Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The shoes and blouse are beautiful; the cardigan and pants also look good... but the problem is she combined all of them together then I don't think that assemble matchs together (look little bit strange beetween the blouse and cardigan and the shoes colour doesn't match with all attire)"

agreed....she has a habit of mismatching what she wears

Attachments

• 00721063.jpg
    00721063.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 00721064.jpg
    00721064.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 00721236.jpg
    00721236.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 248
  • 00721237.jpg
    00721237.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 00721239.jpg
    00721239.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 00721240.jpg
    00721240.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 00721062.jpg
    00721062.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 00721241.jpg
    00721241.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 00721242.jpg
    00721242.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 00721245.jpg
    00721245.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 248

Attachments

• The_Little_Mermaid_1-UKP.jpg
    The_Little_Mermaid_1-UKP.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 255
  • The_Little_Mermaid_4-UKP.jpg
    The_Little_Mermaid_4-UKP.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 10,901
  • The_Little_Mermaid_5-UKP.jpg
    The_Little_Mermaid_5-UKP.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 10,910
  • The_Little_Mermaid_7-UKP.jpg
    The_Little_Mermaid_7-UKP.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 10,817
  • The_Little_Mermaid_8-UKP.jpg
    The_Little_Mermaid_8-UKP.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 303
  • The_Little_Mermaid_12-UKP.jpg
    The_Little_Mermaid_12-UKP.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 288
  • The_Little_Mermaid_13-UKP.jpg
    The_Little_Mermaid_13-UKP.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 527
  • The_Little_Mermaid_14-UKP.jpg
    The_Little_Mermaid_14-UKP.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 272
  • The_Little_Mermaid_18-UKP.jpg
    The_Little_Mermaid_18-UKP.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 219
  • The_Little_Mermaid_19-UKP.jpg
    The_Little_Mermaid_19-UKP.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 10,877
Citizen2005 said:
She raises her chin tooooooooo much:confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

Actually I think that makes her pretty :)

Let her be who she is.

i like her outfit not her best but suitable for her condition =) she's so lucky - she's one of those lucky women who don't become all bloated and chubby with pregnancy

raising her chin up all the time to me makes her ugly...(even blood royals dont raise their chin up as much as mary does)....doing that she acts as though she is a stuck up, pretentious, entitled, snob,... if thats who she really is then by all means i hope she keeps raising her chin up so we could see her true colors

oskana said:
raising her chin up all the time to me makes her ugly...(even blood royals dont raise their chin up as much as mary does)....doing that she acts as though she is a stuck up, pretentious, entitled, snob,... if thats who she really is then by all means i hope she keeps raising her chin up so we could see her true colors

That's a particularly nasty comment.

She may be stuck up or she may be still nervous with her first pregnancy and the new role.

I do wish she wouldn't wear coats that button right above her belly. It makes the belly appear to stick out more than it would otherwise.

well its better to have your chin up rather than having it down. Would you want your Crown Princess to look down all the time as if shes scared? With the chin up, it looks brave and confident. Thats just my opinion :)

Its just a mannerism that she has. She certainly doesn't do it all the time either - perhaps its because of upturned nose that makes her seem like she does it all the time.

I also can't help but think that its poor form to judge a person based on their looks. The meekest and most approachable looking person might have the nastiest personality, with a hidden agenda etc... you know what I mean?

Jasl i know exactly what you mean. Your absolutely right

That Makes two of us!:) :) :)

Australian said:
well its better to have your chin up rather than having it down. Would you want your Crown Princess to look down all the time as if shes scared? With the chin up, it looks brave and confident. Thats just my opinion :)

I couldn't have put it better myself!:)

Jasl said:
Its just a mannerism that she has. She certainly doesn't do it all the time either - perhaps its because of upturned nose that makes her seem like she does it all the time.

I also can't help but think that its poor form to judge a person based on their looks. The meekest and most approachable looking person might have the nastiest personality, with a hidden agenda etc... you know what I mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
i remember seeing CP Fred's and Mary's wedding on CNN with my brother, who knows zilch about royalty btw, and he asked me if the bride was the princess marrying the commoner because she looks so much more regal than the boyish groom (whom, he said, looked like a cross between hugh grant and jason mraz)!
that's part of what i like about mary...the way she looks like she was born into royalty, making her perfect for the job of future queen! in her job it's important to have that kind of confidence or else, she'd end up with an eating disorder!
if only women everywhere would have such confidence and feel like they're royalty everyday...

To me, being royal and looking regal does not necessarily mean looking snob and pretentious ...sorry ...:)

the events for the next days:

6.august HRH The Crown Prince attends a memorial service in Riyadh for the late King Fahd of Saudi Arabia.

7. august 2005 Crown Prince Frederik (as event patron) visits the Triathlon World Championship, Fredericia, Denmark

8.august - friday 12.august HRH The Crown Prince participates in the regatta "Dragon Gold Cup 2005" in Sandhamn, Sweden

11. to sunday 14.august Crown Princess Mary, as patron, attends fashion events during CIFF 11. - 14. august 2005

11.august at 11am HRH The Crown Princess attends the opening of fashion fair in Bella Center

11.august at 2pm HRH The Crown Princess attends the inauguration of the entrepreneur park "Montre" in Den Hvide Kødby, Copenhagen

12.august at 11:50am HRH The Crown Princess visits the fashion fair CPH Vision in Øksnehallen, Copenhagen

13.august at 7pm HRH The Crown Princess, as patron of the danish refugee council, attends their special fashion show

13.august at 9:30pm TRH The Crown Prince Couple attends a show at the lawn in the Tivoli Garden, to celebrate the 25.anniversary of CIFF, the danish fashion shows

13.august at 4pm HRH The Crown Princess, as patron, hands over the award Designer's Nest in Øksnehallen, Copenhagen.

Anita said:
To me, being royal and looking regal does not necessarily mean looking snob and pretentious ...sorry ...:)

exactly...there are plenty of royals who exume confidence and pride without looking pretentious and snobish. I did not realize looking like a royal meant looking like a snob, excuse me my mistake. My fav royals (and commoners married into royal family) are actually those that have confidence without the appearance of entitlement/superiority of some sort.

Australian said:

Its interesting how ppl can view one thing and have very different perspectives. I could see how you might view it that way. To me she doesnt look brave and confident but rather insecure. Raising her chin is overdoing it IMO. I feel like she raises her her chin to hide something she lacks in.

Last edited by a moderator:
oskana said:
To me she doesnt look brave and confident but rather insecure. Raising her chin is overdoing it IMO. I feel like she raises her her chin to hide something she lacks in.

Substance maybe?

oskana said:
Its interesting how ppl can view one thing and have very different perspectives. I could see how you might view it that way. To me she doesnt look brave and confident but rather insecure. Raising her chin is overdoing it IMO. I feel like she raises her her chin to hide something she lacks in.

I don't think I could possible disagree with you more. The Crown Princess doesn't "raise" her chin anymore so than she lowers it in those pictures. When most people look up at something their chins (noses, and eyes of course) are naturally raised. So why is Mary specifically singled out for this?

In the beginning I would say that Mary was a bit nervous and quite possibly a bit insecure with her (future) role and the spotlight. She at times looked very nervous and tense when out in public. Now however, she exudes confidence when meeting people and making speeches for instance as a result of becoming more acclimated with her role.

Its perfectly normal to look nervous and tense when you're in the public spotlight for the first time. If everybody who felt nervous in public was labelled snobbish, we'd have a lot of snobs out there :D Then what would the world be coming to! ;)

well... she was looking up, it's quite normal you raise your chin when doing so and that doesn't mean you are snobish or too self confident.

however, many people (including myself) think mary thinks too much about her and maybe is too self confident and that's not only because of the raise of the chin.

carlota said:
however, many people (including myself) think mary thinks too much about her and maybe is too self confident and that's not only because of the raise of the chin.

why, carlota?

I agree with Carlota. I said before in a thread that Mary is turning into a "Princess Diana". She thinks too much of herself and you're going to see more of it. She will be a problem; and I am waiting to see how the Royal Family handles her.

As far as the raising the chin; Princess Caroline of Monaco does the same. Now, I remember reading that Attorney Robert Shapiro told one of his famous client (I don't want to mention his name, horrible person) that he should raise his chin when facing the photographers. This way your eyes will not red when the cameras flash.

michelleq said:
I said before in a thread that Mary is turning into a "Princess Diana". She thinks too much of herself and you're going to see more of it. She will be a problem; and I am waiting to see how the Royal Family handles her.

But what has she done to make you say that? There's not enough in the photos to draw that conclusion.

ysbel said:
But what has she done to make you say that? There's not enough in the photos to draw that conclusion.

Not just from her pictures (which actually can tell alot about most people) but her actions in the past, her mannerisms, the Photo Shoots that she has given (correct me anyone, please, if I'm wrong, but what other Crown Princess has given Photo Shoots and esp. so quickly after her marriage, and the statements and interviews that she has given. Now I know that Princess Caroline has done numerous, and in my opinion also, she falls into this category also, but that is who she is and she is a personal friend of Designers). If I am wrong, I will be the first to post it on this and any board as I did when I softened my opinion on Camilla upon seeing how happy Prince Charles is.

Aren't there other princess who are friends with designers?

Is there something saying that she should not be a friend with any designer at all?

Many princess' are friends with designers I am sure. Princess Caroline is a very close friend of the head of Channel. Plus, Karl Lagerfeld is a well know photographer. There is nothing wrong with that.

Well michelle, I think you're right, only time will tell. For now, I don't see anything from the photos other than she is reserved and sometimes a bit nervous. She may be haughty - but its impossible for me to tell from these photos at this point.

I was surprised at the interest in fashion shows but that to me shows a superficiality not necessarily a pretentiousness.

The interviews and endless photo shoots seem to be a trademark of the Danish Royal Family. They give a lot of interviews and are much more accessible to the media than for example, the British Royal Family. Somehow I don't think they would let Mary set this agenda for something as visible as this before her marriage.

oskana said:
How do you expect to look upstage on a stage that are floating on the water??? Looked down??? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom