The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

wow the outfit is gorgeous and i like how she did her hair too ^___^ elegant and suitable for pragnancy *claps*

Old 06-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

I still can't get over how lovely she looks (not that she isn't always as lovely, but there’s something about her on this occasion that makes her appear more 'radiant'). I would have to say that the dress she is wearing is by far my favourite of all the dresses she's ever worn (even before becoming Crown Princess). It's absolutely beautiful. And of course, Frederik looks handsome as usual. :p

Old 06-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, she looks very beautiful.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
I still can't get over how lovely she looks (not that she isn't always as lovely, but there’s something about her on this occasion that makes her appear more 'radiant'). I would have to say that the dress she is wearing is by far my favourite of all the dresses she's ever worn (even before becoming Crown Princess). It's absolutely beautiful. And of course, Frederik looks handsome as usual. :p
you know how everyone talks about this glow that make pregnant women absolutely gorgeous? maybe it's that :) but i agree with you she looked absolutely gorgeous on that occasion
Old 06-30-2005, 09:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
you know how everyone talks about this glow that make pregnant women absolutely gorgeous? maybe it's that :) but i agree with you she looked absolutely gorgeous on that occasion
I've never really bought into the whole 'glow theory', but after seeing those photos, I am a believer. :p But I guess if you look at all the pregnant (Crown) Princess, they all look wonderful.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

she looks absolutely stunning , i love her dress , everthing :)
Old 06-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Nobility

Beautiful dress - lovely color, flattering cut, pretty lace, elegant and appropriate for the occassion. I would wear it even if I wasn't pregnant!

Also love the hair, makeup, shoes.

Her posture in the last 2 photos is very elegant.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Gentry

lizzie

I haven't done this before, so here goes.
Mary continues to amaze me with her poise and quiet elegance. Always discreetly elegant.
This look really shows her style superbly. Well done Mary!
Old 06-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Gentry

Nothing against Mary's sense of fasion but, don't you think that she might have fasion advisers for every event she attends.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beautifull. IMO she's Europe's most beautiful and elegant princess.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Royal Highness

She looks amazing. I like everything about the look.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Courtier

I agree. She does look wonderful, but then she does 98% of the time.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Courtier

I simply love the outfit!!! A royal winner and the hair style adds more pois and elegance to her overall apperance. Really don't know what it is or maybe it's the overall combination but she has this X factor about her in this event!

CP Mary looks 100% stunning and i'm sure all the Danes are so proud to hve her as their CP!

She really has this quiet elegance and grace that shines even more brightly on this occassion than others!
Old 07-01-2005, 03:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by legnavirginia2006
Nothing against Mary's sense of fasion but, don't you think that she might have fasion advisers for every event she attends.
That applies to all the royal ladies and few of them looks so elegant or appropriate.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:40 AM
Gentry

lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by legnavirginia2006
Of course she has her stylist, but surely Mary has the final say in what she wears? One of the other things you have to admire about her, is that she is always very discreet with the amount of jewelry she wears at any one time.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Courtier

Yes, I agree about the jewelry. It's always just right. And when she wears the ruby paure she wears a simple dress to highlight the jewelry as where other royals will often wear a loud dress and it competes with the jewelry.

Her outfits are always well fitted and not loud. She is very stylish. Does she have a personal stylist. Yes, she does and has been photographed with her many times. But the whole object of a stylist is not to put their style on you but to make the best out of your personal style. Mary wears much the same colors she always has and her silouettes are the same. Mary is very involved with what she wears. And to me what she wears is still relatable to me.
Way to go Mary!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Royal Highness

I agree with you Lizzie, keeping her jewelry to a minimum just adds to her elegance. She has some beautiful pieces that aren't over done.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

wow! the dress was gorgeous! any idea about the designer?

the only bad thing was that it's too shiny. the last time she went to a fashion show she attended quite casual with a cardigan and skirt, and now it seems she changed her view and attended really shiny (seems more a gala!)... i think benedikte was much more appropiate for the kind of event.

nice to see mary's bump...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
wow! the dress was gorgeous! any idea about the designer?

the only bad thing was that it's too shiny. the last time she went to a fashion show she attended quite casual with a cardigan and skirt, and now it seems she changed her view and attended really shiny (seems more a gala!)... i think benedikte was much more appropiate for the kind of event.

nice to see mary's bump...
The dress is possibly by Heartmade, as Julie Fagerholt has made a similar dress with the same material.

As far as wearing the shiny dress goes, she actually wore the dress for the reception of the Consuls at the Christianborg Palace. The reception lasted till 7pm and the fashion show started at 7:30pm, which gave her about 30min between the two engagements. In this time, she had to leave the palace and come to the place for the fashion show, really doesn't give her that much time. Also, in the past the fashion shows have been in the afternoon or morning, this one was in the evening. I believe this semi to formal dress works very well in the evening.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Aristocracy

Perhaps some of the shinnyness of her dress was from the photographer's flash.It certainly is a lovely dress.