with the royals sometimes actually wish to work and visiting companies and so on without the press around creating chaos, noise and confusion (as they does). So there instead are time for closeness and contemplation and it's a good way to meet people and see how people work in the real daily life without the press around. Probably the reason why Frederik's latest event wasn't written in the calendar. And we can read the informal visit had been arranged at Frederik's own request. But I can see your points and I simply don't understand why the administration never write such things like his audiences in the calendar.

Marys event tomorrow 22th January (which also first had been written in the calendar in the last minute) is for example a private information meeting in the Mental Health Fund she is the patron of. Here there will also be no press coverage. Her next event 25th January is also not written in the calendar. At least not yet...

Have you seen that there will be a joint event for Frederik and Haakon? 12th March will they open the official inauguration of a new submarine cable between Norway and Denmark and two new high-voltage lines coupled with the connection:

Indvielse af dansk-norsk elforbindelse - Kongehuset

Last edited:
Totally agree.

I think and have also heard from BB's Ulrik Ulriksen that it happens a lot and that it has something to do with the royals sometimes actually want to work, visiting companies without the press creating chaos, noise and confusion (as they does). So there is time for closeness and contemplation and it's a good way to meet people and see how people work in the real daily life without the press around. Probably the reason why Frederik's latest event wasn't written in the calendar. And we can read the informal visit had been arranged at Frederik's own request. But I can see your points and I simply don't understand why the administration never write such things like his audiences in the calendar.

Marys event tomorrow 22th January (which also first is written in the calendar in the last minute) is for example a private information meeting in the Mental Health Fund she is the patron of. Here there also will be no press coverage. Her next event 25th January is also not written in the calendar. At least not yet...

Have you seen that there will be a joint event for Frederik and Haakon? 12th March will they open the official inauguration of a new submarine cable between Norway and Denmark and two new high-voltage lines coupled with the connection:

you bring up good points.
In this case, they can add the information/pictures after the event takes place:flowers:

And yes, I noticed this event. Looking forward to it. It always nice to see the collaboration between different royals

I think and have also heard from BB's Ulrik Ulriksen that it happens a lot and that it has something to do with the royals sometimes actually wish to work and visiting companies and so on without the press around creating chaos, noise and confusion (as they does). So there instead are time for closeness and contemplation and it's a good way to meet people and see how people work in the real daily life without the press around.

I can understand that they want to do informal visits but I still don't understand why these visits can't be added to the calendar after they've taken place. A couple of photos and/or a short description of what and where has taken place and added to a 'Other events' reserved for informal visits, meetings and audiences.

BTW, I got the impression, that the event on 12. March is a "joint" event for Frederik and Haakon, where Haakon is in Kristiansand Norway and Frederik in Denmark at the other end of the cable. Did I get that right?

:previous: You get it right :flowers: Frederik in Denamrk near Viborg (Jutland) and Haakon in Kristiansand in Norway. The official opening will be common to both countries and will be transmitted on large tv-screens between Norway and Denmark.

BB informs us today the Victoria and Haakon will join Frederik at Auschwitz later this month.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #4, 2015.
Written by Casper Nielsen.

As you know Frederik has been in Qatar supporting the Danish handball team. (They could do better! I will not repeat Mrs. Muhler's opinion of their play after their draw with Germany here, lest I'd be banned for using most inappropriate words...:p Personally I believe life is to short for handball. Counting the thorns on a cactus being so much more meaningful).

Frederik said that he would return to see the Danish team should they end up in the finals (that'll be the day): "When the big games are on it's apropiate to travel out in the world and offer support. Handball is a game that is big in Denmark. I count on the team to tangent their score - that is that they get to the semi-finals - and I clearly sense from the players that they will be surprised if they don't get there.
If they end up in the finals it will be on 1. February and then you can count on me standing here on the ringside". (Frederik is sometimes a real challenge to translate!)

Frederik also ended up as a commentator on TV2 sending live. (*)
Morten Ankerdal, the sports-anchor, said afterwards: We simply asked the Crown Prince whether he wished to attend and he came right away. It was completely uncomplicated. The Crown Prince is genuinely interested in sports and it always surprises the players that he really can remember them by name and often also their accomplishments. After all the Crown Prince meets a lot of people.
The World Championships in Handball also takes place far away for many Danes, but that the Crown Prince shows the flag is a big moral pad on the back for the team.
Former national coach, Ulrik Wilbek actually presented him, with a twinkle in eye, as the new national coach of Denmark".

(*) And in that process doubling the standard, even considering Frederik's often very quirky way of expressing himself!
Sports commentators often sporting remarkable observations like: "The team that gets a ball in the net first will have scored". - No kidding!!
Or "Huttelihut" when lacking the cognitive abilities to form an coherent sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just heard on the news that Frederik will go to Saudi Arabia tomorrow, Saturday, representing the DRF at the funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom