Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 3: September 2010 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh Prince Frederik Looks Wonderfull With The Kids , Really Nice Pictures , Thanx For Posting iceflower

I completely agree Prince Frederik always does great in events when children are involved.

Condidering an earlier debate on another thread about how little work the Crown Prince does, Frederik seems to have a pretty active schedule.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #17, 2012.
Frederik løb forrest - Frederik ran in the front.
Written by Ken Richter.

Frederik attended the opening of the School Olympics in Viborg (located in north-central Jutland) and here 190 schools nationwide will compete. The finals will take place in Copenhagen on the 6. June. - And Frederik's attendance is a pretty sure guess.

Frederik started by telling the some 200 pupils from the 4., 5., and 6. grades about the Olympic Games and his relationship to sport. It was pretty cool when passed round a genuine Olympic torch with the words: "With the torch the Olympic fire is lit and it burns all days while the Olympic Games lasts". He also answered questions from the pupils.
Among the questiosn was whether he and Joachim competed as children.
Frederik replied: "We have never really competed but we have played tennis and soccer together. Generally speaking we have had fun by doing sports together".
But he recalled that he did beat his brother once: That was at the school where there was a competition between the classes in rounders (= a kind of simple baseball). We could win a piece of pastry if we beat Joachim's class and then it was about doing a good job. Fortunately we won and that made a big impression on me".

Then it was outside for a 400 meter sprint. Frederik ran effortlessly in the front with all the pupils at his heels.

Crown Prince Frederik participated in the "Find your way in Denmark - Day" organized by the DIF and the
Danish Orienteering Federation for fast runners, Nordic walkers and families with strollers in Birkerød today,
April 28 and got strong support by Princess Isabella and Prince Christian :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** findveji.dk ** gallery **

** bt.dk: Frederik fandt vej i skoven ** ppe gallery **

** do-f.dk: Kongelig åbning af 'Find vej i Danmark'-dagen ** translation **

** sn.dk gallery: Christian og Isabella løb med far **

** hola: Federico de Dinamarca y sus hijos los príncipes Christian e Isabella se echan a la carrera **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery: Kruununprinssi Frederik ulkoilee lastensa kanssa **

** purepeople: Le prince Frederik et ses adorables Christian et Isabella perdus dans les bois ? **

Here's another great large gallery:

** starlounge.dk.msn.com: Frederik i skoven med Christian og Isabella **

** kongehuset.dk: Kronprinsen deltager i "Find Vej I Danmark"-dagen **

Last edited:
:previous: It's great that Frederik is enjoying some good quality time with Christian and Isabella. They all appeared to have a great time.

:previous: Yes, and I think it's a wise move to expose the children to press and public glare so early on.

Thanks iceflower and fairy tale.
Great photos.

Although the weather seems to be murky, by all the pics that we see, it was a lot of fun . It is so nice to see Frederik and the children enjoying these outdoor activites, beats sitting on the couch.
Christian and Isabella come across as a couple of very happy and secure kids.

The kids seems to have a great day with their father. :)

Summery of article in Billed Bladet #18, 2012.
Tour de Christian.
Written by our man in the woods Ulrik Ulriksen.

As you know Frederik was to put focus on the Find the way initiative aiming at getting people and noy least children out in the nature to get some excersize and fresh air.
As such you can can find and print a number of routes of differing degrees of lengths and difficulty and run your very own orienteering runs at your own time.

It was however a surprise that Frederik showed up with two of his children. It was apparantly planned that he would bring Christian along but in the very last moment Bella asked (*) if she could come as well.
Okay, Frederik was to start the junior run (about 1½ kilometre or so) by cutting a ribbon. He handed over the scissors to Christian who with a bit of concentration managed the job fine.
Finally! Time to run. The pace was fairly laid back initially but that was way too slow for Christian so he darted ahead and had to wait for dad and Bella to catch up at the first post.
After a brief instruction in how to clip your card it was off again. Christian took the lead again. - Way ahead. And just before the finishing line Frederik had to call out: "Christian, wait a moment. You need to have the card in your hand, when you cross the finishing line. Come back". Okay... That triviality taken care off Christian darted over the finishing line, determined to be the first.

Having completed the run it was time for a mini carton of cocoa. Isabella who was pretty worn out had a few problems with the straw. (**) A proud Frederik said: "Well done, kids". (***)

A passing women asked: "Was it difficult to find the way out in the forest, Christian"? Christian replied: "No, not particularly".

Frederik was pretty pleased with the initiative: "This thing about orienteering enables you to better motivate the young to run. It's almost a kind of treasure hunt for the children. This Find the Way in Denmark is a good initiative. A good way way increase the numbers of orienteering runs and excersize for everyone in general".

He added: "I can only say positive things about the run. Orienteering makes it more fun to excersize. Prince Christian also thought it was fun. We already started to talk about this morning at home. We then went on the Net and I explained a bit to him about orienteering. And when we had started, he was ready for us to go out and experience something. So it was just go for both of us. It was fun for me to watch. I also think it went really well for us out on the route. It was easy (****) and good for children and adults. It was the first orienteering for the children and I think they managed the run really well. Both Christian and Isabella".

(*) Read: Insisted = plagued. :p

(**) There are some charming pics of Bella fumbling in the article, so look out for the online version.

(***) Actually the expression he used is a bit old fashioned. Substitute with a similar expression in your own language.

(****) No wonder! Frederik has run countless and much, much more difficult orienteering runs in the military.

Last edited:
:previous: As always Muhler thank you for the translations :flowers:.

Isabella is probably like most little sisters who want to follow their big brothers. :)

Last edited:
:previous: Terrific photo's. I love Frederik's grin, it makes him look like a kid having fun which, to be honest, is exactly what he was doing. His casual dress style is great but you really have to feel for poor old Daniel, dressed up like a dogs dinner, looking to attend a Board meeting instead of an Ice Hockey game!

Dress notwithstanding, it looks like Daniel was taking great pleasure in rubbing poor old Frederik's (and Denmark's) nose in the mud! You've got to love good sportsmanship and friendly rivalry!

Summery of article in Billed Bladet #18, 2012.
Tour de Christian.
Written by our man in the woods Ulrik Ulriksen.

As you know Frederik was to put focus on the Find the way initiative aiming at getting people and noy least children out in the nature to get some excersize and fresh air.
As such you can can find and print a number of routes of differing degrees of lengths and difficulty and run your very own orienteering runs at your own time.

It was however a surprise that Frederik showed up with two of his children. It was apparantly planned that he would bring Christian along but in the very last moment Bella asked (*) if she could come as well.
Okay, Frederik was to start the junior run (about 1½ kilometre or so) by cutting a ribbon. He handed over the scissors to Christian who with a bit of concentration managed the job fine.
Finally! Time to run. The pace was fairly laid back initially but that was way too slow for Christian so he darted ahead and had to wait for dad and Bella to catch up at the first post.
After a brief instruction in how to clip your card it was off again. Christian took the lead again. - Way ahead. And just before the finishing line Frederik had to call out: "Christian, wait a moment. You need to have the card in your hand, when you cross the finishing line. Come back". Okay... That triviality taken care off Christian darted over the finishing line, determined to be the first.

Having completed the run it was time for a mini carton of cocoa. Isabella who was pretty worn out had a few problems with the straw. (**) A proud Frederik said: "Well done, kids". (***)

A passing women asked: "Was it difficult to find the way out in the forest, Christian"? Christian replied: "No, not particularly".

Frederik was pretty pleased with the initiative: "This thing about orienteering enables you to better motivate the young to run. It's almost a kind of treasure hunt for the children. This Find the Way in Denmark is a good initiative. A good way way increase the numbers of orienteering runs and excersize for everyone in general".

He added: "I can only say positive things about the run. Orienteering makes it more fun to excersize. Prince Christian also thought it was fun. We already started to talk about this morning at home. We then went on the Net and I explained a bit to him about orienteering. And when we had started, he was ready for us to go out and experience something. So it was just go for both of us. It was fun for me to watch. I also think it went really well for us out on the route. It was easy (****) and good for children and adults. It was the first orienteering for the children and I think they managed the run really well. Both Christian and Isabella".

(*) Read: Insisted = plagued. :p

(**) There are some charming pics of Bella fumbling in the article, so look out for the online version.

(***) Actually the expression he used is a bit old fashioned. Substitute with a similar expression in your own language.

(****) No wonder! Frederik has run countless and much, much more difficult orienteering runs in the military.
Thanks for this Muhler! I am so in awe of how the Crown Prince actually practices what he preaches, to the extent of involving his children in sport! Of course orienteering is much more fun than boring old running, good for Prince Frederik and good for you Muhler for translating:flowers:

Wonder if Fred had time to visit the new baby?

:previous:

Thanks iceflower.

Gosh, Frederik would hardly have had time to say hello to the children.

You have to love that man! Blue trousers, pink shirt, black tie, and a brown tweed jacket . . . . . and him married to a natural born fashionista. He really is his own man and he certainly marches to the beat of a different drum. ;)

He seems to be seen more and more in the public but on his terms. Not for him the suave sophistication of a regulation, boring black, or Gray suit, oh no, kids don't really relate to "businessmen". But they do relate to slightly rumpled looking Dads in pink shirts. And that's the audience that matters. :ROFLMAO:

When the time finally comes, I think he is going to make a smashing King. :flowers:

Today June 5th, 2012 Crown Prince awarded the first prize in the Nordic Council of Ministers competition "The Future We Want - Drop by Drop" - the North Atlantic House in Copenhagen.

The winner was Daniele Gaspari from Italy.

A picture of the winning art work and a short article.
The future we want, drop by drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom