The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik attended the Church
Service to celebrate the Danish Navy's 500th. anniversary on Sunday
Aug 15. 2010. The service was held at the Holmens Kirke in Copenhagen.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

** ppe gallery **
Mary's looks outstanding but Frederik..., I just can't stand his beard. Can someone just come to him and whisper to him "Shave it".

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 08-17-2010, 03:25 AM
Administrator

All posts about Crown Princess Mary's private visit to Tasmania, Australia
have been moved to the following thread:

** General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 7: July 2010 - **

Old 08-19-2010, 02:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Love the pictures from the church service, especially Mary's top portion of her outfit. I've noticed that anything w/a flowing drape-y look to it really does suit her and her body shape outstandingly well.

Did Canada send a ship to Denmark's Navy's 500th Anniversary Celebrations? Since their Flagship was here to take part in the Fleet Review during the Royal Visit earlier this summer that celebrated our Navy's Centennial, I'd hope that Canadian Naval Command sent our Flagship over to Denmark to return the great honour that was shown to our Navy.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Majesty

No, there was no Canadian ship in Copenhagen for the review.
However there was a joint Canadian, Danish navy excerzise in the Arctic at the same time.
The anniversary would naturally also have been celebrated onboard the Danish patrol frigate there, Vædderen, (= the Ram, known from the Galathea expedition) so I wonder if there weren't a few well wishes from the Canadian navy.

Denmark has routinely maintained a visible military presence in and not least around Greenland for decades and in recent years, Canada has increased it's presence in the area as well.
That seems clearly to be evolving into coorporating about the control of parts of the North West Passage, which is expected to be ice-free in the years to come.
Danish airforce planes are flying over Canadian territory and landing on the gravel airstrips in that part of Canada, something they routinely do in Greenland. Canadian ships are sailing along the East coast of Greenland.
The Hans Island issue seems to have been put way down on the list of priorities. The latest is that a Danish cruise ship, or rather cruise boat, sailed to the island. Raised a flag and left a few gifts for the next ones pasing through. - Cheers.

It's very interesting to follow what is going on in the arctic these years. Unfortunately the very informative site: casr.ca seems to have been closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Love the pictures from the church service, especially Mary's top portion of her outfit. I've noticed that anything w/a flowing drape-y look to it really does suit her and her body shape outstandingly well.

Did Canada send a ship to Denmark's Navy's 500th Anniversary Celebrations? Since their Flagship was here to take part in the Fleet Review during the Royal Visit earlier this summer that celebrated our Navy's Centennial, I'd hope that Canadian Naval Command sent our Flagship over to Denmark to return the great honour that was shown to our Navy.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Nobility

D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen deltager i forpremiere på "Eksperimentet" i Dagmar Teatret, København, kl. 20.20.

There doesn't seem to be any news on Danish TV or the web regarding the screening of this film for Frederick and Mary. Was this a private viewing? It seems like the filmmaker would have appreciated some press from an event like this.

News announcing the event: http://www.jv.dk/artikel/947315:Goss...?image=0#image
Old 09-08-2010, 04:08 AM
Administrator

The caption says pre-opening, but for the couple it's been an official
event listed in the calender, not a private one.

Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik attended the pre-opening
of the movie "Eksperimentet" (The Experiment) on September 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Some belga pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** ppe gallery **

Billed-Bladet article:

** Se Kronprinsesse Marys nye gyldne look **
Old 09-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mary looks great. Always smiling...love it!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Royal Highness

The movie 'Eksperimentet' is about an experiment in the early 1950s where a number of Greenlandic children were brought to Denmark to be taught Danish and Danish culture - supposedly to return to act as spearheads when they returned to Greenland to help bring about modernization of the Greenlandic society. Instead it had severe personal consequences for the children involved who were robbed of their own language and culture.

No coincidence that Frederik was invited - with his well-known love of Greenland.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Thanks UserDane for the information. So its a documentary?

I never knew of that experiment. Sounds like what happened in Australia and the US.

Frederick and Mary look great.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Thanks UserDane for the information. So its a documentary?

I never knew of that experiment. Sounds like what happened in Australia and the US.

Frederick and Mary look great.
You're welcome
More or less a documentary it seems. It is based on a book by Trine Bryld "I den bedste mening" (which I suppose could be translated roughly as 'No harm intended") about forced assimilation of a group of Greenlandic children.

Here is a link in English to the film Eksperimentet / The Experiment.

As you can see, the main character is played by Ellen Hillingsøe, one of Frederik's childhood friends (her mother is a great friend of Queen Margrethe).
Old 09-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

Very beautiful and radiant as always and her dress is very suitable for this movie - she is like Sun to counter balance for very serious theme of movie.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Photos on "Pure People":
Mary et Frederik de Danemark à l'avant-première, le 7 septembre 2010 à Copenhague, du film

Article on "Svenksdam":
http://svenskdam.se/2010/09/marys-oc...siga-biokvall/
Old 10-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary today visited the Airforce Museum in honor of the 60th anniversary Of The Royal Danish Airforce. They arrived by helicopter.

1 2 3 4 5

They will also attend a service at Viborg Cathedral.

Josette
Old 10-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Majesty

Thank you, Princess Robijn

For those of you who enjoy seeing Frederik in uniforms, he is here wearing the full dress uniform of a lieutenant colonel in the Airforce. - It's a uniform we don't see him wearing very often.

M&F were taken for a tour of the museum, including speeches, reception. The usual drill.
Then they were presented to the latest addition to the museum, a replica of a Spitfire, which along with Moquitos were among the planes that went from the Army Aircorps to the newly formed Airforce in 1950.
They were however soon replaced by Sabres and later Super Sabres.

They should as I write this have left the cathedral in Viborg. Now awaits a one hour long drive to Aarhus, to the main artmuseum there, Aros.
That event is scheduled for the late afternoon, i.e. a few hours from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary today visited the Airforce Museum in honor of the 60th anniversary Of The Royal Danish Airforce.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

They will also attend a service at Viborg Cathedral.

Josette
Old 10-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

And thank you for giving the original link.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The usual drill.
We are terrible that we enjoy it each time, aren't we?

Stiften.dk has a gallery about today's events in Viborg, seems it get's updated.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
We are terrible that we enjoy it each time, aren't we?

Stiften.dk has a gallery about today's events in Viborg, seems it get's updated.
Yep, guess we are hooked on the show.

The girl with the Australian flag is a sweet touch.

It's not particular cold today, about 12 degrees C. But out there on the edge of the Jutland moor it is! And windy, so no wonder the locals dress warmly.

ADDED: And here are the first high-res pics of the event: Billedgalleri: Kronprinsparret besøger Danmarks Flymuseum (Opdateret 13:42 ) click the pics for the original size. They are free to be used by the media and others who bring news about this event.

ANOTHER ADDITION: And another high-res gallery: Billedgalleri: Festgudstjeneste i Viborg Domkirke
This time from the servise in Viborg Cathedral. Click the pics for higher resolution.

These two galleries are continuously updated.

ADDED: The regional news at 12.10 from TV2 Midt Vest: http://www.tv2regionerne.dk/
There is a short clip of M&F to start with.
There will most likely be more coverage at 19.30 tonight.

For our video experts:
Also keep an eye on the local news at TV2 Østjylland at 1930. They will no doubt feature M&F at Aros in Aarhus.
Tou know how it is, the clips will be online a few hours later.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Frederik does look handsome, and they both look comfortable with each other.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Majesty

A gallery from BT: http://www.bt.dk/royale/kronprinsparret-paa-visit-i-jylland

Observe ladies, observe how Frederik assists his wife, when she is getting down the steep steps from the helicopter in Pic #2.
This truly delights me.

We would of course expect no less from Frederik, - and Joachim, who is a gentleman.

Notice also pic #8. A very nice picture of the Danish Crown Princess.

Pic #15: And he couldn't resist putting his finger on the mirror, no he couldn't.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

01/10/ 2010 Crown Princess Coupleat the Inauguration of an exhibition of art, Aarhus

Siften.dk gallery

http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0081480350.jpg
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0081480368.jpg So cute : )
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0081480360.jpg

Frederik close up * Mary close up

PPE Agency