The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Nobility

I loved the top when she wore it as a dress; I esp like that color on her. But I don't like the whole dress/top with pants style.

I also think it is now too snug to be flattering. Time to switch to maternity clothes.

Like the hat and of course her complexion, makeup and hair are all lovely. I also love the stiletto shoes, though I wonder how practical they are to open a beach?

Old 08-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Majesty

More pics from UkPress
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fred_Mary_Beach_1-UKP.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	181794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fred_Mary_Beach_2-UKP.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	181795   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fred_Mary_Beach_4-UKP.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	181796   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fred_Mary_Beach_5-UKP.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	181797  

Name:	Fred_Mary_Beach_7-UKP.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	181798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fred_Mary_Beach_11-UKP.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	181799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fred_Mary_Beach_12-UKP.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	181800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fred_Mary_Beach_14-UKP.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	181801  

Name:	Fred_Mary_Beach_16-UKP.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	181802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fred_Mary_Beach_19-UKP.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	181803  

Old 08-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Courtier

Pics from the same event.....Newscom

More....

They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

In this picture, it looks a bit like Frederik is about to hit something, and Mary backs off...

Thanks for all the lovely pictures. I live about 5 minutes from the new beach park, normally. Just typical that all this is happening the week before I return, isn't it?
Old 08-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

I love the outfit and the hat!Purple looks great on her!
Old 08-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

So beautiful Mary and Frederik.Thanks lots.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-18-2005, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie
Mary doesn't smoke - never has. Frederik has given up for her pregnancy, and hopefully forever.
What I can't understand is how a British news server could take a Woman's Day article as gospel (re the no nannies whatsover). It is quite normal for that weekly mag to make up new stories about royals and celebreties which are absolutely untrue. Just take a photo and make up an attached fairy tale to go with it.
Unfortunately there are half a dozen mags like this in Australia, and I guess while the public still buy their mags and continue to believe the trash they contain, they have no incentive to change their ways.
hi I'm an aussie and new to this forum and have crazily been trying to catch up on some of the chats going around. Its been interesting to read the opinions and comments that have appeared.
Whilst I read some of the mags that print all the gossip I dont seriously believe the rubbish that is printed. I treat it as just that gossip!! No-one with sound sense would treat them with any credibility.
Lets be honest here and say that probably most countries in the world have mags and newspapers that print less than honest stories because lets face it they want to make money and the truth can be boring sometimes!!
Just my humble opinion.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Here's an article in BT about the event. Can someone translate it; the online translator is really bad.

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=...fid=100021710/

Frederik var lige ved at gå i vandet

Af BODIL CATH

Stemningen var i top blandt de flere tusinde mennesker, der i går kom til indvielsen af den nye Amager Strand. De fleste kom ikke for at bade, men for at få et glimt af gravide Mary og den glade, vordende far.

Vandet var 17 grader, luften 25, og kronprinsesse Mary skal barsle om to måneder.

Lagt på www.bt.dk den 19. august 2005 kl. 00:30 A

Some more pics:
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

give me a few minutes and I'll post the translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
BT Article

Frederik var lige ved at gå i vandet

Af BODIL CATH

Stemningen var i top blandt de flere tusinde mennesker, der i går kom til indvielsen af den nye Amager Strand. De fleste kom ikke for at bade, men for at få et glimt af gravide Mary og den glade, vordende far.

Vandet var 17 grader, luften 25, og kronprinsesse Mary skal barsle om to måneder.
I hope you can understand this, some of the words I didn't know. Please correct me if you spot something wrong. I'm still learning Danish.

Frederik was equal at that walk in the water

From Bodil Cath

Stemningen were a point among them several thousand people there came for the dedication of the new Amager Beach. Most came not too bathe, but to get a glint of pregnant Mary or happy father.

The Water was 17 degrees, the air 25, and Crown Princess Mary will give birth in two months.

(Does anybody know what vordende means?)
Old 08-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

Mary looks great!!! Her face irradiate happiness!!!She looks fantastic pregnant... I would like to see more lovely pictures of Mary with Frederik, walking together hand and hand!!!....Frederik most be more protector to Mary...
Old 08-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

"lige" = just about

"vordende far" = father to be.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Serene Highness

thanks norwegianne!

I hadn't ealized there was more to the article, I'll finish it up later.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty
Mary looks great!!! Her face irradiate happiness!!!She looks fantastic pregnant... I would like to see more lovely pictures of Mary with Frederik, walking together hand and hand!!!....Frederik most be more protector to Mary...
He sure is!I bet she just can't wait to be a mom!:)
Old 08-25-2005, 04:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

August 24, 2005: The Crown Princely Couple attended a concert at the Radio Hall Concert Hall, as part of the Radio Symphony Orchestra’s official Hans Christian Andersen celebration. (translated by GrandDuchess)

www.facetoface.de

Pic #3: www.bt.dk
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00732650.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	184705   Click image for larger version

Name:	00732651.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	184706   Click image for larger version

Name:	303778_large.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	202093  
Old 08-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Aristocracy

what are they doing to poor Mary? Making her squeeze with her big tummy in between the car and wall! :-)
that was a very cute pic; Mary gesticulating with a big grin behind Fred, who is looking sooo serious!
Old 08-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E662,00.html

Princess won't let her workload slip
By BEN ENGLISH in London
28aug05

HURTLING down Denmark's Sydmotor Vejen motorway last Sunday evening, a sleek black Audi eclipsed 200km/h with police in pursuit.

But this was no high-speed chase of a dangerous criminal. Behind the darkened windows was arguably Denmark's most important person, given the precious cargo she was carrying.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E662,00.html

Princess won't let her workload slip
By BEN ENGLISH in London
28aug05

HURTLING down Denmark's Sydmotor Vejen motorway last Sunday evening, a sleek black Audi eclipsed 200km/h with police in pursuit.

But this was no high-speed chase of a dangerous criminal. Behind the darkened windows was arguably Denmark's most important person, given the precious cargo she was carrying.
Its great how dedicated Mary is to her new role!
Old 08-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Aristocracy

I thought it was kind of odd in the video how Frederick didn't help Mary up the stairs. There was also a moment when she was starting to sit down and the gentleman next to her helped her while Fred was already seated and didn't budge to aid her.

Anyone else notice this or think anything of it?

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." ~Coco Chanel
Old 08-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle9982
I thought it was kind of odd in the video how Frederick didn't help Mary up the stairs. There was also a moment when she was starting to sit down and the gentleman next to her helped her while Fred was already seated and didn't budge to aid her.

Anyone else notice this or think anything of it?
Maybe he should have waited to sit until she was seated, but the rest didn't bother me. She doesn't look like she needs help at this point of her pregnancy. She has no trouble walking, she looks very healthy and wonderful.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

You're right Emmily, I didn't really mean that he should have helped her because she's pregnant, I just thought it wasn't very polite.

My husband opens doors, guides me up stairs, waits 'til I sit first, etc. etc. just to be kind. It's probably nothing but it rubbed me the wrong way.

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." ~Coco Chanel
Closed Thread