Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i so agree royaltywatcher, too many of his clothes don't fit correctly.

I notice that about Frederick too, but I think he's just in positions that pull the buttons in a lot of photos. If he wore his jackets much larger, we'd say they were too big! Haha! And yes, they do look amazing. They'd better with as much as they're spending. Any ugly clothes should be considered a CRIME against the people!!!

linneatherose said:
I notice that about Frederick too, but I think he's just in positions that pull the buttons in a lot of photos. If he wore his jackets much larger, we'd say they were too big! Haha! And yes, they do look amazing. They'd better with as much as they're spending. Any ugly clothes should be considered a CRIME against the people!!!

cracked me up linneatherose, alot of the royals could be charged with that lol at the trial than can plead "my stylist made me do it, they said i looked good with a birds nest on my head" lol;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think that it would be nice if CP Federik would match his neck tie with what the princess will be wearing for the event. Because it looks akward with his blue tie and her outfit this time.

She may spend lot of money in clothes, as the other princess do, but at least she looks always perfect. She recycles a lot in an original way, like that hat she has used several time with different flowers.

Mary looks great in that color, but I wish she would wear more vivid colors so she stood out more in a crowd. That is one thing the English royals know.

royaltywatcher said:
Why can't Frederick wear a jacket that fits? There is always that triangle of shirt showing up below his button.

Because he only ties his first button of his jacket. LOL

qui mal y pense said:
Mary looks great in that color, but I wish she would wear more vivid colors so she stood out more in a crowd. That is one thing the English royals know.
eek. i disagree. i think the English royals have the least sense of fashion. Sometimes they look positively clownish!!

Mary must really love this hat! :D The last time she wore it was with the ill-fitting red dress and I thought the combo just looked really off. The hat's light pink color contrasts nicely with Mary's rich, dark hair.

I think many dont look at the whole picture...

These people aren't your everyday indaviduals...they hold an office that is to represent Denmark and one day, shall represent the highest & most revered office in the land.

Some say its too extravegant to spend I million K a year on personal expenses. Given their role I dont think its that much at all. I would place a very big bet that Charles would spend much more than that yet he doesn't get chastized for it here, does he?

Really, these are peope who (to us common folk ;)) are in extroardinary positions & who are required to uphold all that is expected of a royal household.

I would very much love to see how Mary & Frederik's costs of expenses compare to those of their counterparts, and if by chance they have spent more than some, I am confident they have their reasons for it. Who are we to judge what other's spend their personal allocated income on?

Any how, if the tabloids are at all "accurate", I think it better to have spent 1 million K in a year than $US 1 million in a month like Miss Oprah Winfrey. But I guess that's just one of the many difference's between royal's and celebrities.

"MII"

Last edited:
I have to agree with all the comments about CP Frederiks suits. A man in his position should perhaps have access to someone who knows how to fit a suit and give him some hints aobut how he should wear them in public. His wife always looks, IMO, beautifully dressed and he does rather let the side down sometimes. (He did look amazing at the most recent wedding they attended as did CP Mary in the grecian style dress she wore.
Maybe no one is game enough to say anything to him???

I also agree with the comments about Frederiks suits they never seem to fit.

Thanks for the photos adry. I love Mary's hat.

In fact, I love that she has brought hats back into style. She always seems to look fantastic in them. It adds to her style and makes it unique.

Margrethe II said:
I think many dont look at the whole picture...

These people aren't your everyday indaviduals...they hold an office that is to represent Denmark and one day, shall represent the highest & most revered office in the land.

Some say its too extravegant to spend I million K a year on personal expenses. Given their role I dont think its that much at all. I would place a very big bet that Charles would spend much more than that yet he doesn't get chastized for it here, does he?
Charles pays income tax on his earnings, as far as I know the Danish Royal couple do not.

Margrethe II said:
I would very much love to see how Mary & Frederik's costs of expenses compare to those of their counterparts, and if by chance they have spent more than some, I am confident they have their reasons for it. Who are we to judge what other's spend their personal allocated income on?
It would be interesting, but slightly pointless. The various monarchies are all different and some are wealthier than others.

Margrethe II said:
Any how, if the tabloids are at all "accurate", I think it better to have spent 1 million K in a year than $US 1 million in a month like Miss Oprah Winfrey. But I guess that's just one of the many difference's between royal's and celebrities.

"MII"
Oprah Winfrey earned her money herself, as do the vast majoirty of celebrities. It is hers to spend as she chooses.
Fred and Mary on the other hand receive their income from the Danish taxpayer so should be expected to be accountable to the people.

I don't particularly like the outfit from the Rotary event, the dress is incredibly insipid, not to mention something I'd expect somebody's grandmother to wear. As for the hat I'm not overly keen on the oversized flower.

I like it very much, it is very nice, i like the colors and the hat, she looks very elegant. The only thing i notice is that she looks a bit tired and that can be because they were on Germany the day before.

Little_star said:
Fred and Mary on the other hand receive their income from the Danish taxpayer so should be expected to be accountable to the people.
I'm a Danish taxpayer and as far as I am concerned I consider the petty claims that they should be held 'accountable' for just ...petty. The royal family get an alotted amount from the Danish state/taxpayers to be divided amongst the individual members of the family. That amount is - IMO - so ridiculously small compared with the amounts that are spent - a lot misspent - elsewhere in our society that I cannot lower myself to complain about it - considering the PR the country get for that money all the whining about the 'poor Danish taxpayers' is just so misplaced.
As long as the royal family fulfillls the role they are supposed to fulfill in Denmark within the boundaries set for their roles who are we to complain as to how they spend a certain amount in one particular year. They are not puppets who are to be controlled in their every move.

<Removed off-topic comment - Mandy>

I also am a danish taxpayer...And I really see no problem in Frederick and Mary's expenses. They run a huge household and represent a nation..and they do it well, in fact. And yes, Oprah earned her own money. But the DRF's job is one they are born to do...And besides, we can hardly ask them to go out and get a job in order to pay for...well...their job:eek:??
Danes pay their salary...But it is returned to us tenfold -
And if Mary didnt spend money on clothes, what would we have to talk about ;) ???? :D

Well I personally agree although I am not a danish tax payer but a us tax payer!:p I think they do a very good job by doing state visits and endorsing activities that help bring a better image to that country. Besides they are born with that gift and they have to deal with their sets of paparazzi.

I think that if our Danish tax paying members are fine with Mary and Frederiks expenses which they seem to be than the rest of us should just drop it.

How money is spent by royals will be always a topic of discussion and/or disagreement. That is the reason why some royalties dont even report their expenses. People that have problem with the monarchy, will always use this subject as a reason of why their countries should avoid the system. How many times we have seen similars reports from other royals, it doesnt make Fred and Mary any different or any worse. Most of the european royalties has suffered of the same acussations in the latest years, nothing new.

I don't know anything about the Danish taxpaying system but, from what I have seen and heard of Frederik and Mary's appearances, they have earned every penny.:)

lise said:
I think that if our Danish tax paying members are fine with Mary and Frederiks expenses which they seem to be than the rest of us should just drop it.

I guess it's the same in Denmark as in Germany, which does not have a Royal family but a head of state: the citizen vote for their representatives, these form the parliament and then parliament agrees on the money the state is going to spent on representation including financing the head of state.

If there are years in which additional costs are to be covered (eg Germany had to repair Bellevue palace in Berlin, seat of our head of state) additional money is being agreed upon by parliament.

So the whole costs of representation is monitored by parliament. Thus, it doesn't matter if the country in question is a monarchy or a republic. So one can leave it at that. It's not after all as if Frederick and Mary became indebted and the state had to cover these debts. They spent what was theirs to spent and for the things they deemed necessary.

Denmark's Australian-born Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik attend a concert by the band Outlandish at the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek Museum in Copenhagen, Denmark , Tuesday, June 27 2006. The museum was reopened Tuesday after a 3 year renovation. The museum is best known for its impressionist paintings, antique sculptures, an Etruscan collection and Danish art.

Pics and caption from Polfoto
Mary looks drop dead gorgeous in that dress! :)

Attachments

• maryfred01.jpg
    maryfred01.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 366
  • maryfred02.jpg
    maryfred02.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 347
  • maryfred03.jpg
    maryfred03.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 4,497
  • maryfred04.jpg
    maryfred04.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 335
i love princess mary dress!! is very classy and elegenat! they are such an amzing couple they seem to be soooin love

I really like Princess Mary's fashion style. I love this newest white dress. Very pretty! And this hairstyle is nice too.
Little Christian is such a cute chubby baby! :)

Oh...i simply love the white dress!!!! Really suits the crown princess.

I like the shoes more than the dress :D. The shoes are really summery and I've always had a thing for peep-toe shoes. Does anybody have more photos? I've been looking through several photo agencies and there's nothing! :(

She looks absolutely stunning. Love the outfit.....dress, shoes, bag, jewellry, the whole happy lot.

Stellad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom