The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Another picture of Frederik and Obama at the Mandela memorial. Nice handshake
http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/ar...a_1015684m.jpg

Old 12-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

HRH The Crown Prince, who this year received Polka Verner scholarship at the Skanderborg Festival, now provides scholarship on the Spot Festival.

The Crown Prince was honored on 7 August of this year Skanderborg Festival and conditional in advance, the amount should be passed in support of Danish music.

Spot Festival receives support at 202.158 DKK for their work to promote Danish music abroad.

The Crown Prince said:
It was a great pleasure for me to receive Polka Verner scholarship - and it is no less when I can now pass it on to the support of the Danish rhythmic music scene. Along with the festival the people in Skanderborg, I have chosen Spot Festival as a recipient of aid. Spot Festival makes a great effort to promote Danish music, especially to other countries - and it is a pleasure to be able to support their work with money from Polka Verner scholarship.

H.K.H. Kronprinsen giver Polka Verner Legatet til Spot Festival - Kongehuset

Old 12-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Small photo of Frederik visiting KFUM (YMCA) soldiers home at Camp Bastion, during his visit to troops in Afghanistan earlier this month

http://iloapp.kfums-soldaterhjem.dk/...1387287466.jpg
Old 01-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Upcoming trip for Frederik
"HRH Crown Prince pays an official visit to Abu Dhabi on 20-22nd January"
Old 01-19-2014, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Crown Prince Frederik's visit to Abu Dhabi, UAE can be found in the
Crown Prince Frederik's official visit: January 20-22, 2014
Thread
Old 02-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Frederik arriving to today's audience and government reshuffle
http://images.scribblelive.com/2014/...e030b68866.jpg

: )
Old 02-06-2014, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics and information about Crown Prince Frederik attending the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
can be found at our extra subforum.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Frederik is now listed as being regent from Feb 22 to March 1st. so i guess his last day in Sochi is the 21st.
He has an Audience on the 24th and state Council the 26th.
He will also be regent on March 3rd, and March 6 through the 8th
Old 02-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, I guess QMII is away on her annual winter holiday in Norway.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very short article on the Audience held today by Frederik. He is regent until March 1st. There is also a state council on the 26th.

55 i audiens hos kronprins Frederik - Navne

"On Monday, 55 people showed up for an audience with Crown Prince Frederik to thank for orders, distinctions and medals"

why cant there be pictures?
Old 02-27-2014, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Crown Prince Frederik is responsible for presentation of Building Climate, Energy and Environment Awards in the trade fair "Byggeri'14" in Fredericia Exhibition Centre, Western Ring Road 101, Fredericia, at. 15.00.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8856179&type=3

Another pic
http://www.tvsyd.dk/modules/xphoto/c..._0_0_0_0_2.jpg

and short article
http://www.tvsyd.dk/artikel/233295:K...uddelte-priser

Another picture of today's event
http://jmimg.no.publicus.com/storyim...229563/AR/0/AR-
Old 02-27-2014, 03:12 PM
Gentry

CP Frederik is scheduled to run the Vasaloppet Sunday March 2nd. The Vasaloppet is a marathon cross country skiing race held in Sweden. It commemorates a run by King Gustav Vasa in 1520. Since 1922 the Vasaloppet has been an annual event. The distance is 90km (55miles). In 2012 the CP finished the Vasaloppet in 6hrs 36min 32 secs. Pippa Middleton was also in the race that year. The CP was also in the race last year and finished in more or less the same time.
Good luck!
Old 02-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

One more pic from yesterday's event
http://plimg.no.publicus.com/storyim...-703049635.jpg
Old 03-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

This may belong in a Swedish thread, if so I can't find it.

BB informs us that Frederik has completed the Vasa run in Sweden today.
Kronprinsen kæmpede sig i mål i Vasaloppet | Billed Bladet

The high temperature today, meant that the snow was heavy and watery, resulting in the track being more strenous to navigate.
As such Frederik made it in seven hours 22 minutes, a little less than an hour more than last year.
16.000 took part.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness

And here's a picture: http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/ar...0_1047635m.jpg

Article and picture from Eb.dk Ekstra Bladet - Kronprinsen gennemfører Vasaløbet for tredje gang

Eb tells that Frederik began the 90 kilometers race early this morning. It's the third time our sport prince participates and completes the race. This man's physical condition is impressive!

Article and video from Expressen.se: Danske kronprinsen: "Det var hårt i spåret" | Sport KVP

Frederik interviewed by the Swedish newspaper:

"I'm satisfied, although it was hard out there in the tracks. But I think it was fantastic, a really good arrangement."

Q: How much has the Prince been training for this year's Vasaloppet?

- "Not so much on snow. But I have a "strength machine" at home and I have practiced roller skis. I'm also glad I managed to practice in the snow in Sochi when I was there during the Olympics."

Q: Many participants have complained about bad tracks. The Prince was never close to giving up during the race?

- "No, not at all. I needed to finish."

Q: Are you satisfied with the time?

- "Oh yes, I think it felt fine although the tracks were a bit loose."

Q: How do the Prince celebrate the finish in Vasaloppet?

- "Now I will enjoy something warm to drink and eat and then I will go home to my family."

(I smiled me through the whole video when listening to Frederik speaking his Danish-Swedish)
Old 03-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Courtier

^^fun to see the difference from the sweaty active fred at the race yesterday to the well dressed frederik in black suits the other day;-)
http://31.media.tumblr.com/9fc578152...jme9o1_250.png
https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.ne...78526532_n.jpg
Old 03-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

Two HQ pictures from kongehuset.dk

http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/...lobet-2014.img
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/...bet-2014-2.img
Old 03-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Heir Apparent

That man is quite, quite, mad! You have to admire the dedication of long distance athletes, they are really in it for the long haul. What a wonderful example he is to not only the young men and women of Denmark but also to his contemporaries. Sitting at a desk day in day out will kill you.

ps: I guess this is current event related as I have to admit, I currently very much admire his face fur which not only looks very attractive but gives another layer of warmth in his very cold pursuits!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Copenhagen is hosting the IAAF/AL-Bank World Half Marathon Championships tomorrow, March 29th .

Frederik will be attending a dinner tonight for the IAAF, March 28 and tomorrow March 29 he will be launching the half marathon.

an article on the event
World Half Marathon Athletics Better World Copenhagen
“It’s a win-win situation for local organisers, the IAAF and the sport of road running. I am confident it will lead to increased interest in hosting the championships and a boost to the overall profile of the IAAF World Half Marathon Championships as a global sporting festival.
“The mass participation race, like the elite races, will start and finish in front of the Danish Parliament. This shows the commitment of the Danish authorities, and especially his Royal Highness the Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, an IOC member since 2009, who is fully behind this event as well.”

"There will be two starts. Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt will start the Elite women at 12.30, and His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik starts the Elite men and the 30,000 recreational runners off at 12.55.
"The starting pistol symbolises the end of the runners as well as organisers preparations and marks the beginning of the competition and celebration of running. We are honoured that His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik and Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt have agreed to participate in this event as starters of the IAAF/AL-Bank World Half Marathon Championships," says Director of the Danish Athletic Federation, Jacob Larsen.

Denmark is the perfect example of how a rather small country can punch above its weight and set example for other countries around the world. The story of Copenhagen is a story about a host city with the proven ability to organise successful events in creative, green and beautiful surroundings. "

edited
while looking for pics of the dinner, i found this one
not sure if its related but it looks like a nice room
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bi9IeX1IgAAI04-.jpg:medium

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown prince frederik current events, danish crown prince, prince frederik