Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
question from the last thread... i mistaked greenlands traditional costume for a sweatshirt.. sorry... so why was frederik wearing greenland's costume??

The stamp was for Greenland, wich is an autonomous part of Denmark...

Mary and Christian were also wearing Greenland's national costume. It wasn't just Fred.

I thought Greenland wasn't a part of Denmark in any way these days. Total independence no? I do like how the family frequently visits though, for tradition's sake.

SpiffyBallerina said:
I thought Greenland wasn't a part of Denmark in any way these days. Total independence no? I do like how the family frequently visits though, for tradition's sake.
Greenland has been semi-autonomous since 1979, but Denmark is still in charge of foreign and defence policy. Like the Faroe Islands, Greenland has two members sitting in the Folketing (the Parliament)

Can someone please *explain* to me, Mary's outfit on the hunt day lunch...the grey coat and red skirt thing...

Now to me it looks like a dark top, red print skirt and grey overcoat...but it has flaps that make it look like it is a suit (jacket and skirt)...so I am confused...it is a grey skirt with a red print panel or what?

Someone help me solve the mystery of the "Hunting for answers to the Ladies who Lunch outfit"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/DRWs/gh3.jpg

Last edited:
xeara i think thats the question of the week, what is really happening with the outfit. i've looked at every photo i can find and can't make sense of it at all.

Xeara said:
Can someone please *explain* to me, Mary's outfit on the hunt day lunch...the grey coat and red skirt thing...

Now to me it looks like a dark top, red print skirt and grey overcoat...but it has flaps that make it look like it is a suit (jacket and skirt)...so I am confused...it is a grey skirt with a red print panel or what?

Someone help me solve the mystery of the "Hunting for answers to the Ladies who Lunch outfit"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/DRWs/gh3.jpg

Yes Xeara (also bbb), I too was puzzled by the effect of a half overcoat with jacket worn on top. Perhaps somebody has seen the outfit before and can tell us all about it.
Mary does look very happy and confident, doesn't she? Good to see.

We haven't seen any photos of the couple doing some christmas shopping!!! I'am wondering how they do it?

biboquinhas said:
We haven't seen any photos of the couple doing some christmas shopping!!! I'am wondering how they do it?

My guess is: They did most of their Christmas shopping in Australia.:santa:

dazzling said:
Are there any more pictures from the event ?I'd love to see full length pictures
I don´t see anymore picture of that event, but I don´t know, probably exist more pictures.

Hi laurixa,

the article says that Frederik and Mary have invited the whole family to their own home, Kancellihuset,
on the "Little Christmas Eve", which is on Saturday, Dec. 23th.
On Christmas Eve they all will celebrate in Fredensborg palace, as planned.
(comment: Kancellihuset belongs to Fredensborg palace though, but they mean the main part)
There will be 29 family members which doesn't happen often.
And two Christmas trees already stand beside the door of Kancellihuset to welcome the guests.
(as you can see in the picture)

Last edited:
suss 2 said:
Yes Xeara (also bbb), I too was puzzled by the effect of a half overcoat with jacket worn on top. Perhaps somebody has seen the outfit before and can tell us all about it.
Mary does look very happy and confident, doesn't she? Good to see.

http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=4687

this photo looks like black swearter, red skirt and coat cut to look like matching suit and jacket.
still confused:bang:
she looks glowing and happy

I wonder if they, or any of the RF's are sending out Christmas Cards this year? Seems odd that we have not seen anything as of yet. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom