Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the brooch Mary is wearing!

MaddeDK said:
[FONT=verdana, arial]I was at the Tram Museum Skjoldnaesholm today [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial][/FONT]
Wow Madeleine, how did you manage to get so many photos, especially such close-ups... even one of her shoe, which I really like her shoes btw.
I think Frederick's jacket is a very dark burgundy (which goes with his pink striped shirt) I like a guy who's confident enough to wear pink.;)
Poor Frederick is turning grey though... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pictures everyone. :)

I think Frederik's jacket is burgundy not purple.

Face to Face

Last edited:
The purple scarf is so pretty. The color really comes out against the black. Thanks for the pictures Adry and Madeleine! :)

I wonder if Mary had fun driving the tram....:rolleyes:

Face to Face

Last edited:
lula said:
Larzen, Imelda Marcos was the wife of a president of The Philippines, famous for spending the money of her husband and of the country in all kinds of luxuries especially in her immense collection of shoes.

couldn't resist replying to this one :D well, too bad i can't understand the Ekstrabladet article, but Princess Mary ought not to imitate Imelda Marcos...we all love shoes, but i do hope she won't do what Imelda did. especially at the expense of the people's money.

back to the topic--i agree with you guys, the purple scarf makes a perfect partner for the dark dress! :)

Last edited:
Just had a look at Madeleine's pictures, they really are great. Thanks so much for sharing. I love that colour on CP Mary.

RhapsodyBrat said:
couldn't resist replying to this one :D well, too bad i can't understand the Ekstrabladet article, but Princess Mary ought not to imitate Imelda Marcos...we all love shoes, but i do hope she won't do what Imelda did. especially at the expense of the people' money.
:)

Dont worry,

I definitly cant picture that happening :)

"MII"

Thanks Madeleine for your wonderful pictures! :)
And Adry too, for her pictures as well

Must agree with all of you, the purple scarf really is brilliant against Mary's dark outfit
And Fred's jacket has got to go! Purple velvet-looking material *shudder*

Australian said:
The problem is, is that we don't have any photos of other guests at the wedding, we have just seen Mary and one or two others but how can we comment fairly when we haven't seen some other pics showing other guests. It could be a white theme of some sort that the bride wants, that could have been specifically stated in the invitation, we don't know.

That is so true- I bet if Mary wore black they would say "Oh how boring or she's trying to upstage the bride ". My first thought of that picture was how beautiful- Mary with her friend celebrating the wonderful day- nothing more nothing less...I think Mary looked splendid. I would like to see more photos from this day too.:)

MaddeDK said:
[FONT=verdana, arial]I was at the Tram Museum Skjoldnaesholm today - some of my photos can be seen at: http://www.royal-swedish-websites.com/royal/denmark/230506/ if anyone's interested. [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]

Enjoy,
Madeleine Glindorf :)

http://www.royal-swedish-websites.com/royal/denmark/230506/images/pic37.jpg
[/FONT]

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your photos are brilliant- well done- I particularly like the close ups and ones of the cream roses she had- they are so good- keep up the great work- i really enjoyed looking at them. thank you.:) :)

Fab pictures, Mary and Fred look so happy together !!!

Images from seeger

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 194
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 197
Yes, and not only in Denmark, a lot of rain and cold. The summer is far away

Thanks Madelaine for your beautifull pictures and for charing them with us....
Mary loooks gorgeous!!Very elegant in tha suite! Is always nice to see Mary and Frederick together!!!

lovely pics. i hope there are pics like that in womans weekly or new idea nxt week;) :D

Interesting Article - CP Mary blows royal budget

Mary blows royal budget

By FIONA HUDSON in LONDON and CLAIR WEAVER

May 28, 2006

PRINCESS Mary has been dubbed a "Nordic Imelda Marcos" in the Danish press after intimate details of her extravagant spending habits were revealed.

The annual report into the finances of the Danish royals showed she and Crown Prince Frederik were splurging the equivalent of $2500 a day on items such as clothes, shoes and furniture.

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,19278851-5001021,00.html

Edited for removal of whole article, as per forum rules. Norwegianne

They just had a new baby, of course expenses are going to go up. Plus, what about Frederik's spending, why just focus on Mary's? That article sounds too harsh for me.

Im pretty sure that all the princesses spend a good amount of money in clothing, shoes and some whims...not only Mary...;)

In the past year Mary was also pregnant, so she had to buy new clothes to make room for the belly.

June 11
TRH The Crown Prince Couple are present at the opening ceremony of the annual convention of Rotary International at the Bella Center at 13.20.
from facetoface

Attachments

• 00968733.jpg
    00968733.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 362
  • 00968734.jpg
    00968734.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 00968735.jpg
    00968735.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 251
  • 00968736.jpg
    00968736.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 582
I think that ANYONE spending nearly a million dollars on personal expenses in ONE YEAR is quite extravagant. I think they should cut back.

I don't know about the millions they spend, but they look fantastic! I love her hat! looks similar to the one she wore for the wood exhibition.

Kelly said:
I don't know about the millions they spend, but they look fantastic! I love her hat! looks similar to the one she wore for the wood exhibition.

That hat was slighty different, but it looked like it indeed. :) I love this hat! She's worn it before, I believe. So if she's spending millions on clothing, she's at least recycling some pieces. :p

Why can't Frederick wear a jacket that fits? There is always that triangle of shirt showing up below his button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom