Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: Nov. 2007-Nov. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
remind me who is Carina? I think she is wife of Frederick best friend, and now Mary's friend, I'am I rigth?
Thanks

Prince Christian is lovely. I see him every day more similar to his cousin, Prince Felix, at his same age.

Vanesa.

Christian looks very cute....and seems to be a curious and social boy. He's adorable

Talking about Fr&M I think that everything is just ok but IF it isn't so it's obvious that they don't show this on public. It's nice to see them in their future home and I was wondering how well behave and good boy Chr is and seems that he don't afraid other people too (he must get used to it:)).

New series of photos of Christian, Mary, Frederik, and Carina from the royal hunt at Fredensborg. Click here to view.

aww, :wub: he's so cute! I'm sorry for always saying the same, but it's just that this little boy is just getting more adorable every day. It must be quite cold already in Denmark, judged by the way Cristian is dressed. Was that an apple he was holding in his hand? Just a quick question, because I've never heard of this royal hunt before, is this a yearly traditional thing? Are the deer on the pictures with Christian dead? Seems so sad.

The royal hunt is a yearly event, Princess Leonor. There is a whole topic dedicated to this year's hunt in the topic Royal Hunt at Fredensborg. Please click here to the thread.:)

Mary is cute with her kid. she is always a combination between the girl next door and a real princess. I like that about her. She can get back to being normal.

Pictures and posts of Mary, Frederik, Christian, John Donaldson and Susan Moody attending The Children's Choir of the Royal Danish Academy of Music at the Royal Danish Conservatorium of Music at Esajas Kirke can be found in Mary's patronage thread. Enjoy! :flowers:

TRH Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will attend Nytårskur gala dinner this evening, January 1, 2008, hosted by the Reigning couple.

For more information, including guestlist, menu and music, photos, and video links to this grand event please post and view it all here at the Danish New Year Court Celebrations 2008 topic.

Tonight, Sunday, the Crown Prince Couple attended the Swedish film ARN:Tempelriddaren (Arn: The Temple Knight) at the Imperial theather in Copenhagen.

The film is based on the novels by Jan Guillou, in which, Arn de Gothia, the son of a high-ranking Swedish nobleman, is educated in a monastery and sent to the Holy Land as a knight templar to do penance for a forbidden love. This Swedish flick is also about other Norse badbutts joining the crusades in Jerusalem. Apparently, it's the biggest production ever in Sweden (or rahter Scandinavia on a whole), raking in at over $30 million, not exactly much in Hollywood terms. The average Scandinavian film usually has a $2 million budget.

To learn more about the movie click here to talk with others on IMDB about this flick. There is apparently a sequel coming soon entitled, ARN-Riket vid vägens slut. Some people love this flick, others hate it. You decide check it out when it comes to a movie house near you.

To view the many photos please click here and here.

Interesting outfit from Mary...not to sure what I think of it really. Love her hair though - it's straightened!! :D Thanks for the info on the film GT

No problem, but from what I have been hearing (I heard about this film prior to TCP couple viewing it) that the movie isn't half bad. Although I tend to like the books better because it's hard to transfer a novel to screen, if you know what I mean. So Arn is a cross between/rip-off of Kingdom of Heaven (which was an awful, awful movie byt the way) Gladiator (in terms of tone, lighting, camera angles, dialogue, music, style and so forth), and Lord of the Rings (battle scenes.)

You can watch the trailer on Youtube, like this one.

Or click here to hear a bunch of people who worked on the flick babble on and on and on about their experience reciting lines, how wonderful this film is, and watching some above-the-line guys holding a steady cam whilst following the actors around and so forth.

Here is my friend's summary of the movie:
In the first book, we meet Arn Magnusson a young noble of one of the great clans in Sweden. He is taught to ride and fight by a retired templar living in a monestary in Denmark. When he returns home to the semi-pagan Sweden he is immediatly caught in the political scheeming between the clans.

He falls in love with a lownoble woman called Cecilia. They are "together" before marriage which is then discovered by the evil clan of Sverkerne.

The knowledge they utilize by having the Swedish Archbishop (a member of their clan) to condem Arn and his beloved Cecilia to 20 years of service to the church. Arn is to serve as a Knight Templar in the Holy Land while Cecilia is to be locked up in a monestary.

That's how Arn ends up in where he is.

Thanks for all the info GT. Its sometimes good to see them attending fun things like a movie but at a formal event. I like Marys hair but not the outfit.

I would like to see the outfit more closer!It's nice to see them attending this not so mucht formal events like going to a movie!

She looks happy, but IMO that is an ugly outfit. The pants, looks nice but maybe with a different top. I absolutely hate the coat/jacket.

What a ugly coat she is wearing!Gosh that is terrible IMO!

Why is it ugly? It's trendy and young and fun. It's the sort of Bolero that I would wear on a crisp autumm evening to keep the chill off and I'm 49.
Yay Mary, us Aussies have good taste. :flowers:

I'm sure if you saw the jacket in the flesh, on Mary, you would love it. :wub:

never do

i always got told, you never wear black with navey blue, and that what she has done.

if you look at her pants they are navy and her top is black , not a good mix

sorry:flowers:

i always got told, you never wear black with navey blue, and that what she has done.

And I was always told that 'blue and green should never be seen' but I think the two colours go really well together.
This season 'someone' said that mauve was the new black, last season 'someone' said that cherry red was the new black. If 'someone' said that 'Brides in white was a no-no' would all the future brides choose a different colour for their wedding dresses? :flowers:
Mary can get away with wearing any colour and style that she likes and look good doing it and I think that she will continue to do so because she is an individual who knows what she likes.

IMO, the outfit is good. The pants to me don't look navy blue, they look more purple-ish with a hint of blue. If the pants were a true navy blue, then we might have a problem, but I don't think they are. I like the jacket, it would not look good on me, but looks fine on her.

I like everything apart from the jacket. That is so ugly. OMG. The pants are very elegant and I like her smile :)

I must say that pants were interesting and beautiful but jacket was really ugly despite this might be modern and so on. I think that this outfit was good for this kind of occasion and Mary can try these different outfits but it's just not my taste. And finally I like to add that Mary's hair are very very beautiful and shiny!

I'm not a big fan of the coat either, but I think that as a whole the outfit works

I think the pants are black, but because of the material agaist the leather appear navy-ish. Perhaps that jacket was a Christmas present and she felt she had to wear it. Wish Madeleine Glindorf had taken some shots and perhaps we'd have seen the details of M's gold cuff.

I'm not liking the outfit much. I actually thought the details on the jacket and the wrist area of the blouse looked kind of "older", shall I say. IMO, the outfit seems a little too old for Mary. More for the 40-something woman not really for the 30-something woman. I think it's a nice outfit just not the right one for Mary, but there are certainly good elements that are there!

Her hair looks great, the outfit, too many different types of material and too much shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom