Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: January-October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
As you might know, we have a special Royal Holiday Season Forum to cover special events occurring over Christmas and New Year such as the Danish New Year Receptions.

Please post all your pictures, articles, links in the Danish New Year Celebrations 2007 thread.

Happy New Year and Happy Posting!

Mandy

i love marys coat also, is it new? or do i not remember it- speaking of coats, fred loves to show his style with that multi colored number. christian is adorable, i love his coat, very stylish babe

I don't recall her wearing that beautiful textured coat before, BBB. SO I'm going to take a wild guess that it is new.

:)

She wore the coat first arriving in germany, it is a PRADA coat, see this post in the designer thread. She also wore it for the private party after the christening of Princes Sverre Magnus, and one other private occasion last year.

Thank you, Larzen, for finding the correct answer to the question.

:)

I do remember that coat, but it was hard to tell if the fabric matched with the coat Crown Princess Mary recently wore to Tivoli. After a closer look at several other photos it is clear it is the same textured black Prada coat.

It looks like real or faux Persian lamb, doesn't it?

christian is adorable! where is ziggy? the last year he was in the christmas card but don't this year, I miss him

Ziggy went for a walk with them on december 25, there are pictures of them but not Ziggy. I miss the dog too he is such a cute dog

Lady Jean said:
It looks like real or faux Persian lamb, doesn't it?
I agree with you Verdana.
I think it is like her little brown jacket - made of Persian lamb.

The Women's Day this week did a Past Lives special with an astrologer, and the woman Mary & Frederik's past lives.

"These two were husband and wife in Germany back in the 1600s. Mary's parents were opposed to the marriage because Frederik wasn't rich enough. But Mary had a stubborn streak and was determined to marry for love. Her parents did everything they could to stop her, but she became pregnant and a wedding was hastily arranged. Tragically, the baby was stillborn and Mary's parents said it was God's punishment. The couple had no more children.
This time around the fairytale Prince and Princess will have as many children as they wish."

I found that really interesting, so I decided to share it with you, but if the moderators think that is breeches some kind of copyright, they can remove it if necessary.

Princess of Monaco said:
I read in hola Mary beggining to use the pre mom clothes... Its great
you are right… also I read the article and I liked much…:flowers: She look wonderful with her pregnancy

the picture is so cute. a real lovely family

Yes, old picture. Maybe about 2 or 3 months since it was taken? But it is a lovely photo of them.

dazzling said:
Isnt this an old picture, i mean, she wasnt pregnant when this was taken ?

She was in her first trimester of pregnancy, I think.

Beautifull stamps for Greenland:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Colourpress/Steen Evald/Edwin Veloo.

Orders, decorations and medals on an ordinairy sweater, how original :) The family seems rather happy and nice but I wish the danish photographer would be less inclined to use photoshop to make everybody look like a doll. IMHO they are all goodlooking enough not to need that and the pictures would have been nicer with less brushing.

Marengo said:
Orders, decorations and medals on an ordinairy sweater, how original :).
What do you mean by 'ordinary sweater'? It's an 'anorak' - the traditional Greenlandic custome - which is worn by greenlanders on festive occations - with any medals etc. which the holder may have.

Ah, that changes it, thanks for explaining. I just had the impression it as an ordinairy sweater/anorak that one buys at an H&M for example.

lucien said:

PPE Agency

What a lovely family - all dressed in the national costumes of Greenland. Christian is a real cutie. :wub:

lucien said:

PPE Agency

absolutly loverly photos! christian is so so cute and adorable, i can't wait for see the new baby

Just wanted to make some comments about Mary and Frederik in Norway for King Harald's 70th birthday....away from the Norwegian boards, just to focus on a few things people have said there (on the Norway Royal boards)...

Firstly to superficial matters:

I liked Frederik's red pants!!! He has a totally goofy style that makes him very endearing and obviously Mary loves that about him too...and she probably never thinks to comment on his clothing choices because that is part of who he is...and to criticise his pants is equal to criticising him as a person...and it was like a blizzard in Norway, maybe he wanted to be very *visible* save getting lost in the snow ;)

People have commented on Mary's demenour at the concert (black chiffon dress) and gala dinner (burgundy velvet dress) that she wasn't her usual self, lost some of her spark, looks out of her league, uncomfortable at those big events...but we don't know the full story, we just project our own ideas, assume things from one expression and speculate regarding certain behaviours...which is exactly what I am about to do...Mary's lack of *spark* could be due to the fact that:

1. She is pregnant...women become reflective as the birth (due date) approaches...and this being her second child, she knows (roughly) what she is in for and maybe she is preoccupied, scared even?

2. She left Christian in Denmark...was this her choice? was it made for her? was Christian upset about them leaving? unconsolable? Christian is only 1 year old...he was probably very clingy and crying when they left and Mary has been upset/worried/preoccupied ever since?

3. She wore "recycled" dresses to both events...did she want something new to wear, but was told to cut back on clothes spending, re. earlier spending budgets? She looked more uncomfortable in the black dress...so is it not one of her favourites? So she was having a good old fashioned tantrum or sulk. if you will...

4. She looked uncomfortable around the other royal women/Crown Princesses, like Mathilde, Maxima, Mette-Marit, etc...maybe she wasn't particularly chatty due to the reasons stated above...Maybe she does feel a little odd in their company...the suburban girl from Tasmania, hobnobbing with the royal and famous? She hasn't been around that long, she is probably still finding her feet...learning the language, customs and traditions, protocols, personalities, etc

5. Lastly, she was working the "night shift" both nights...both events were held at night...which means have a nap during the day, being seven months pregnant, have light meal in the afternoon and then get primmed and propped ready to go out for a night of music and dancing...I personally would be physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted be the end of it...No wonder she looks tired and sparkless...Who wouldn't be?

How did I go? Are any of these plausible explanations for Mary's lack of spark?

Xeara said:
4. She looked uncomfortable around the other royal women/Crown Princesses, like Mathilde, Maxima, Mette-Marit, etc...maybe she wasn't particularly chatty due to the reasons stated above...Maybe she does feel a little odd in their company...the suburban girl from Tasmania, hobnobbing with the royal and famous? She hasn't been around that long, she is probably still finding her feet...learning the language, customs and traditions, protocols, personalities, etc

How did I go? Are any of these plausible explanations for Mary's lack of spark?

You've got it; I think Mary usually overcompensates to make up for these "inadequacies" by being extra royal. I think power-packed weekends like the King Harald celebrations plus being six - 7 months pregnant left her too pooped to care. :ermm:

I didn't see any discomfort or "lack of spark" in Mary. I thought over all she looked great on this trip, more so at the first gala event than the second. She seemed to enjoy herself quite a bit during the concert and at the outdoor museum she was photographed laughing with the Grand Duke of Luxembourg and chatting with Mathilde, Victoria, and Mette-Marit.

As for your reasons for her "lack of spark""; 1, 2, and 5 is hard to know, and if they were true I certainly couldn't tell. 4 I disagree with and 3 I don't think is plausible at all as she wore a brand new dress and beautiful new fur coat.:cool:

Last edited:
I wasn't aware Mary had "inadequacies".

Before you take my "reasons" for Mary's lack of spark...(which I personally didn't see, she looked fine to me, always reserved anyway)...too seriously they were just for fun to make a point...that it is ridiculous to speculate about how a person is feeling based on a few photos...because we don't see or hear the full story...we don't know what conversations transpired before the event to make her possibly appear edgy or nervous...Maybe she had an arguement with Frederik, it is possible?

Again for the record...I did not detect any lack of sparkle in Mary's demeanour...Maybe a bit overwhelmed but that's it!!!

I don't really think she had any preocupation regarding Christian,he always stays at home, so he must be with someone he really likes and with someone Mary really trusts!
Because she is pregnant is a bit difficult to have all rigth! I really don't like the coat she has wear when she arrived and on saturday afternnon beCause was too long for her and too big! I love her saturday night dress, she was lovely and the coat she wear on friday nigth was lovely too. I don't like to see her dressing all in black, she has a dark hair so a bit of colour in her clothes suite her mucht better than dark colours IMO!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom