Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Layla1971 said:
Does anyone have any pictures of the concert to honour Queen Ingrid? I haven't been able to find any.:(

The images have already been posted here, as they include several members of the Danish royal family and not just Fredeirk and Mary.

Oh, thank you, I didn't think to look there! Silly me!:( :eek:

did anyone read an article on woman's weekly that mary is suffering from post natal depression?

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:uZ8H3K4zGesJ:womansday.ninemsn.com. au/inthemag/default.aspx+Crown+Princess+Mary+%2B+post+natal+de pression&hl=en

"Sad Princess Mary's desperate cry for help
Her grim, fragile appearance has raised concerns that Crown Princess Mary may be suffering from postnatal depression. The much-anticipated happy family scene of Mary and Frederik pushing their beloved seven-week-old baby in a pram through the parklands surrounding Fredensborg Palace just hasn't eventuated. In fact, the royal bub is all but invisible — and Mary's trademark smile also seems to have vanished"

Last edited:
I think that is just a nasty rumour and if she is than it is not for us to discuss it. She should slow it down a bit. Denmark can survive without her for a little while longer. There are other members of the family to carry out official duties.

I wouldnt take anything Womans Weekly says as gospel, the magazine is rubbish.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Does anybody know the next time the will attend a gala or formal event.

Most likely HM the Queen's New Years reception at Christiansborg Slot. Women of the royal family shall observe a dress code consisting of tiara/ and or parure &gown. Possibly Order of the Elephant, of this, I am not sure.

I do hope HRH the Crown Princess attends.

"MII"

Last edited:
Me too. This will be the fifth time she wears a tiara right. I wonder which she will choose. I love the ruby one. I wonder how her dress will look on her much healthier figure.

I hope to see HRH sport her wedding tiara again. Its a gorgeous piece and suits her so, so well.

I do hope she wears her hair up for this event also.

"MII"

Princejonnhy25 said:
Me too. This will be the fifth time she wears a tiara right. I wonder which she will choose. I love the ruby one. I wonder how her dress will look on her much healthier figure.

Princejonnhy

How many does she have. I know that H.M. gave her one just prior to mary's wedding from memory. Where did she get the others??

Jaques D.

Jaques Demolay said:
How many does she have. I know that H.M. gave her one just prior to mary's wedding from memory. Where did she get the others??

Jaques D.

Hi Jaques D,

HRH the Crown Princess owns two tiara's, those being her wedding tiara & the Queen Desiree diamond & ruby parure.

The parure was left to HRH the Crown Prince by his beloved grandmother, HM the Queen Mother Ingrid and was inherited by Frederik upon Ingrids death in 2000.

Mary's wedding tiara was a personal wedding gift from HM the Queen & HRH the Prince Consort. This can also be worn as a necklace as is it a convertible piece.

"MII"

Confirmed - Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince & Crown Princess shall attend the New Years Gala reception held at Christiansborg Slot.

A guaranteed tiara appearance!

"MII"

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! Wonderful!!! Can't wait to see CP Mary in her gown and tiara....

Margrethe II said:
Hi Jaques D, The Crown Princess owns two tiara's, those being her wedding tiara the Queen Desiree diamond ruby parure.The parure was left to HRH the Crown Prince by his beloved grandmother, HM the Queen Mother Ingrid and was inherited by Frederik upon Ingrids death in 2000.Mary's wedding tiara was a personal wedding gift from HM the Queen HRH the Prince Consort. This can also be worn as a necklace as is it a convertible piece
Margrethe 11 Thankyou. I thought 5 might be too many. I appreciate the info. Regards Jaques D.

I didn't really know where to post this, so here goes. Are Frederick and Mary, probably more Frederick, close with Crownprincess Victoria/the Swedish Royal family? I know they're related through Queen Ingrid of Denmark, born Princess of Sweden but just because you share blood doesn't mean you're close. I know Victoria and Frederick did an official duty together but that doesn't really mean that they're close. Just wanted to know because it's mentioned in couple of threads that Victoria is a very likely choice as godmother to the little prince, which i fully support! :D

soCal girl said:
I didn't really know where to post this, so here goes. Are Frederick and Mary, probably more Frederick, close with Crownprincess Victoria/the Swedish Royal family? I know they're related through Queen Ingrid of Denmark, born Princess of Sweden but just because you share blood doesn't mean you're close. I know Victoria and Frederick did an official duty together but that doesn't really mean that they're close. Just wanted to know because it's mentioned in couple of threads that Victoria is a very likely choice as godmother to the little prince, which i fully support! :D

Interesting question "SG".

It would seem that the Danish royal family share a good and solid bond with their fellow Scandinavian relations/ counterparts.

Queen Margrethe, King Harald, Queen Sonja and Prince Henrik are known to have shared many skiing holdiays together (in Norway, I think).

Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Prince Haakon-Magnus are very good friends (Frederik being Haakon's best man at his wedding in 1999) and Crown Princess Victoria is also rather close to her Danish cousin.

I would like it very much if both the Crown Prince of Norway & Crown Princess of Sweden were to be den Lilleprinsen's godparents. We must wait and see...

"MII"

Margrethe II said:
Queen Margrethe, King Harald, Queen Sonja and Prince Henrik are known to have shared many skiing holdiays together (in Norway, I think).
Its only the Queens, Harald is not that keen on long skiing trips and I cant imagine Henrik is either, and ofcourse its in Norway, skiing possibilities in Denmark are limited

Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Prince Haakon-Magnus are very good friends (Frederik being Haakon's best man at his wedding in 1999)

Larzen said:
Its only the Queens, Harald is not that keen on long skiing trips and I cant imagine Henrik is either, and ofcourse its in Norway, skiing possibilities in Denmark are limited

In his youth Prince Henrik lovede to go to Swizerland to the slalom at the slopes.

Last edited:
Larzen said:

Indeed, what was thinking!!! Why I thought 1999 I dont know.

Who said it (the skiing trips) had to be anywhere in Denmark, let alone Scandinavia? It just turns out Norway's where they have taken place thus far. It could be in Switzerland if they wished, but they dont.

I am most sure I have seen a photograph of Henrik with Harald, Margrethe & Sonja taken in the snow with ski's 'n' all. I shall have to do some looking...

"MII"

Last edited:
Denmark vs Spain??? ha ha ha

What I found very funny, is the synchronization between the Danish and Spanish CP couples.

They announced their wedding with 2 weeks difference (October 14th, November 1st)

They married with one week difference (May 14, May 22nd)

They announced pregnancy with 2 weeks difference (April 25th, May 8th)

They had a baby with 2 weeks difference (October 14th, October 31st)

Both couples had their baby, exactly 2 years after their engagement announcement

And now they Christen with 1 week difference (Jan 14th, Jan 21st) !!! At is the first time that Spain preceeds Denmark :D

All these evens are not simple coincidences??? or signes for a commun destiny:confused:

HAPPINESS to both of these wonderfull babies

fandesacs2003 said:
What I found very funny, is the synchronization between the Danish and Spanish CP couples.

They announced their wedding with 2 weeks difference (October 14th, November 1st)

Both couples had their baby, exactly 2 years after their engagement announcement

And now they Christen with 1 week difference (Jan 14th, Jan 21st) !!! At is the first time that Spain preceeds Denmark :D

All these evens are not simple coincidences??? or signes for a commun destiny:confused:

What do you say, something about them being star-crossed lovers? or maybe that they are going to have parallel lives?

fandesacs2003 said:

Those are some very interesting coincidences! I doubt they will have the same destiny because they are two very different countries and families, but if they both announce that Princess Mary and Princess Letizia are pregnant and due around the same time I may change my opinion. LOL!

Emily :)

fandesacs2003 said:
They had a baby with 2 weeks difference (October 15th, October 31st) ;)

Margrethe II said:
I am most sure I have seen a photograph of Henrik with Harald, Margrethe & Sonja taken in the snow with ski's 'n' all. I shall have to do some looking...

"MII"

I remember seeing on that TV series 'A Royal Family', footage of the two queens skiing together, I think Harald and Henrik were there but I couldn't be sure.

kil said:
They had a baby with 2 weeks difference (October 15th, October 31st) ;)

CORRECT, thanks for pointing it out

crisiñaki said:
What do you say, something about them being star-crossed lovers? or maybe that they are going to have parallel lives?

Could be an unique fairy tale if they fall in love eachother:)

fandesacs2003 said:
Could be an unique fairy tale if they fall in love eachother:)

Just imagine the kind of sacrifices that one or the other would have to do for love (renounce throne, change religion, country), it's hard stuff to do!!!

W-Class tram is taken on a truck to the Melbourne Docks to be loaded on a ship bound for Denmark, Thursday 05 January 2006. The 17-tonne tram is a gift from the Victorian Government to the Crown Prince Frederick and his Australian-born Princess Mary

from anp

Attachments

• 2150143.jpg
    2150143.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 159
Double Victory for Denmark's Darling in our Royal Vote
Crown Prince Frederik and his wife Princess Mary made quite an impression on their home country's New Year's eve celebrations when they turned out for a lavish party in Christiansborg Palace dressed in full ceremonial attire. The Danish couple doesn't need to dress up to win public favour, though, as the results of two hellomagazine.com polls prove that they, along with their new baby boy, are among Europe's most popular royals.............
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/01/06/maryandfrederik/

Photo from HELLO magazine

Attachments

• maryfred-dop1a.jpg
    maryfred-dop1a.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 352
They both look splendid :) what Uniform is Frederik Wearing

fandesacs2003 said:

From an astrology point of view, Christian and Leonor are destined to have almost parallel lives. Just look at how similar their birth charts are. I haven't seen much similarity between the charts of the other heirs to the throne (Elisabeth, Catharina-Amalia, Ingrid-Alexandra).

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=41jz.gif

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=50tm.gif

mandyy said:
Double Victory for Denmark's Darling in our Royal Vote
Crown Prince Frederik and his wife Princess Mary made quite an impression on their home country's New Year's eve celebrations when they turned out for a lavish party in Christiansborg Palace dressed in full ceremonial attire. The Danish couple doesn't need to dress up to win public favour, though, as the results of two hellomagazine.com polls prove that they, along with their new baby boy, are among Europe's most popular royals.............

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/01/06/maryandfrederik/

Photo from HELLO magazine

What a beautiful and happy couple!

Amen

I'm with you but all the same, I was wondering about their winning that poll because it showed they are more popular evidently than even Felipe of Spain, which seemed at least interesting..I mean, after all, no matter what we might think of them, Felipe and Letizia aren't exactly ugly people, and the cinderella story would apply to Letizia as well, non?! Or even to Maxima. That's my confusion..why are Fred n Mary so much more popular? I think you're right and it probably has to do with the exposure and PR in the press. Because again, compared to Felipe and Letizia, and even Alexander and Maxima, the Danish crown-princely couple seems very UNaccomplished, imo.

Well Maxima and Willem-Alexander are my favorites, but I like them all. It's not really a competetion for me. The thing I was saying is that there are just more articles and pictures posted of Mary and Fredrick. Wether that is because they pose for them and create the publicity, or the public wants it, who knows. The Spanish and Dutch family are more low-key in those arenas.

I live in the states and Mary was covered here and Maxima,Letizia weren't. I don't know why. Perhaps because Americans are more familiar with Australia than the other countries?

Although, I feel like we might get in trouble for being a bit off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom