Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: Nov. 2008-Sep. 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discussion on Princess Mary's new brooch has been moved to the
Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 4 thread

Thank you :flowers:

Forgive me for asking the same question but what exactly happened to this dinner with Rigmor Zobel?

Do you mean what happened at the dinner? If so, CP Mary was photographed at a dinner party with a woman who had been involved with a drug conviction (or something to that effect -- as an American I had never heard of Rigmor Zobel before this). There was much debate about whether Mary should have been seen in her company and whether Mary knew that Rigmor would have attended beforehand. I believe that Queen Margrethe was even asked about it in an interview surrounding her 70th birthday and said that she and Mary had discussed it but didn't give further details. In the end I think the issue just faded away as, IMO, something completely overblown by the media and further eclipsed by more important, newsworthy events. Thank goodness for that.

Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik attended a Church
service at the Roskilde Cathedral, celebrating the finishing of a
restoration of the Cathedral on Sunday June 13, 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Thanks iceflower. I thought Mary looked lovely today and quite relaxed after the Washington trip.

Last edited:
She looks lovely today, I love that Frederiks tie matches Mary's coat.

Need some help here, anybody who knows where I can find Fredriks wedding speech? Have been looking around here. but can`t find it:bang:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #24, 2010.
Frederiks rørende hilsen til sin mormor - Frederik's moving greeting to his grandmother.
Written by Lisbeth Grube.

M&F attended a service in Roskilde Cathedral in connection with the renovation of the church. The largest renovation since it burned down in 1443. 300 artisans, conservators advisors and so on have been working for five years at the cost of 100 million DKK.
And there were lots of details to study for M&F in the binoculars they had been handed. They also studied the wall paintings in the chapel of Christian IV. (*) Both M&F were very inquisitive and asked a lot of questions in regards to the paintings.
After the service there was a reception.
And then a private respect towards Frederik's grandparents, mostly the Queen Ingrid, who meant so much to him. He and Mary placed a bouquest of flowers at their tomb outside the cathedral.

Outside the cathedral they seperated. Frederik was going to South Africa to the world championships there and gave Mary a tender goodbye-kiss.

(*) Christian IV is the most well known king in DK and for good reasons. He ruled when Denmark was it the height of it's power and wealth. That is reflected in the many magnificent buildings from that period you will see in Copenhagen.
He was a very vital king in every respect. He was all over the place in his realm, as kings had to be before the age of absolutism.
He also managed to get Denmark involved in a number of unfortunate wars and he was man of his times in the sense that he was a active witch hunter, seeing it as his duty as a king to protect his people and country from the Devil and his followers.

June 25, 2010 - TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess participates in the opening of Project Copenhagen Fortifications at Trekroner

News Clip
Polfoto picture gallery

Mary & Fred both use iphones. They were using their iphones to capture a few pictures.

Last edited:
Well thats something new that I didn't know.

That must have been what Fred was using when he took that picture of Mary and Maxima during Victoria's wedding! I wonder if those are the new iPhones?

That must have been what Fred was using when he took that picture of Mary and Maxima during Victoria's wedding! I wonder if those are the new iPhones?

Iphone 4G has a silver back, theres are white. :)

Sorry to be so late in getting back to Atene. Frederick's wedding speech can be found in "Mary," by Karin Palshoj & Gitte Redder, page 185. It was the first book written about Mary and I especially love my copy because I bought it in Tasmania.

Here's an additional article about the couple's visit to the Project
Copenhagen Fort last week.
Those visitors who have an iPhone or smartphone can download a
newly developed application which for example can show how
Charlottenlund Fort and Vestvolden lie, so Mary and Frederik did
not take personal snapshots only ;)

** Frederik og Mary fik historie-undervisning på telefonen **

Thanks for the many delightful pics :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #26, 2010.
Stjernerne på fortet - The stars on the fort. (Wordplay on TV-show).
Written by the Ulrik Ulriksen.

Copenhagen used to be heavily fortified and now there is an ongoing project to use these fortifications for something useful, while at the same time preserving them for their historical significanse.

Trekroner is a fort located off the mouth to Copenhagen harbour, where it was supposed to controll the access to the harbour. It will now be used for various cultural arrangements. It's still the property of the Ministry of Defence however.

So Mary and Frederik sailed directly to Trekroner (Three Crownes), from the quay next to Amalienborg.
Here they were met with a number of dignitaries and lot of schoolchildren before going on a tour of the fort and seeing an exhibition about the history of the fort. As part of the exhibition you can use applications on your iPhone to help guide you. Frederik is perhaps a gadget freak because he was deeply absorbed in his phone. Mary less so. She joked a little with some journalists and schoolchildren in the meantime.
Then it was time for a reception and a bit of chat, all carefully monitored by the schoolchildren present. A girl said afterwards about Mary: "Ooj, she's beautiful". - But then Frederik got some attention as well....

Just watched video above and noticed Mary adjusts her hair an awful lot. I guess it's breezy and photos last a long time - it's just a bit distracting.:flowers:

Just watched video above and noticed Mary adjusts her hair an awful lot. I guess it's breezy and photos last a long time - it's just a bit distracting.:flowers:

I noticed that, too. Kind of hard not to. I guess that's why I'm an advocate of pulling one's hair back in windy, coastal situations. ;)

Thx lancchik for providing the video. Mary and Frederik had to stand there quite awhile. The photographers probably got a lot of pics.

Princess Mary of Denmark and Prince Frederik of Denmark attend the gala reception in celebration of the 500th anniversary of the Danish Royal Navy at Copenhagen Opera House on August 13, 2010 in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Great seeing them out at a night event. Mary looked lovely, surprising her bump doesn't show for being 15 weeks now.

It is lovely to see them together, but Frederik with a beard and that outfit doesn't look right.
You can only see Mary is pregnant from her chest.

Great seeing them out at a night event. Mary looked lovely, surprising her bump doesn't show for being 15 weeks now.

She's probably not 15 weeks along, right? I mean, "expected to deliver" doesn't mean that January is her due date. Twins come early and perhaps her doctors accounted for that, and that's why the statement said January.

It'd say "expected to deliver" means she is due in January, whether she gives birth early or not doesn't matter right now.
March/April conception, you would think she would be showing after 4 months.

Mary is showing, its just a little bump and frankly, she is wearing a lot of empire waist dresses and belts that are placed above her belly it looks like. I imagine she will get bigger in the next month or so and then it will be like WOW.

I actually don't blame her for the style of dress. Every time she appears in public everyone looks at her stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom