Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: Nov. 2007-Nov. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its nice to see them doing this sort of thing, unplanned apperances. I think its good for their royal profile and they may just enjoy it too!.Lovely to see them together as well.

Sorry to perhaps burst your bubble, MissJane...but I somehow think there is no such thing as an "Unplanned" appearance by royals...yes, it was not on their official calendar, yes, the swim people were surprised, but maybe this has been marked in M&F's yearly planner/diary for months in advance...we just don't know how crammed with stuff their daily lives are, little things that we deem trivial, like "wardrobe planning meeting for Beijing Olympic Trip"...but there is probably time allocated for everything in their lives...

What I am trying to say, not very succinctly, is that I feel there is no room for spontanteity in the lives of Mary and Fred...their time is blocked out to the minutes...even mealtimes, etc...but credit to them that they do it in such a way to make it "appear" spontanteous...

yes I do agree with you because I really think that they would prefer to saty at home playing with their kids insteed of beeing there, so I think that was not their choice they made that because they really think they should and that apperance will be good for the Danish swimmers!;)

I love Mary's outfit, smart casual and in really flattering colours. I love the way she dresses - always beautifully turned out and stylish/elegant without being 'overdone' or having labels screaming out at you

I think Mary & Fred may have thought it may be a nice way to boost morale for the swimming team pre olympics. This sort of thing goes on with other countries to boost morale of teams and good on them. You can bet Princess Anne is doing the equestrian rounds in Britain of olympic teams.

Sorry to perhaps burst your bubble, MissJane...but I somehow think there is no such thing as an "Unplanned" appearance by royals...yes, it was not on their official calendar, yes, the swim people were surprised, but maybe this has been marked in M&F's yearly planner/diary for months in advance...we just don't know how crammed with stuff their daily lives are, little things that we deem trivial, like "wardrobe planning meeting for Beijing Olympic Trip"...but there is probably time allocated for everything in their lives...

What I am trying to say, not very succinctly, is that I feel there is no room for spontanteity in the lives of Mary and Fred...their time is blocked out to the minutes...even mealtimes, etc...but credit to them that they do it in such a way to make it "appear" spontanteous...
No bubble burst here Xeara, maybe my use of the word "unplanned" was used too lightly, my apologies. Maybe i should have said ' not on their official calendar'.:whistling: even if it was planned to the very last second, it was still a nice' surprise ' for the people there.

I hope we can see pics of the family having their vacation!!!!!

I love Mary's outfit, smart casual and in really flattering colours. I love the way she dresses - always beautifully turned out and stylish/elegant without being 'overdone' or having labels screaming out at you

I love the white linen pants, but I don't like that camisole. It detracts too much from the outfit.

Hello! I have a question. I think that Joachim is older than Frederick, so I do not understand why is Frederick crown prince....

Ducii: Joachim is younger than Frederick... he just looks older

Ducii: Joachim is younger than Frederick... he just looks older

Wow! I had no idea. He looks so much older than Frederik. Frederik has aged really well (or Joachim has aged poorly).

Besøg hos det tyske mindretal
Torsdag 31. juli 2008 kl. 10:00
Kronprinsparret aflægger officielt besøg hos det tyske mindretal i Nordslesvig.
Visit to German minority
Thursday, 31 July 2008, 10am
The Crown Prince Couple pays an official visit to the German minority in North Slesvig.

Visit to German minority
Thursday, 31 July 2008, 10am
The Crown Prince Couple pays an official visit to the German minority in North Slesvig.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what (or whom) is/are the German minority? What are Frederik and Mary going to do with them?

I think that it is just a community of German nationals living in Denmark, but I could be wrong.

No bubble burst here Xeara, maybe my use of the word "unplanned" was used too lightly, my apologies. Maybe i should have said ' not on their official calendar'.:whistling: even if it was planned to the very last second, it was still a nice' surprise ' for the people there.

It was not entirely unscheduled, because an Aussie TV-crew managed to show up there and throw Mary a question!:flowers:

It was not entirely unscheduled, because an Aussie TV-crew managed to show up there and throw Mary a question!:flowers:
Yes well, that wasn't shown here until nearly two weeks after the actual event took place. My post was relevent at the time.:flowers:

Actually, Villeman is mistaken.

The TV footage where Mary is thrown a question is from a previous swimming event, on 15 November 2007 - 'Wonderful Copenhagen Challenge 2007', an event which was announced beforehand.

These probably should be in the news thread but it is closed so I put them here: Frederik and Mary out riding 28/7: Rex Features and with the children in legoland 29/7: Rex Features

The CP couple went to visit the German minority in Slesvig today. Apparently Frederik told a scary story to a child - in German. They all loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom