Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: Nov. 2007-Nov. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree, not her best choice. i think she wore that coat (or similar) before. while it is meant to look "big" it's just something that doesn't suit many women.

Some people have began to refer to the purple gown, that she wore to the Romanian State Dinner and again this past New Year's court gala, as the Sari dress (or Saree depending on which spelling one prefers.) While some take offense to using the name, I can understand why others refer to the gown as a Sari.

The material, purchased at the Salamanca market (kind of like the Rose Bowl Flea market here in L.A.) in Tasmania prior to her marriage to Frederik back in 2004, was partially used on the top as well as the top layer of the skirt.

Furthermore, that specific material is used for Hindu wedding ceremonies (sometimes used for other major events) and means a lot to the people who wear them. The significance is pretty important to many while other have absolutely no idea what it means. Are they ignorant? No. But it is wise to be culturally sensitive (including myself... yeah I admit it), and not refer to the gown as a Sari because clearly that's not. This is one type of Sari in case you don't know what one looks like.

Personally speaking, the gown is beautiful though I'm not too keen on the cut around the arms.

Hope that helps.:)
The material itself is called benarsi or banarsi depending on your preferred spelling.

I find it more than a little irritating that the purple gown and this coat are constantly referred to as saris; they clearly are not.

My girlfriend, who is Hindu, spells it as Banarsi, and I understand completely when you noted:

...the purple gown and this coat are constantly referred to as saris; they clearly are not.

LittleStar, did you ever find the article where it stated that the CPC had 27 servants? I would like to have confirmation of this for future reference, if the statement turns out to be true.

:)

Edit:

[url=http://royals.web-log.nl/]This[/URL] site has the best photo series from last night's event. [url=http://www.troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/]This[/URL] blog also did a nice job, but the images are watermarked. Finally, click [url=http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article2352]here[/URL] to view even more pictures.

Last edited:
Frederik & Mary together at an event is lovely to see. Its always good to see them together though sometimes Mary seems to be attending alone for some reason.
Mary's coat was really pretty but seems like she didnt wear it well nor put it together well either. IMO, wouldve looked better if it was a bit smaller and matched with straight legged pants & buttons of the coat left open. Mary looked abit too pale yeaterday. Her hair has grown to a lovely length now.
Thank you for all the pictures

I liked Marys coat. It reminds me of traditional Chinese garments. And if I may say Frederik looks younger. It just could be my eyes but he looks healthier and slender. Good to see them photographed about and out. Must see that movie once.

I agree with some of you: the coat makes her pregnant!!! you can see that on several picture!!!

The over-sized neckline on that coat is what makes it so frumpy. However, I don't think she wore it to hide a pregnancy "bump" since she couldn't be that big after we saw her svelte figure in the gray gown at the Diplomatic Corps function during the New Year season. Probaby more recycling. Do you think she still hires that fashion expert who was advising her? If so, she needs replacing.

I actually quite like the coat but at some angles it isnt very flattering.
I also noted at the top of the royal weblog website their is a lovely montage of royal parents. A new picture of Fredrik holding both Christian and Isabella which I hadn't seen before

Could we have a link perhaps? (Forgive me if this is a site wide known website...)

I like the coat. What you can't see in the photos is that the rhinestones or crystal on the coat are multi colored. Somewhere there is a closeup photo of Mary and you see the colors which makes it look beautiful. Yup, it's Prada. I believe she has 3 outfits from this older Prada collection. She has a skirt she wore in London for a Hans Christian Andersen event. And she has a jacket she wore to the Australian Ambassadors residence for a dinner.

I don't know about pregnant. Everytime someone says that, I look at the photo and think she looks slim to me! And they tend to give the announcemetn before she shows anyway. So I believe what you are seeing is fabric and shawdow. Not a baby. If she was showing even remotely there would have been an announcement. She looks tired because they still have Isabella in their room at night because Mary is breastfeeding. (See their recent interview.) The coat is big because it is the style.

As for Mary's stylist. She does not work for Mary full time. Her full time job is with another company. She also freelances for a magazine. She only works for Mary occassionally.

I dont´t liker her coat. It seems too big for her.

The posts about the visit of Frederik and Mary to the Royal Theater in Copenhagen have been moved to the thread about the current events of the Danish ROyal Family, as the Queen and Prince Henrik also attended. The thread can be found here.

According to GT's post on the royal calender, tonight:

March 12:
6:30pm
HRH Crown Prince Frederik and HRH Crown Princess Mary will attend The Australian Evening at Sølyst.

I am looking forward to this, its been awhile since they attended an evening event.

According to GT's post on the royal calender, tonight:

I am looking forward to this, its been awhile since they attended an evening event.

Has anyone been able to find pics of this event? I've drawn a blank.

No, nothing yet. Perhaps an article will come out later, so I'll keep my eyes open.:)

:)Hi Marmi, I did see a couple of photos of the Crown Prince couple. The images show them in a car either driving to or coming from the event. Perhaps Billed Bladet will report on the event.

In the meantime, the couple have several engagements coming up including the film premiere of Flammen og Citronen (The Flame and Lemon) on March 25. Tomorrow, HRH Crown Princess Mary will attend a performance at the Culture House for the Royal Mayestaits Acteurs in Copenhagen. Then on March 18 she will distribute the Prince Christian Fellowship at the Royal Danish Academy also in Copenhagen.

Discussions about Mary's events will be held in her own topic, [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/hrh-crown-princess-mary-denmark-current-events-part-17-a-16278.html"]here.[/URL]

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Frederik was suppose to be at this event as well. Im abit suprised that there hasnt been any photos except the one posted above.
Mary looked lovely, not too fond of the dress color.
Thanks ayvee:flowers:

Prince Frederik was there since there are photos of both him and Princess Mary in a car heading to this event.http://www.facetoface.de/wgcms/de/article/13.html

I do wonder where all the photographers were since it was an official event on their calendar. But perhaps they weren't allowed inside?

-Ayvee

There is a picture of Mary and Frederik at that event on the cover of Her og Nu week 12. The website has a tiny image of the cover

http://herognu.com/mediafiles/1/images/herognuforside_0812.jpg

(Mary and Frederik on the left of the cover)

The online blurb says 'Endelig sammen - Frederik og Mary lyste af forelskelse, da de forleden festede sammen.'

(Finally together - Frederik and Mary shone with love, when they celebrated together the other day)

Thanks, I guess I missed those posts. If they werent allowed in what about out? Maybe by time we get a few pictures. Does the Australian evening happen every year?

I do wonder where all the photographers were since it was an official event on their calendar. But perhaps they weren't allowed inside?
Perhaps, and I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

There is a picture of Mary and Frederik at that event on the cover of Her og Nu week 12. The website has a tiny image of the cover

http://herognu.com/mediafiles/1/imag...rside_0812.jpg

(Mary and Frederik on the left of the cover)

The online blurb says 'Endelig sammen - Frederik og Mary lyste af forelskelse, da de forleden festede sammen.'

(Finally together - Frederik and Mary shone with love, when they celebrated together the other day)
Thanks Freye and Ayvee.:flowers:

Mary's dress looks beautiful, and the color suits her... I like it. It looks as if she added a beautiful brooch, but I cannot tell if it is new or not? Does anyone know?

Mary's dress looks beautiful, and the color suits her... I like it. It looks as if she added a beautiful brooch, but I cannot tell if it is new or not? Does anyone know?
:)

I think the brooch is part of the dress since the pin actually provides the nice draping in the front. I thought the brooch was the same one as her engagement gown (one-shoulder teal gown) but the shape is different for both.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/ayvee/CPM/engagementgown.jpg

-Ayvee

Thanks ayvee for the photo of Mary at the Aus dinner! :flowers: I love her dress, it suits her perfectly, and it's such a nice colour. Man I wish there were more photos - I hate it when photogs aren't allowed at events.

Last edited:
That evening dress on that Crown Princess = perfection.

And I'm not usually one for a strapless bodice but it's such a flattering décolleté. The colour and material is just beautiful.

is there any news where Mary and Fred spend easter?

It's likely that the Crown Princely family are observing Easter at Marselisborg, Aahus, as they have done previously in the company of the Queen and Prince Consort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom