Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seams that it is cold in Denmark by now!!!! I think she looks very well in casual clothes.

biboquinhas said:
It seams that it is cold in Denmark by now!!!! I think she looks very well in casual clothes.
It is! It came suddenly yesterday - after a warm October, it suddenly turned very cold with the first bits of snow as well.

Yeah. It's cold everywhere :cool:
But I quite dislike Mary's hat and Fred's coat. I can't help myself ;)

It seams that Princess Mary likes those kind of hats, she ussualy wears them in Winter! I really don't like them either! Yes it seams thta cold weather in coming everywhere! In Portugal is also mucht more cold today!

Its good to see them dressed down sometimes. Mary looks good though somethings dont match. I really like the hat, its cool

I love seeing these two having fun and relaxing. It lets everyone see that they are normal in a sense, just like everyone else. I agree with dazzling, the hat is cool and one of my favorite colours. They both look really happy.

They do look very happy !! witch is he really nice to see !

Last edited:
well I think they are the best royal couple because they show that they do pratical things, normal things like watching a game in such pratical clothes! Well it is good to see them so relax like normal people. I really like them!

I think they look gorgeous on casual clothes!!! I agreed with you biboquinhas
they my favorite royal couple!! They are like us, normal people ...there are times to be formal and others to relax and enjoy the simple things...
They looked great together!!

Im not so sure about her suit, looks abit manish, though like her printed top, added a feminine look to the suit. She looked good and radiant. Is it a one day visit or will they be spending th enight in Brussels?

the suit is good choice for the meeting, professional but feminine with the silk scarf. the photos with the children are precious, i like the grown ups expressions looking at them. i read somewhere it's just a day visit. how far is it to brussels by car? or did they fly. thanks for the links

The suit is good for the ocassion but in my opinion not feminine at all!The scarf it's nice but the suit is not at all feminine IMO

dazzling said:
Is it a one day visit or will they be spending th enight in Brussels?
Must be a one-day visit; according to the couple's website Mary will attend a conference about women and heart diseases tomorrow starting at 9.30 a.m. She attends as patron of the Danish heart association.

Brussels can't be far by plane from Copenhagen; I haven't tried it myself but I guess it's one hour or less.

Thankssss marilla ! Mary is fantastic

I'm not to crazy about the suit Mary's wearing today, but i think she wears it well and I really love the colors of the top and scarf. IMO she's lovely no matter what she wears.

So, what was the conferance about?

I think the blouse is attached to the scarf...it's one of those seventies style blouses. I like it, it gave a feminine touch to the business suit.

Picture from GettyImages
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72418240.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=8AF8AF6A335E5B087EC37FB64BA62375

Never mind, I just found my answer on the Danish Royal Watchers:

The Crown Prince and Crown Princess spent time in the cabinet of Danish representative, Commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel, to get an insight into the workings of the Commission. Later in the day the Crown Prince Couple also met future chairman of the EU Parliament, Mr. Alejo Vidal-Quadras.

Last edited:
I'm just reading a strange article of "the Mirror" found in the Danish Royal Watchers" -post 50- in which we can see the Crown Prince going out of a night club whithout his pregant wife.

So what! It's not forbidden for a man, even a Crown Prince to have evening with friends during the pregnancy of your wife, it's not an offense!.

I know that the Mirror is a "good" tabloïd very well informed with gossips, but who are the redactors of Danish Royal Watchers?

( I don't want imagine the spanish press in the same case for the Princes of Asturias

Last edited:
Yes, actually Frederik did go to a club and it was a Snoop Doggy party.. and get this.. half way through the party Snoop decided that he wanted more ladies at the party and decided to get rid of the men in the VIP section. Our dear Prince Frederik was one of the unfortunate men that had to be kicked out.. but his body guards and Snoop's body guards had exchanged a few words before a Danish clubber pointed out that Fred is the future king of Denmark!!! Snoop came out and apologized to our dear Prince who was absolutely down to earth and accepted the apology :)

Cute little story... lol Mary must be laughing her head off at this!!

Moral of the story: Take your wife/girlfriend next time you decide to go clubbing :)

Last edited:
How bizarre! I wonder what Snoop that about the whole situation knowing that he did that the a Prince!

I actually like Mary's suit that she wore to Brussels...some have said it is manly and boring...but think about it: it is a day trip, short plane ride, lots of airport transfers, etc...she probably went for something comfortable (she is pregnant AND flying), something crease resistant (sitting in car, then plane, then car, then venue, then car, etc), something warm (to cover her pins and that possibly looks good with a long overcoat), something slimming (she is pregnant but check out her legs in some photos, like I said "pins") and something conservative (the suit) with an individual touch (the scarf top)...So if you think about the practicalities (and that is why she pays a stylist) the outfit is PERFECT!!!

Couldn't agree with you more Xeara!!!
I'm totally in love wif the suit she wore to Brussels.

Yes, it's a very good outfit to work in the conditions expressed by Xeara but more it's very well done and elegant. Bur the scarve look's a little bite too sad for this outfit. Question of taste and color, we like or not! i like the executive outfits for women with a touch of feminity.

Can someone inform me who ask for this kind of visits? It was the EU headquarter in Brussels or the Princes themselves who wanted this visit?
I really don't like the outfit of Princess Mary neverthenless I think it is suitable for the ocassion and very formal.

I agree with you all, she looks great! Business suit meets feminine blouse...and presto! You've got a hole in one!:flowers:

RachelD said:
I agree with you all, she looks great! Business suit meets feminine blouse...and presto! You've got a hole in one!:flowers:

I agree. as i said before the suit looks boring, but with the top, it made it nicer. I think thats what a buisness suit should be, professional but yet fun. So it does not give a boring look to it. She knows how to dress (thanks to the stylists). Cant wait till the next event. Love to see them both out together

I agreed with you dazzling, i think Mary looks better with strong clolours clothes!!! The suit settlewith the occasion...but as a very sad colour...the top is very feminine...looks great on Mary...very elegant!!!

Crown Prince Frederik looked so uncomfortable in the video, almost as though he wished he could be anywhere else. :ermm: IMO

I wonder if he dislikes attending those events?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom