Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 3: September 2010 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Welcome to Crown Prince Frederik's Current Events Part 3 where you can post current news, articles, picture links, and comments about Frederik's activities.

Have a look at the TRF Rules
before posting:

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
You can read the old topic, Part 2, here.

Happy posting!

dazzling, iceflower and JessRulz
The Danish Moderating Team

Last edited:

Crown Prince Frederik attended the inauguration of Queen Ingrid's
glockenspiel at Sankt Gertruds church in Grena, October 9, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Was hoping that Mary would make a surprise visit with Fred at this event.

Seems to have trimmed his beard a bit, and yes for this event I was hoping to see either Mary or Margrethe.

Crown Prince Frederik is present at inauguration of Queen Ingrid's Bells of St. Gertrude's Church, Grenaa. October 09, 2010

Video:

TV 2 Nyhederne - Video

Ooops! Don't know what happened - I could see them previously!:lol:
This is the link Polfoto - Når ord ikke er nok ...
Click on "photographers" at the top of the page; Choose the letter "K" and photographer KHAN, TARIQ MIKKEL
The photos are on his page

This guy is bored to death Watching him while he's on duty makes me sleepy Why don't they let him go sailing or partying every single day ? Royal duties are so boring I so pity him

When I saw the thumbnails of the pictures I thought it was Ari Behn. :confused: :lol:

Why don't they let him go sailing or partying every single day ? Royal duties are so boring I so pity him

Because then he would be seen as a rather bad Crown Prince.

Not all Royal Duties are boring, some "have to be done" like the State Open of Parliament, and even the Queen falls asleep at that. But you can usually see that most royals chose to do engagements that they are more comfortable with. For instance Frederik and his sailing, Mary and her passion for Heart Disease.

Frederik hasn't been a party boy for a long time, and he had enough trouble with partying when he was younger.

What do you mean by that ' he had enough trouble'?

"That's so boring"

How can you say that?

Frederik hasn't been a party boy for a long time, and he had enough trouble with partying when he was younger.

Lumutqueen, I hope you don't mind if I ask you again. But what did you mean by that? Enough trouble??

How can I say that ? What do you think I find boring ? Not Mary's involvement in the Danish Heart Association of course

Lumutqueen, I hope you don't mind if I ask you again. But what did you mean by that? Enough trouble??

Frederik earned his name The Playboy Prince when he was younger, he partied hard from what i've looked at and seen. But he grew up around the 2000 mark. :)
And ask again, I didn't realise you had asked before?

How can I say that ? What do you think I find boring ? Not Mary's involvement in the Danish Heart Association of course

Well I explained why Mary is involved with the Danish Heart Association and you say "Gosh, that's so boring" I was slightly confused.

I understand this We're fine now More messages of support and admiration coming I'll be right back

Thank you, Lumutqueen! :flowers: Yes, I asked on page 1, but it doesn't matter.

Not all Royal Duties are boring, some "have to be done" like the State Open of Parliament, and even the Queen falls asleep at that. But you can usually see that most royals chose to do engagements that they are more comfortable with. For instance Frederik and his sailing, Mary and her passion for Heart Disease.

Frederik has his sailing and Mary has her shopping.........neither of which are Royal Duties.......

Uncalled for comments I agree, however I recently read an article regarding people seeing others negatively I found it quite interesting.

A recent study in the US by Prof Dustin Wood, found that people that described another person in a positive light shows how satisfied they are with their own life.
In contrast a negative perception of others are linked to higher levels of narcississm and anti social behaviour." The tendency to see people negatively indicates a greater likelihood of depression and personality disorders"

The study was in the Journal of Personality and Social Behaviour.

Thank you marfre I agree totally. I am just tired of all the garbage being spewed around. The ones about the children are the ones that trouble me the most.

Thank you for the explanation Marfre. That certainly explains a number of rather common nature in this thread ;) I suppose we should just feel pity where pity is due!

Let's get back to the topic, CP Frederik's current events!

Frederik has his sailing and Mary has her shopping.........neither of which are Royal Duties.......

Frederik has patronages that cover his love of sailing, and Mary has patronages that cover shopping.
When they shop or sail for personal use, it is in there own time and does not clash with royal duties.
Plus I never said anything about shopping for Mary, so why quote my post?

Frederik has named a new frigate today. In the Odense Staalskibsvaerft on the island of Funen.

A bit of info from Fyens Stiftstidende: http://www.fyens.dk/article/1720303:Busine...-foerste-fregat
http://www.fyens.dk/article/1720958:Busine...-fregatten-navn

Frederik unveiled the name of the new frigate, Iver Huitfeldt. And as this is the first of three new frigates, this class will be known as the Iver Huitfeldt class.
At the same time her coat of arms was unveiled as well. All the coat of arms on the navy ships are approved by Queen Margrethe.
In keeping with an old tradition the largest and most powerful ships in the Danish navy are named after naval heroes.

The building of these three frigates is a part of the ongoing transition of the Danish military, this time the navy, from national defence to operating far away from home.
A typical mission for a ship of the Iver Huitfeldt class could be enforcing a naval blocade or hunting for pirates off the coast of Africa, which is indeed what the Danish is supposed to aid African nations in doing in the next few years. Mainly in helping to build up a local and efficient coast guard but also in preventing pirate attacks in international waters. Currently about 10 % of the world's commercial shipping originate in some way or another in Denmark.
The problem with pirate hunting as seen off Somalia, is that it has a limited effect. Unless the pirates are caught redhanded, there actually very little the various nations warships can, or rather is allowed to, do. They sink the odd mothership from time to time, but most suspected pirates are turned lose again, because it's too much trouble to try them at a court.
The local coast guard (from Somaliland) is much more feared and basically much more efficient, but their resources are hopelessly limited.
Unless the warships are allowed to take much more firm action, they are, in my opinion, basically little more than armed cruise ships. But few politicians are willing to take on that responsibillity.
Supporting a local coast guard with money and equipment would be much cheaper and, alas, much more efficient.

According to BT online, Frederik will represent the royal family on Friday, at the burial of one of the fathers of the Greenlandic home rule, Jonathan Motzfeldt. At the same time, a memorial service will be held for the well-known Greenlandic politician in Copenhagen where queen Margrethe will be present.

Link to article in BT: Frederik deltager i Motzfeldts begravelse - Danmark - BT.dk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom