Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson, Current Events 1: September 2002 - May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that a pale or tending to be pale person shouldn´t wear white. But even when I cover the white shirt (I don´t think that there´s much reflection) she still looks pale...and IMO she in general isn´t a very "pale" person...I would rather describe her skin as olive-coloured. But maybe it´s the wedding-stress...only (*takes the slide rule out* ;) ) 12 days left... I hope at the wedding day the make-up artists will do a good job...then she has to wear white too!

the whole danish family is very pale, very elegant, i think (thats what i was told from day one when i realised that i simply have to live with the fact that i wont tan properly, now i am against the sun completely: if white than completely white i think).

anyway, i think against the dark hair, mary is doing a great job with her ligh wardroabe and her pale face, it looks porcelain-like. the fading-out effetc might happen more easily with blond-haired people? not sure, not blond myself, but loving everything white, despite being pale. her make up does a nice contrast, she has the most wonderful lip stick.

aby the way: where were princess alexandra and prince joachim yesterday???

Wow!!! Mary looks awesome!!! She is going to be an awesome Crownprincess!!!

Karolina, thank you so much for all the pictures. Mary looks simply elegant. She's definitely a fashion icon in the making.

:flower: Mary looks wonderful!! :flower:

Maybe that awful black outfit was just to make her look much better today in comparison...

very elegant, if i may say so..
she's looking more and more like a crown princess should be :clap: :mrgreen:

Originally posted by King Christian@Apr 21st, 2004 - 11:17 pm
A dumb question ... if Mary were to dye her hair, would there be more 'selection' for her clothes of other than a tan / brown colour basis ?
I think once she starts feeling more comfortable in her new role she'l start experimenting with color. Look at Queen Rania--she really looks great in different colors and she has dark hair and dark eyes.

Samitude, that picture reminds me vaguely of one of Frederik VIII and Queen Ingrid. Thank you.
And thanks to all who posted pics and info :)

I don't know if these photos have been posted before, but they are from Jyllands-Posten...

Jasl, thank you for the new pictures. My absolute favourite is picture number two. Frederik and Mary look so happy and in love.

Originally posted by montecarlo@May 5th, 2004 - 6:33 pm
I don't know if these photos have been posted before, but they are from Jyllands-Posten...

Jasl, thank you for the new pictures. My absolute favourite is picture number two. Frederik and Mary look so happy and in love.
That picture is wonderful!!

I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't too fond of Mary when the engagement was first announced. However, she's really grown on me. I finally figured out why today. She SMILES now. Most of the photos of her before the engagement and even in the early months of the engagement showed her unsmiling, almost with a snobby look on her face. Nowadays, she's smiling, relaxed...it's great.

I have a question that's slightly off topic. Do the royal PR people let the person who's heading up a visit know what color of outfit a princess/queen will be wearing? I just noticed that Mary's bouquet of flowers matches her outfit. That's when I started noticing that other bouquets that different princesses have had given to them match their outfit or at least don't clash.

Originally posted by karolinabraganza@May 3rd, 2004 - 8:20 am
aby the way: where were princess alexandra and prince joachim yesterday???
I've read in the danish magazine Billed Bladet that Joachim, Alexandra and their sons didn't attend the event on sunday because of a private holiday. The court refused to reveal which country the family visited.

Originally posted by Jasl@May 5th, 2004 - 6:25 pm
I don't know if these photos have been posted before, but they are from Jyllands-Posten(thanks to anna from rbhq for posting the Jyllands-Posten link):

Photo 1
Lovely photo!

;) ;)
can someone explain how to get access to this site?
i can see the videos but they dont let me open the picture galleries.
can someone help?

thanks in advance, ;)

I agree with Lyonnaise... Her smile made a huge difference.... :D

I don't think there's anything wrong with Mary's outfit, but she doesn't shine in it like she did yesterday.

Mary is very beutiful and elegant. I belive that her outfit don't have nothing wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some pictures from Mary and Frederik receiving gifts.

Mary's outfit appears suitable for the occasion. Its simple, elegant, and the colouring blends in nicely with her dark features. Someone should advise her to stick to earthtones more often.

Mary blew me away at the military tribute... In the beginning I wasn't at all that much of a fan of the future Danish Queen but, I must say in recent months she has truley blossomed into a wonderful flower. I hope that she is happy in her future position, and that she and her prince do live happily ever after.... She looked absolutly stunning and beautiful at this military event, I can't wait to see her in her wedding dress.... I thought she looked like maxima at one point. I believe that Maxima's outfit was red or brown... Mary looked fantastic. Letizia has yet to hold a candle to it..... :) Go Mary! Congrats to Denmark....

Mary blew me away at the military tribute... In the beginning I wasn't at all that much of a fan of the future Danish Queen but, I must say in recent months she has truley blossomed into a wonderful flower. I hope that she is happy in her future position, and that she and her prince do live happily ever after.... She looked absolutly stunning and beautiful at this military event, I can't wait to see her in her wedding dress.... I thought she looked like maxima at one point. I believe that Maxima's outfit was red or brown... Mary looked fantastic. Letizia has yet to hold a candle to it.....  Go Mary! Congrats to Denmark

Ditto! Well said. She's looking so wonderful lately. She's going to make a very stylish and charming CP. Denmark should be proud.

Fred and Mary looked so Regal. Wonderfull Pictures.

Impressive Military Tribute to the Crown Prince Couple :flower:

Me too. I'm not a fan of Mary when the engagement was announced. I remember I posted before that I'm not as excited to see the Danish wedding than the Spanish one, because in the engagement pics, Mary was not as smiling as Letizia. But now i changed my opinion on Mary, Im actually liking her now - keep on smiling Mary. Congrats to Denmark!

I cant wait to see the pics of the coming Danish, Spanish and Jordanian Weddings!

Mary looked absolutely amazing at the Military tribute, so beautiful and the outfit was perfect for her. I am really looing forward to the week ahead with all the pre wedding festivites and also most importantly the wedding on the 14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom