Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: Nov. 2007-Nov. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely photos! They looked like they really enjoyed themselves. It is nice to see them visiting with both the elderly and the children.

I think that it is just a community of German nationals living in Denmark, but I could be wrong.

No, they are Danish citizen. Süd-Schleswign is today a part of Germany, while the northern part of Schleswig belongs to Denmark, so in both parts ethnical minorities are living: Ethnic Danes in Germany and Ethnic Germans in Denmark. Both minorities are represented in the respective parliaments without the restrictions of a minimum of votes, they have schools in their language, papers etc. For the German Danes of North-Schleswig it was eg important that prince Joachim lives there close to the border, they think they get more attention for their problems, needs and culture this way. So I think what Fred and Mary are doing is showing them that they count as much as the Ethnical Danes for them, which is important whenever you deal with a minority, but especially when it comes to a German minority after what the Germanss did to the Danes in 1940-1945. One has to say that it was the EU which forced both the German and the Danish state to give their minorities more rights and more attention, but no matter who has been responisible - the thing is that the minorities of today feel respected in their cultural identity while building their lifes together with their fellow citizens from the other culture.

Last edited:
The CP couple went to visit the German minority in Slesvig today. Apparently Frederik told a scary story to a child - in German. They all loved it!

German newspapers report hat a boy asked the Prince in German if a dragon lives in his palace and he answered that yes, there lives one down in the cellar but it's a friendly and nice one.:wub:

German newspapers report hat a boy asked the Prince in German if a dragon lives in his palace and he answered that yes, there lives one down in the cellar but it's a friendly and nice one.:wub:

That is hilarious and adorable! CP Frederik obviously has a cute sense of humor.

mary look's lovely and is so handsome.
billie-jo

These probably should be in the news thread but it is closed so I put them here: Frederik and Mary out riding 28/7: Rex Features and with the children in legoland 29/7: Rex Features
Thanks Amelia :flowers:. The pictures are so small. Somebody has bigger pictures of their excursion to Legoland?

Great article. I wonder if Mary will go to any of the equestrian events in Beijing.

They equestrian events are in Hong Kong :flowers: I love those pictures, Mary looks very much at ease on horseback.

They are now in Benjin!hope to see pictures soon!:flowers:

Mary will be in China August 7-13 and probably they won't take their children because they are very young.

I believe that Mary will have the children with her. I have an impression that she is going to Australia from China to spend time with her family and Fred will joint her later. Am I correct?

i believe i read they had official engagements during the olympics (leaving children at home) and mary would leave early, pick up the children, fly to Australia and fred would meet them there after the olympics. i'm not sure i'd want my small children exposed to the pollution in China, i'd leave them home, way to young to appreciate the experience, give them some "couple time" they met at the olympics, probably kinda romantic about it ;)

I thought that Mary was heading to Australia from China with the children and then Frederik would join them later. Mary going to China, then back to Denmark and then turning back around and heading to Australia seems like a lot of extra traveling that they don't really need to do.

I read it to that Mary will go too China without children and for me this China-Denmark-Tasmania thing seems to be little too much. But other hand I can understand why she's obviously not take Chr&I to China. Anyway Mary has all opportunities to travel there and back and I'm sure that Chr&I can discover China when they are old enough :)

It was not entirely unscheduled, because an Aussie TV-crew managed to show up there and throw Mary a question!:flowers:
Aussie film crews would have been attending every major swim event in nearly every country in the world pre olympics to get the low down on the competition its standard practice but I bet they were thrilled to see Mary and Fred there as well:flowers:

Check out the thread for the visit to Australia :)

Well i think they will have nannys with them and they can take care of the two little children once in China, because Australia is so near from China and I think it is a waist of time to travel back to Denmark and again to other Continent.

I thought that Mary was heading to Australia from China with the children and then Frederik would join them later. Mary going to China, then back to Denmark and then turning back around and heading to Australia seems like a lot of extra traveling that they don't really need to do.

Given the dense pollution and scorching heat in Beijing atm, I can hardly blame Mary and Frederik for not wanting to take their children.

Mary will be in China August 7-13 and probably they won't take their children because they are very young.

i think it would be quite tiring to go to china, travel back to denmark to take the kids and then travel to australia again, so i think it's safe to assume mary will want to take the children with her. she is there for less than a week, i'm sure taking small kids with you isn't that much of a problem for quite a short amount of time.

The children will be going with Mary. She mentioned in a few articles that she is excited that Isabell would visit Australia.

Her og Nu reported that Christian and Isabella will stay in Denmark while Frederik and Mary are in China, and then Mary will return to Denmark and then travel to Australia with the children, where they will meet up with Frederik.

I agree with Madame Royale - I wouldn't be taking my small children to China given the pollution in the air and the scorching temperatures, just for them to stay in a hotel with the nanny

it does seem alot of travelling for Mary but i understand leaving the children at home, they have several offical events, it's going to be a hectic week, add on the pollution and heat, it seems a good choice. Mary's the one that has to do all the hard travelling back and forth, i'm glad there's a nice relaxing vacation at the end for her.

Programme for the Press during the Olympics - Embassy of Denmark China

Welcome Reception hosted by President Hu Jintao, The Great Hall of the People attended by HRH The Crown Prince, 8 August 2008

Welcome Lunch hosted by Vice President Xi Jinping, Diaoyutai State Guest House attended by HRH The Crown Prince, 9 August 2008

Reception on the occasion of the opening of the Olympic Games, and in the presence of HRH The Crown Prince and HRH The Crown Princess, 9 August 2008
*Photo session at the door step of the Residence at the arrival of HRH The Crown Prince and HRH The Crown Princess

Performance of the Royal Danish Ballet attended by HRH The Crown Prince and HRH The Crown Princess, 9 August 2008
*Photo session on stage after the performance with HRH The Crown Prince and HRH The Crown Princess and the Royal Ballet dancers

Visit to the Exhibition “China in Denmark 1600-2000”, Prince Gong’s Palace by HRH The Crown Prince and HRH The Crown Princess, 10 August 2008
*Photo session at the door step of the Museum at the arrival of HRH The Crown Prince and HRH The Crown Princess

Frederik will go to Mongolia after the games before going to Australia.
Official Visit to Mongolia by HRH Crown Prince Frederik, August 20-22, 2008

Sounds like they have an action-packed agenda. I am glad to hear that they aren't taking the children to China. The children are very young, and the pollution is so extreme in China. I can't wait to see photos of them at the various events.

they look great!! really rested and tanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom