Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
Welcome to part 5 of Frederik's and Mary's current events where you can post current news, articles and pictures. The old thread can be found here.

Please read TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines, before posting.

Since there are specific threads for old pictures and to voice your opinions about Frederik and Mary, this thread is restricted to posting current events only.

Happy Posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Frederik, Mary, Christian and John Donaldson at a horseshow in Bernstorffparken.
foto: AOP Denmark

Attachments

• 00357390000001.jpg
    00357390000001.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 787
  • 00357390000005.jpg
    00357390000005.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 701
  • 00357390000007.jpg
    00357390000007.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 00357390000010.jpg
    00357390000010.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,032
please don't tell me fred is wearing a sweater vest!!!!!!!!! mary looks cute and casual but come on my dad's 87 and won't wear a sweater vest.

:eek:

I hope that bearded man who appears to be drinking a cocktail is not babysitting Prince Christian?

Oh great to see Christian being out with his parents. :)
are there any closeups of him?

PreDoc said:
:eek:

I hope that bearded man who appears to be drinking a cocktail is not babysitting Prince Christian?

Probably not babysitting, but spending time with his grandson. That's Prince Christian's grandfather, John Donaldson.

13.5.06 Frederik and Mary at a wedding in Funen, to someone called Olsen at a place called Holckenhavn
Mary is recyceling the Carolina Hererra dress from Japan, the Cardigan looks odd though

fotos taken by AOP denmark

Attachments

• 00357391000002.jpg
    00357391000002.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 782
  • 00357391000011.jpg
    00357391000011.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 717
Last edited:
These dress it´s very beatiful, but that cardigan she must by a new one.

antonieta said:
These dress it´s very beatiful, but that cardigan she must by a new one.

I think that the reason for Mary jusing the cardigan is because it is very chilly at the moment her in Denmark.
We all thougt that the danish summer had arivede with the warm and sunny dayes,but sadly it disappeared last Saturday:( :( :( :(

H.M. Margrethe said:
I think that the reason for Mary jusing the cardigan is because it is very chilly at the moment her in Denmark.
We all thougt that the danish summer had arivede with the warm and sunny dayes,but sadly it disappeared last Saturday:( :( :( :(

I know its chilly but surely she could of got a better jacket and colour than that! , she does look fab but the cardigan so doesnt go !

That cardigan is out of place. It looks strange with that dress and next to her husband dressed like that.

I dont know what is the problem with Donaldson drinking a cocktail next to his grandson, ive seen tons of parents and grandparents drinking wine or cocktails next to their children. He is not alcoholic nor drunk and he is not giving alcohol to the infant. We dont even know if he is drinking alcohol or just a fruit juice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it customary for only the bride to wear white and for the guests to opt for other colours?

I have to say I agree that the cargidan is a bit off with the elegant gown, which I like. A dressy shawl would have been far better. Not sure about the white - I have seen guests wear white at a wedding as long as it is set off by other colors. I like the gown - a different style for her.

CP Mary is an elegant woman but I don't understand why she wore the cardigan. It spoils everything.

Sira said:
CP Mary is an elegant woman but I don't understand why she wore the cardigan. It spoils everything.

Maybe she arrived without a coat or something and some other guest lend her the cardigan as protection against the cold? In later photos it appears as if she never planned to wear the cardigan.

I don't think the cardigan looks bad at all but it would have looked better if it was white and not pink.

BeatrixFan said:
I don't think the cardigan looks bad at all but it would have looked better if it was white and not pink.

That's my point. It's not the cardigan, but the colour. Maybe it is her cardigan but she came without a coat (or splashed something on her coat) and had that cardigan in the car? Or, as I said before, someone helped her out with it. It's not like Mary to combine this dress with such an cardigan - but as she obviously did it in fact, there must be a reason for it.

I'm absolutely convinced it was not meant to look that way.

Larzen said:
13.5.06 Frederik and Mary at a wedding in Funen, to someone called Olsen at a place called Holckenhavn
Mary is recyceling the Carolina Hererra dress from Japan, the Cardigan looks odd though

fotos taken by AOP denmark
one of my favorites. didnt get much press the first time? very nice though.

Hello everyone,

Any more photos of them at this wedding? Or in Japan wearing this same dress?

Whose wedding did they attend?

I think it is a fauxpax to wear white as a dominating colour at a wedding if you are a guest. White should be exclusively reserved for the bride.

But it looked great though.

She wants to be the center of attention!

I have noticed that in europe at a lot of weddings, other women wear white . I don't think it is a problem there where as here in america it is made a big deal of. At one of the members of westlifes wedding the grooms mother wore white. I think maybe it is because you really cant up stage the bride she is the star of the day no matter what anyone else wears.:)

She's wearing black and white and I think she'd upstage the bride whatever she wore.

Has anyone noticed their body language lately? If body language was for sure revealing, than I would say that they are not getting on too well...

It is still very much arrogant and rude for a guest to wear white to a wedding - even in Europe.

Wearing white, in some countries, is okay. But to wear a full white skirt which resembles the bottom of a bridal gown is considered by some to be a faux pas.

Some may see this as Princess Mary trying to upstage the bride. I'm not so sure that is the case. May be it was an honest mistake to which Princess Mary really didn't think it was a big deal. But, compared to other wedding guests and their attire, Princess Mary really stood out. Not in a good way either. She looked nice; a tad showy from my point of view.

Not much Princess Mary can do now; the day is over. Time to move on. Let's hope she won't make that little mistake again in the future.:)

If you have a look at the photo of Princess Mary standing with the bride, there appears to be another guest also wearing white.(shock horror!!). I don't see the big deal, there is never any doubt who the bride is. Even if everyone wore white, as some weddings do ask of their guests on the invitation, as a theme, there is only one focus at a wedding and thats the people getting married. I also think that the cardigan is great, it looks less obvious if the Princess had worn white or black as this blends to her skin tone somewhat. I think that she looks beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom