Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 4: May 2013 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crown Prince Frederik attended the ICF Canoe Marathon World Championships 2013 in Bagsværd this afternoon, September 20:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** aok.dk gallery **

Last edited:
:previous:thank you for the pictures:flowers:

Busy day for Frederik after accompanying the Vietnam President to the Confederation of Danish Industry this morning

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #38, 2013.
Prins vandhund - Prince water hound.
Written by our coastal reporter Ken Richter.

Recently Frederik went to the west coast of Jutland as patron for Kia Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup 2013. Here 32 surfers competed in what is apparantly the best surfs in Northern Europe.
- Allow me to brag...eeh, inform you about Cold Hawaii: This is for real men or real wifemen! This isn't like surfing in the tropics, where you at worst have to worry about bumping into a shark and where you can wear shorts. Ha! That's for chickens.
No, this is the North Sea, where you face and hands become numb within minutes all year round and where the underwater holes can drag you under. (Seriously, it cost the lives of a couple of tourists every year).

Frederik is a novice when it comes to surfing, let alone windsurfing. As such he competed against a bunch of local 8-14 years old surfers - and they knew what they were doing, Frederik didn't...
Frederik acknowledged that fact when he gave up: "When you are no better, don't do it.
It's been 30 years since I tried surfing and I never really got started but I can tell there has been a big developement with the equipment.
It's too late for me to become as good as those out there on the water. But it motivated me a lot and I'd like to pass it on to my children. In my world it's about not putting all eggs in one basket but I'd like to try/challenge myself and keep hanging on for long periods.
I'll require at least two thousand hours in order to surfe like the best. That must wait for my second life". (*)

After having been beaten by the children Frederik went on to watch the actual championships in surfing. Here he again donned a wet suit and mounted a jetski, and that was something Frederik was much more comfortable with!

- Klitmøller, where "Cold Hawaii" is located is about an hour or so from Trend, so perhaps Frederik will go there when the family is on weekends and holidays there. The autumn holiday is coming up.
Because as I know Frederik he will not rest until he is more proficient for the competition next year.

(*) Well, at least he doesn't blame it on the weather, the equipment, the tilt of the Earth and cosmic radiation, like so many athletes are in the habit of. A certain national soccer team shall remain unmentioned here...

Last edited:
Since Frederik has made sport so much an important issue for him, I guess we can put this here under official events: Kronprins Frederik i ny fysisk udfordring - Royale | www.bt.dk
HQ pic of Frederik: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/file...-mountainbike-marathon-kronprins-frederik.jpg

Today, the largest mountainbike race in DK took place and along with 2.000 other cyclists Frederik completed the 103 kilometre trek in five hours ten minutes.

Frederik said afterwards: "It's much easier when it's dry and there isn't so much mud but it's still a challenge to see how far you dare put yourself on the edge.
The first time I participated was in the worst weather, but this time the weather has been the best. When you take part for a number of times you develope a rythm with such a weather like this".

(Our news hunters can find more in the local papers).

Last edited:
http://drupal-images.tv2.dk/sites/images.tv2.dk/files/t2img/2013/09/26/960x540/1620499-Kronprins%20Frederik%20og%20Preben%20Elkj%C3%A6r%20p%C3%A5%20TV%202.jpg

On the occasion of TV2's 25th birthday (a Danish television channel) CP Frederik and our popular retired Danish professional footballer, now Danish sports commentator Preben Elkjær agreed to together relive some of the greatest sports moments from the last quarter century - clip there is selected by TV2. I think they were recorded a few days ago .. The show airs on Saturday.

Article
Kronprinsen og Elkjær til fødselsdag på TV 2 | tvtid

Last edited:
http://drupal-images.tv2.dk/sites/i...onprins Frederik og Preben Elkjær på TV 2.jpg

On the occasion of TV2's 25th birthday (a Danish television channel) CP Frederik and our popular retired Danish professional footballer, now Danish sports commentator Preben Elkjær agreed to together relive some of the greatest sports moments from the last quarter century - clip there is selected by TV2. I think they were recorded a few days ago .. The show airs on Saturday.

Article
Kronprinsen og Elkjær til fødselsdag på TV 2 | tvtid

is this in relation to the event Joachim attended today?
Nice of Frederik to do this, seeing as he is a big supporter of Danish sports. :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #40, 2013.
Slog sin egen rekord - Beat his own record.
Written by our pedalling reporter Karina Didriksen.

As you know Frederik took part in the Medrida MTB Marathon last weekend and he was among 1.075 cyclists who started at 09.00 Sunday morning.

After 33 KM Frederik arrived at the first pitstop, where his PET officers waited with refreshments and pumped his tires. He said to our reporter: "Right now things are going pretty well".

The winner crossed the finishing line at 12.45 and around 14.00 Frederik crossed the line as number 449 in the time 5:10:03. Twenty minutes faster than last year.
Frederik confided to our reporter: "That's just cool but this weather is also a reward". (It poured down last year).
But he had had to stop twice to attend a flat tire: "I've had two flat tires underway, because I drove with tires without tubes, which were torn on the roots - that's what's called a lesson learned. So I had to stop and put in tubes and all sorts of foam. And one can always feel annoyed that if I hadn't rode without tubes I would have completed the race in under five hours".

The training for the ironman helped a lot because: "It wasn't as streneous as the other years - and if you take part a sufficiently number of times, you end up with a weather like this". Which was perfect.

Olimpiados start

Frederik will start Financial Basics Olympic games for schoolchildren. He will answer children's questions

Last edited:
Olimpiados start

Frederik will start Financial Basics Olympic games for schoolchildren. He will answer children's questions

Thank you, Spheno. :)

Forgive me I cannot resist: What is Financial Basics Olympics? 100 meter sprint for accountants? Or water polo for stock brokers?

Olimpiados start

How nice. Frederik really shines in events with kids.
This event appears to be part of his trip to Lithuania on Oct 8 to the 10th

On the 30th October Frederik will visit Israel. Kronprinsen rejser til Israel - Udland | www.bt.dk

The occasion being that it is now 70 years since the Danish Jews were attempted being round up by the Nazis. - Only a few hundred out of some 7.000 ended up in concentration camps and of those some 150 died.
The vast majority ended up in Sweden, the rest went "underground" here in DK.

The visit will last one day, where Frederik will meet with the Israeli President and visit the holocaust museum.

This will be the first time a member of the DRF will visit Israel.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:thanks.
A very important and special visit indeed. :flowers:

Here's one more picture

While I adore his red pants I know someone who won't :D
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1t24zZXzgb0/UjyJJ6kIYfI/AAAAAAAAk1o/7n1kcMD44HY/s912/Foto%202.jpg
That's not red . . . that's rust.

I love that Frederik is not afraid of colour but I have to wonder why he just rings the changes with his trousers. You know, rust to . . . well . . . karitane yellow! :D

But colour aside, Denmark has a real role model in their Crown Prince. His athleticism and willingness to be beaten by 8-14 year old kids says it all. He doesn't have to be first across the line but he really shows it's playing the game and how you play the game that counts. Hey if it's good enough for the CP then it's good enough for the kids.

Terrific!

Frederik is now in Israel.

pictures
Crown Prince of Denmark visits Yad Vashem in Jerusalem | Demotix.com

He looks very well, and not tired at all after a long flight

Article on Frederik meeting the president of Israel

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark: 1st Scandinavian royal to visit Israel | JPost | Israel News

"The prince, who was accompanied by Danish Minister for Education Christine Antonini, is not only the first Danish royal to visit Israel, but the first Scandinavian royal.":flowers:

"The prince's visit is in commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the rescue of Danish Jewry. Earlier in the day, he attended a memorial ceremony at Yad Vashem and toured the Holocaust history museum. He was said that it was "fantastic to be in Israel" and witness the positive story of World War Two and the rescue of Danish Jews on small boats that took them to Sweden's shores, which was something he would remember all his life."

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom