Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: Nov. 2007-Nov. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitteringTiaras

Heir Apparent
City
.a
Country
United States
Welcome to part 6 of Frederik and Mary’s current events where you can post article links, photo links and comments regarding their current activities.

The old thread can be found here.

TRF Rules & FAQs

*review before posting*

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be removed without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Danish Forum Moderators
Mandy, GlitteringTiaras, Empress

Last edited by a moderator:
Denmarks Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary at the roof of Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen Friday November 2. 2007. The Royal couple were opening the hospitals new built helicopter platform. PHOTO: Keld Navntoft/Scanpix Denmark

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4 -- Pic 5 -- Pic 6 -- pic 7

According to TV2 News - TV 2 Kongelig - Frederik og Mary højt oppe - the new helipad on the Rigshospitalet means that they save about 45 minutes when transporting patients. Before the helicopters had to land in a nearby park.

The platform was donated by Mærsk McKinney Møller - the elderly gentleman in Dazzling's pic 7.

According to TV2 News - TV 2 Kongelig - Frederik og Mary højt oppe - the new helipad on the Rigshospitalet means that they save about 45 minutes when transporting patients. Before the helicopters had to land in a nearby park.

The platform was donated by Mærsk McKinney Møller - the elderly gentleman in Dazzling's pic 7.

thanks for that piece of info. Why were the Cp's whom opened it?

Will Frederik and Mary be doing any tours around Denmark like they did when they were first married?

It would be really nice to see them out and about with the Danish people again visiting different cities and towns.

It's so cold in denmark right now!! She must be freezing at that high without a warm jacket!! The snow will come soon!

It's so cold in denmark right now!! She must be freezing at that high without a warm jacket!! The snow will come soon!

I hardly think they were up there for a long time, also Mary didnt seem to be freezing & her outfit seems to be warming:cool:

pic's of Mary from seeger (i hope this is from the same event);)
Pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5

thanks for that piece of info. Why were the Cp's whom opened it?
You mean instead of the queen?
Don't know - perhaps it was thought fitting since F&M twice within two years have used the facilities at this particular hospital ;)

Will Frederik and Mary be doing any tours around Denmark like they did when they were first married?

It would be really nice to see them out and about with the Danish people again visiting different cities and towns.
I hope they will - probably during the summer and using the royal yacht - just as queen Margrethe has for many years :)

You mean instead of the queen?
Don't know - perhaps it was thought fitting since F&M twice within two years have used the facilities at this particular hospital ;)
I didnt know the queen was suppose to be opening it. Well, yes does make sense if the cp couple opened it. Mærsk McKinney Møller did good by donating for the helipad, that was nice:)
http://new2.isifa.com/reportage_ed.php?repid=815951

I didnt know the queen was suppose to be opening it. Well, yes does make sense if the cp couple opened it. Mærsk McKinney Møller did good by donating for the helipad, that was nice:)

two pictures of Frederik & Mary in the hospital - isifa gallery
I don't know if the queen was supposed to do it - probably not. Perhaps Mærsk McKinney really wanted the CP couple to do it? Judging from pictures (also from the new opera) he seems to have a good rapport with them :)

who is mckinney? is he english or danish?

Though I have alwayes liked the english a lot - I don't think they ars so generous as to finance helipads for hospitals in Denmark ;o)

He is danish. He owns the biggest shippingcompany in the world. The companys webside is her:

A.P. Moller-Maersk Group

Under the menu "our history" you can read more about the man - Mærsk Mckinny Møller.

Last edited:
Though I have alwayes liked the english a lot - I don't think they ars so generous as to finance helipads for hospitals in Denmark ;o)

He is danish. He owns the biggest shippingcompany in the world. The companys webside is her:

A.P. Moller-Maersk Group

Under the menu "our history" you can read more about the man - Mærsk Mckinny Møller.

how silly of me! i was actually speaking to this company in my university careers fair some weeks ago. i knew the name sounded familiar...

I'd say he has some great habits! :D

i was actually speaking to this company in my university careers fair some weeks ago.

If it was in order to get a career there, I can warmly recomend the company. Not only does Mærsk Mckinny Møller have this habit of giving the inhabitants of Copenhagen - including the Royal Famely - monumental gifts. The company has an excelent personnel policy and offers great career opportunities in an international setting.

Whatever issues Frederik 'may' have with public speaking is not something I would classify as a problem. It is but a hindrance of sorts and one that could be overcome. We all face challenges in life, why should Frederik be any different and why should the man be made subject to ill intended criticisms because of it?

Needles to say, it says absolutely nothing about him but quite a bit about those who find it necessary to negtaively exhume anothers impediment, no matter how minor or severe.

Again, I don't see how it can be noted as a "problem" when the man still delivers his speeches and socially converses.

I would definitely classify his inabilty to express himself clearly in public as a problem, a big problem. He is a public person representative of his country. One of the few basic requirements for this job is to speak properly and clearly, what kind of image does It give when people don't understand what he is trying to say or that the crown prince looks nervous, insecure and can't stop moving while answering questions?

I also think this problem could be over come so why It didn't still? he is not a young boy he is a 40 years old man that known all his life that he is going to be king (and It's getting closer and closer) so what does he waits for?

Frederik and Mary's Current Events Part Ten

{Edited for consistency}

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended the Legends Live 2007 Tennis tournament in Copenhagen November 13, 2007.

2 small thumbnails

(IBL, Rex)

Last edited:
Thanks JessRUlz for the pictures. Frederik looks very into the game. I like Mary's outfit, very fashionable imo.

Thanks for the pictures. I also like Marys outfit.

Thanks for the pictures! Mary's outfit is pretty, although Mary herself looked bored, and Frederik looks as if he's ill.

I also like mary's outfit. She did look a little bored, maybe she is just tired. A baby can do that to you!!!

I liked Mary's outfit too. They looked happy to me and not tired at all!

Gohs I love to see her in a more casuall way, very fashionable! Love the boots!! lovely indeed!

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures; he seems enjoying himself, but poor Mary, she is so bored!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pictures; he seems enjoying himself, but poor Mary, she is so bored!!!!!!!

The whole audience (not too many people around, heh?) looks bored and I can understand. Borg against McEnroe might have been exciting 20 years ago but not these days since age has been catching up with both of them :ohmy: Not even if I was paid to go I wouldn't want to see a senior guys tour match. It's rather sad than funny.

The whole audience (not too many people around, heh?) looks bored and I can understand. Borg against McEnroe might have been exciting 20 years ago but not these days since age has been catching up with both of them :ohmy: Not even if I was paid to go I wouldn't want to see a senior guys tour match. It's rather sad than funny.

yes I agree with you, but unfortunately, or not!, she has a public role!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom