Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
regardez said:
Well Maxima and Willem-Alexander are my favorites, but I like them all. It's not really a competetion for me. The thing I was saying is that there are just more articles and pictures posted of Mary and Fredrick. Wether that is because they pose for them and create the publicity, or the public wants it, who knows. The Spanish and Dutch family are more low-key in those arenas.

I live in the states and Mary was covered here and Maxima,Letizia weren't. I don't know why. Perhaps because Americans are more familiar with Australia than the other countries?

Although, I feel like we might get in trouble for being a bit off-topic.

Very true. I live in the States myself and don't understand for the life of me why for example Maxima, who used to live here after all, isn't covered in the press more..Or Letizia...Both these ladies photograph really really well, too, so that can't be it?! you have a point, it must be because the US media the like covering Mary because she is from an Anglo-Saxon place..

Is there a difference?

princess olga said:
Very true. I live in the States myself and don't understand for the life of me why for example Maxima, who used to live here after all, isn't covered in the press more..Or Letizia... you have a point, it must be because the US media like covering Mary because she is from an Anglo-Saxon place..
What about the Florida press; with a large Spanish-speaking population is there more coverage of Spanish-speaking Royals? I guess I could ask the same question for Southern California. Is there a difference between the media for English and Spanish speakers in what they report in regard to European royals?

yes there is a big difference, en those places they talk a lot of letizia... nothing about Mary... oh and of course a lot of Maxima too

Well Mary comes from Australia, that means she has a connection to the a huge part of the world that the other princess dont have. Coming from an English Speaking and well known country will do that. She is more "international".

I really think this whole popularity contests between royals depends on the audience.
English speaking doesn't really help that much. in broader sense, Spain is more "international" than Denmark.
I come from an Asian country that doesn't have english as 1st language.
but, here's what happen.. When Felipe & Letizia go married, and when Leonor is born, there's a whole article talking about it including big picture on the newspaper. Apart from Spain, the British are of course very popular.
however, there's no news on norway, sweden, denmark, belgium, and others...

princess olga said:
you have a point, it must be because the US media the like covering Mary because she is from an Anglo-Saxon place..

I don't see this as too big an issue. As another member said, none of the crown princesses are featured in the U.S. press much. People Magazine, the biggest celebrity magazine here, hasn't covered any of them.

The bigger problem for an American royalwatcher is getting info on the non-British royals at all. It's actually quite frustrating.

I happen to like all the crown princes and princesses so I don't see a need to compare them. Fred and Mary are an unusual pairing that seem to be happy despite their differences so that makes them doubly intriguing to me. It doesn't take away from the qualities of the other crown princely couples who are unique in their own way.

Warren said:
What about the Florida press; with a large Spanish-speaking population is there more coverage of Spanish-speaking Royals? I guess I could ask the same question for Southern California. Is there a difference between the media for English and Spanish speakers in what they report in regard to European royals?
yes, excellent point. I live in California and don't speak Spanish myself, but many many people here do, due to the large 'latino' community here. This is a bit off topic but definitely interesting about this place is that each community has its own media outlets, its own magazines, tv stations, etc. Caucasians are actually in the minority here these days so one can get many many different news perspectives (Chinese, Afghan, what have you), so most likely as well on the whole royal realm. Again I am not well versed in Spanish-language media here but wouldn't be at all surprised if they focus more on Letizia and Maxima than on Mary.

Living in Southern California as well, there is little to no information on any royalty. We do get the occasional snapshot of William rapelling down a wall and Harry's Nazi uniform but that's it. The British Royal Family are much more covered here but it's still pretty slim. The only way I get my royal news is from TRF :). There was a tiny clip of Mary's wedding on a Korean news channel that I saw when I was at a friend's house.

CNN had one short clip of the marriage and then another one right after the baby was born but that was about it for Mary. I think I saw a clip from Willem's and Maxima's wedding but not much else.

The U.S. can seem like a desert for royalwatchers.

So to change the subject a little, what did you think of Mary's cour?

I must admit I was wrong at first about it. I thought the cour would take attention away from the Queen's cours but it looks like Mary fully supported the Queen at her most important cours and looked totally grand and regal at them. Her own cour was very scaled down; no pictures. I wonder for such a low-key event, why there was so much hype.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because hype and controversy sell newspapers?

Elspeth said:
Because hype and controversy sell newspapers?
Or, as the case might be here, ups post counts?

I really didn't see much about it in the Danish press before it happened, one or two standard articles in the online papers, but no more than that.

norwegianne said:
Or, as the case might be here, ups post counts?

I really didn't see much about it in the Danish press before it happened, one or two standard articles in the online papers, but no more than that.

I was thinking about BT's headline article that Mary was starting a new tradition by having her own New Years cour. Now that I've seen the totally spectacular cours that the Queen presides over, I think the way Mary's event was described was overblown. But I think BT got the wording from the Royal website so its a mystery to me why it was described this way.

Anyway, the Queen's reasoning makes sense; its probably good for Mary to start with a small event of her own during the New Years season. The New Years cours seems to be an important tradition for the DRF.

she looks so regal and elegant

Preparing everything :eek:

from polfoto

Princes in [FONT=verdana,][SIZE=-1]Christiansborg [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,][SIZE=-1]Slotskirke [/SIZE][/FONT]

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 575
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 861
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 493
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 588
  • 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 363
  • 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 781
Last edited by a moderator:
I feel sorry for them looking at those pics. They look so drained and tired. Poor things.

They do indeed!
I guess having a newborn and 8 hours of sleeps are not compatible concepts.

Thank you fanLetizia.:)

Oh my, they certainly look totally exhausted, almost like sleepwalkers :D I guess the baby is not giving them much sleep, I do hope they manage to keep awake until and during Saturday :)

Frederik & Mary Prepare for Little Prince's Big Day

When Denmark's little prince feels a trickle of cold water over his head on Saturday morning, he will be blissfully unaware the moment is being celebrated by royal fans all over the world. His parents, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, will be all too aware of the intense public interest as their bundle of joy is christened in the chapel of Christiansborg Palace, however...

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/01/19/danishroyals/

Attachments

• danishroyals-dop1a.jpg
    danishroyals-dop1a.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 489
  • danishroyals-dop2a.jpg
    danishroyals-dop2a.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 789
fred needs to get some black boots, thanks for the pictures

Maybe they should take a nap lol What does the Christening start when does it end what will the Bishop say, Who is expected to carry the little darling to the font Wont the Bshop ask the Parents and Godparents some questions?? "Do you renounce Satan and all his works" so on and so forth

One thing that I like about Fred and Mary is that they look so much like normal couples sometimes regardless of their royal status. What new parents aren't a little tired after their first newborn? :)

gaby1985 said:
hola has an article and pictures of fred & mary walking in the snow with some freinds & ziggy the day after the christening.. they look very happy and relaxed.. you can also see some beautiful pictures of them in the snow in cpm message borad

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/01/23/nieve-dinamarca/

thank you very much for the information, gaby1985 .. :) :)

they're sweet wonderful pictures.
here's what i can get from hola :

Attachments

• federico1a.jpg
    federico1a.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 414
  • federico2a.jpg
    federico2a.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 516
  • federico3a.jpg
    federico3a.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 429
There is also a very sweet picture of F&M kissing in the snow but it seems to have been removed from the CPMEMB, I don't know why.

Ziggy must be a handfull, he is one of my favourite breeds of dog but their energy never stops. You have to constantly keep him active. Ziggy must have be a factor in marys workout routine.

Princejohnny25 said:
Ziggy must be a handfull, he is one of my favourite breeds of dog but their energy never stops. You have to constantly keep him active. Ziggy must have be a factor in marys workout routine.
And the nice thing about that is that walking Ziggy is something that can be done while walking Christian as well, unlike other things in Mary's workout routine before the pregnancy (the horseback riding, f.x.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom