Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 3: September 2010 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

Crown Prince Frederik has opened the exhibition "Per Kirkeby and Greenland" and attended a
dinner following the opening at Ordrupgaard in Charlottenlund yesterday, February 23, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** sn.dk gallery **

Crown Prince Frederik will be receiving the Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the State of Qatar for lunch in Frederik VIII's Palace, Amalienborg, at. 13.00. tomorrow.

The Crown Prince has been regent from Feb. 21 to March 1

From the Danish Royal Calendar
Kalender - Kongehuset

this is my first post, so i apologize if this is in the wrong spot : )

Congratulations on your first post. :flowers:

It's perhaps hardly a conincidence that the PM and Foreign Minister from Qatar is in DK.
Qatar is, IRRC, one of the most outspoken countries for an intervention of some sort in Syria and Denmark currently holds the chairmanship in EU.
EU has just tighten the sanction screw even more against Syria. Including freezing various Syrian assets and basically declared members of the Syrian regime persona non grata in EU.

- I must confess that I fail to see the purpose of the EU president. The old question about who do you call when you want to get in contact with EU is still valid....

Crown Prince Frederik will be receiving the Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the State of Qatar for lunch in Frederik VIII's Palace, Amalienborg, at. 13.00. tomorrow.

Kalender - Kongehuset

Last edited:

Kalender - Kongehuset

Prime Minister chairs official talks in Denmark
Article & picture

Better quality pictures
http://www.imagebam.com/image/2dc82c177507547
http://www.imagebam.com/image/277489177507552
http://www.imagebam.com/image/aa116f177507559

Last edited:
:previous:

Yesterday, March 3rd, Frederik trained at Salen, Sweden, he photographed himself with his iPhone
before he changed and went off on a practice round with bodyguards and friends. To the Swedish
newspaper Expressen he said: "I look forward to the race. I'm hoping to reach the finishing line
within seven hours. We do not have much snow in Denmark, but I've trained a lot on roller skis.
This is a fantastic event which I look forward to participating in. The weather and the surrounding
is fantastic."

So with less than 7 hours he was better than he had hoped :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And more pics from today, March 4:

:previous:

Yesterday, March 3rd, Frederik trained at Salen, Sweden, he photographed himself with his iPhone
before he changed and went off on a practice round with bodyguards and friends. To the Swedish
newspaper Expressen he said: "I look forward to the race. I'm hoping to reach the finishing line
within seven hours. We do not have much snow in Denmark, but I've trained a lot on roller skis.
This is a fantastic event which I look forward to participating in. The weather and the surrounding
is fantastic."

So with less than 7 hours he was better than he had hoped :)

And more pics from today, March 4:

It looks like he's having a fun time.

it shows on the official calendar that crown prince Frederik participated in the Royal Danish Geographical Society's meeting,on March 6th. Have there been any pictures? or articles?

Last edited:
Prince Frederik Looks Nice , Like The Pictures Thanx iceflower

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

Summary of a note in Billed Bladet #14, 2012.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Who priase Frederik for a good speech.
The National Art Gallery came about after the second Christiansborg burned down in 1884.
Frederik even became poetic: "Let me be a little poetic: The ravages of the flames became the seed to the National Art Gallery".

After the speech Frederik, who is very interested in art, walked around and had a look and chatted with people. One of whom he knows well from the art in his own home.
Frederik noted the man from his rostrum when he was giving his speech: "I see that one of the artists, whom the Crown Princess and I are enthusiastic about, is here today. It's good to see you (informal you) John Kørner"

Thank you Iceflower and Muhler. It was indeed a very good speech. Well done Prince Frederik.

The National Art Gallery came about after the second Christiansborg burned down in 1884.
Frederik even became poetic: "Let me be a little poetic: The ravages of the flames became the seed to the National Art Gallery".

After the speech Frederik, who is very interested in art, walked around and had a look and chatted with people. One of whom he knows well from the art in his own home.
Frederik noted the man from his rostrum when he was giving his speech: "I see that one of the artists, whom the Crown Princess and I are enthusiastic about, is here today. It's good to see you (informal you) John Kørner"
Thank you for this. It is clear that the Crown Prince is interested in art but is he an artist? I ask this because the two princes of course have an artist as mother and I am curious whether this aberration (art is never cosidered a normal occupation) has passed into the next generation!:bang:

:previous: I'm not sure what :bang: is all about. If either of Queen Margrethe's sons is an artist it would hardly be something she, or they, would find necessary to hide unless they personally preferred to keep it to themselves.

It is no secret that Frederik loves art, is a collector, and takes enormous pleasure in both classical and modern art. If he is an artist he's not saying, neither is his brother, although it is certainly a gift that would come in handy when he's . . . say . . . overseeing the restoration and redecoration of his new home! :)

Last edited:
:previous: MARG pretty much answered your question, Gerry. :)

I'll only add that according to themselves neither Frederik nor Joachim have inherited their parents talents for creating art.

I've admired CP Frederik's art collecting for years!

Having a good eye and developing a good collection of art is a talent in itself.

Collectors down through history can be credited with saving important pieces, works of art and cultural artifacts, that might have been lost.

It would not be a surprise if King Frederik X became known for his art collection in future history books.

Crown Prince Frederik has openend the exhibition "Danish and international art after 1900"
at the National Gallery of Art in Copenhagen today, March 28, 2012.

** ppe gallery ** BB: Kronprins Frederik blev udfordret på museumsbesøg ** translation **

Just catching up with the Danish boards, and glad to have seen this. Thank you for the pictures, iceflower. Some of the pieces are certainly very interesting. Frederik appears to be enjoying himself, and since he's very enthusiastic about art, it's not at all surprising.

Thank you for the summary, Muhler :flowers:. Your contributions are always pleasant to read.

Last edited:
Nice Pictures & Very Nice Video Even If Short Video But Nice , Thank you for Posting Polyesco

Crown Prince Frederik attended the School Olympics at the South School in Viborg today, April 17.
200 schools have joined the project School Olympics and the pupils - as did Frederik today ;) -
participate in disciplines such as 400 meter races, long jump, long throw and relay race.

"It's really motivating for me to see so many children making great efforts today. I also hope that
my presence here can motivate them a bit" Frederik said.

** Pic **

** tvmidtvest.dk gallery: BILLEDER: Kronprinsen løber mod Viborg-elever **

** viborg-folkeblad.dk: Kronprins Frederik tog en runde med eleverne **

** sn.dk gallery: Billeder: Kronprinsen talte om OLs værdier **

Last edited:
Oooh Prince Frederik Looks Wonderfull With The Kids , Really Nice Pictures , Thanx For Posting iceflower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom