Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: Oct. 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful, she's got elegance, taste, class and is very warm and friendly. She's as perfect as Mathilde !!

Definitely something we are more used to seeing CP Letizia wearing, but Mary pulled it off. It makes her look taller as well, if that's possible! A nice looking following some flops in my opinion!

Thanks for the great pictures everyone. Here is a Scanpix picture series from www.tv2.dk

Attachments

• Scanpx-Berlin1.jpg
    Scanpx-Berlin1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 305
  • Scanpx-Berlin2.jpg
    Scanpx-Berlin2.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 348
  • Scanpx-Berlin3.jpg
    Scanpx-Berlin3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 426
  • Scanpx-Berlin4.jpg
    Scanpx-Berlin4.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 282
  • Scanpx-Berlin5.jpg
    Scanpx-Berlin5.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 231
  • Scanpx-Berlin6.jpg
    Scanpx-Berlin6.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 219
  • Scanpx-Berlin7.jpg
    Scanpx-Berlin7.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 330
  • Scanpx-Berlin8.jpg
    Scanpx-Berlin8.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 209
some more pics from a german site, which has an article on Princess Mary's visit to Berlin

The pics and the article are attached, by the way the article is a translation...;)
Fairy tale adhesive attendance: Mary and Frederik in Berlin

The Queen had hardly left, received of Berlin of governing mayors Klaus Wowereit (SPD) on Monday already again blaubluetigen attendance: Kronprinz Frederik of Denmark (36) and princess Mary (32) were to guest in the capital. Borders stress royalen not already on, MULTICOLORED ONE of "Wowi" wanted to know. "no, as stress one can not designate that - fun" makes, so the governing. Fun had also the Danish pair of successors to the throne: Secretly they already traveled one day in former times as announced, in order to be able to enjoy their stay to the Spree completely privately. Already on Saturday afternoon Mary and Frederik on the military section of the airport Tegel landed. For their three-day-long Berlin journey the two had selected themselves a particularly beautiful Kuschel domicile: the luxurioese lock hotel "four seasons" in the Grunewald.

Attendance of the old persons national gallery
In the old person national gallery on the museum island began the pair at the Monday morning the official part of its visite - Kronprinzessin Mary had asked for the excursion. Afterwards the royal guests in the red city hall were received from mayor Klaus Wowereit. On the occasion of approaching 200. Birthday of the Danish fairy tale poet Hans Christian Andersen one ("the courageous tin soldier ", "the snow queen") Kronprinz Frederik appointed the Hans Christian differently EN Ambassadors for Germany there. In flowing German it appointed among other things. Pool of broadcasting corporations Talkerin Sandra Maischberger , actress Katja Riemann and Hans Olaf handle , president of the Leibniz community, into the world-wide circle of prominent one, those in their countries the ceremonies to 200. Birthday of the fairy tale storyteller in the next year support. In the connection Kronprinzessin Mary, which sends snow-white trousers suit all over-radiated in their, chatted lively with the citizen of Berlin mayor.

Privately in potsdam and that Paris bar
Apart from the appointment of the other EN Ambassadors and an attendance of the Danish message also a rundgang stood by "repairs Collection" in Hamburg station on the program. Already during their private stay Mary and Frederik had seen some from Berlin: Saturday evening fed the Kronprinzenpaar with 20 guests in the legendary Paris bar (oysters, disturb, deer backs, Lammfilet and Zimtparfait), on Sunday went it to the Sightseeing to potsdam, where they visited the Cecilienhof and the lock Sanssouci.

The Danish pair of successors to the throne leads an affectionate, tender marriage: Often the prince of its beautiful wife strokes tenderly over the backs, takes their hand, exchanges views in love with it. And as itself Mary in the middle of Octobers of a Gallensteinoperation to submit had, did not yield it not of its side, but remained during the entire ambulatory interference with it. So much feeling is sticking on: No matter, which city, which country the two visited so far - the young princess Mary conquered the hearts of humans in the storm. Perhaps also (or straight because) the two with their tender feelings for each other always to yard minutes do not hold themselves. In things style has Mary the nose in front
Also for mode the native Australian a Haendchen has. The Spanish pictorial "Hola" sent the princesses from Denmark, Holland, Spain and Norway into the Chic TUEV with categories such as charm, elegance and presentation: Mary triumphed clearly before Máxima, Letizia and Mette Marit. Particularly with hats the Danish princess is absolute Trendsetterin. Their style: young, multicolored and nevertheless death-send. No miracle that their prince husband cannot leave simply from it. Also Berlin was completely moved after Mary - hundreds fans had welcomed the Kronprinzenpaar before the red city hall with applause.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 299
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 295
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 421
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 339
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 336
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 410
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 298
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
some more pics...

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 338
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 431
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,003
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 337
I wholeheartedly agree! Plus, you can see from one of the images pdas1201 generously provided for everyone with Mary and Fred posing in front of their engagement portrait how much Mary has improved style and poise-wise. She's really blossomed in the past few months.

Question:
... has Mary used some reddish dye in her hair, in an attempt to hide some grey?

- poor lady, not even married half a year, and already stressed.

Does everyone who dyes their hair mean it is an attempt to hide grey hair? Perhaps she dyed it to bring life to her hair, perhaps she wanted a change.

To me it doesn't really look as though she has dyed it...

Can someone explain this to me, coz I don't really get it.

I thought that if someone was trying to hide grey hairs, then the roots showing should be grey. But in these pics, we can see that Mary's got dark brown roots, which to me, indicates that she had previously lightened her hair (pretty sure this happened in Athens during the Olympics... will provide pics later), but that its growing out hence the darker roots.

I mean, really, it wouldn't make sense for Mary to dye her (non-existent) grey roots dark brown and have the rest of her hair a lighter shade of brown - which is what she would have to do if we are to accept that she had grey hairs because of stress ....

(sorry, I'm not really confused.... just being a bit sarcastic... hope its ok and no-one's too offended *wink*)

From the Danish newspaper urban today:

"Yesterday crown prince frederik looked at art in Berlin and was ver interested in the sculpture by Duane Hanson 'the motorbike accident' at Friedrich Christian Flick's collection at the artmuseum Hamburger Bahnhof. the crown prince himself has always driven in the highest gear and did have busy programme, when he with crown princess Mary made six Germans H.C Andersen-ambassadors and afterwards visited other museums."

I apologize for any bad spelling or gramma... :)

Attachments

• fredeberlin.jpg
    fredeberlin.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 294
Busy Berlin trip for recovering Princess Mary
hellomagazine.com

9 NOVEMBER 2004

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/11/09/princessmary/#enviarDenmark's Princess Mary has fully recovered from her recent operation, judging by the packed schedule she and her husband Crown Prince Frederik undertook on a one-day visit to Berlin.

Looking characteristically radiant in a simple white trouser suit, the Australian-born royal charmed her hosts when she jetted into the German capital on Monday.

The couple started their busy one-day visit by touring the Alte Nationalgalerie, which houses a prestigious collection of 19th century art. Later, they visited an exhibition of contemporary works put together by German collector Friedrich Christian Flick.

The heir to Europe's oldest throne also took time to name six Germans, including 80s pop icon Nina Hagen, as goodwill ambassadors for next year's bicentennial celebration of the birth of Danish fairy tale writer Hans Christian Andersen.

Prince Frederik and his wife were then whisked off to a reception in their honour hosted Berlin Mayor Klaus Wowereit. The visit concluded with the crown prince and princess unveiling three works by Danish-Icelandic artist Olafur Eliasson at the Danish Embassy.

The crown princess' engagements come after she underwent surgery to have a gallstone removed. The pretty royal was forced to take a two-week break from official duties in order to recover from the operation.

Her admission to hospital sparked widespread speculation that she had become pregnant. But chief physician Bo Jacobsen poured cold water on the reports, by explaining that surgeons avoid removing gallstones from expectant mothers. "An operation can be dangerous for the foetus," he said. "In this concrete case, there was a negative pregnancy test."

1. Frederik and Mary spent part of their one-day trip touring the German capital's art museums
2. The couple being welcomed by Berlin Mayor Klaus Wowereit, who hosted an evening reception in their honour
3. The crown prince and princess unveiling a work by Danish-Icelandic artist Olafur Eliasson at the Danish Embassy
4. A few days before the Berlin trip, 32-year-old Mary had been indulging in some fun by having a go at a magnetic fishing game during the opening of a stamp fair in Copenhagen

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 323
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 325
Do you know how long they will stay in Berlin?

According to the article it was only a one day visit. So I guess they are already back in Denmark.

Look who made the cover of 'Who' magazine.....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 364
Some more pics from yesterday's visit to Berlin, several close-ups of Mary.
I must say she has recovered very well from her operation, looks positively radiant and cheerful like her previous self, unlike her look at the parliament opening..

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 337
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 321
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 341
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 337
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 326
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 339
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 358
The only thing I would change about her makeup is that I find her lips a bit pale. Perhaps a little bit of colour would be good, nothing dark but just a little more colour.

Just a short post for now. I was told that this photo from the Greenland trip was never posted before. Here are Frederik and Mary in a pinch:

Greenlandpinch.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Frey/Funny Photos/Greenlandpinch.jpg

Last edited:
Dennism said:
Just a short post for now. I was told that this photo from the Greenland trip was never posted before. Here are Frederik and Mary in a pinch:

Photo
:eek: Holy Moly!

Holy Cow:rolleyes:

Thank heaven, he is only pinching and not grabbing!!!!

liv said:
Do you know how long they will stay in Berlin?
Nope, I read somewhere that they went to Berlin during the weekend, and spent some time there on their own before all the official stuff began monday....

[font=verdana,][size=-1]Kronprins Frederik sidder ved siden af eks-kong Konstantin under den første ISAF verdenskongres som holdes i Danmark, onsdag. Dansk Sejlunion har indstillet kronprinsen som det danske medlem af ISAF’s prestigefyldte Events Committee, som blandt andet beslutter, hvilke bådtyper der skal deltage ved OL og hvordan konkurrencerne skal afholdes. De 550 personer fra 75 nationer er samlet til verdenskongressen i København for at diskutere sejlsportens fremtid [/size][/font][font=verdana,][size=-1]Foto: Kim Nielsen / POLFOTO[/size][/font]

Please translate!!!

Attachments

• Pic_1.jpg
    Pic_1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 577
pdas1201 said:
[font=verdana,][size=-1]Kronprins Frederik sidder ved siden af eks-kong Konstantin under den første ISAF verdenskongres som holdes i Danmark, onsdag. Dansk Sejlunion har indstillet kronprinsen som det danske medlem af ISAF’s prestigefyldte Events Committee, som blandt andet beslutter, hvilke bådtyper der skal deltage ved OL og hvordan konkurrencerne skal afholdes. De 550 personer fra 75 nationer er samlet til verdenskongressen i København for at diskutere sejlsportens fremtid [/size][/font][font=verdana,][size=-1]Foto: Kim Nielsen / POLFOTO[/size][/font]

Please translate!!!

Crown Prince Frederik is sitting next to his uncle, Ex-King Constantine during the first ISAF world conference which is being held in Denmark, Wednesday. Danish Sailor's Union have put forward the Crown Prince as their candidate to be the Danish member of ISAF's Events Comittee, who decide, among other things, what kind of boats that will participate in the Olympics and how the races shall be held. The 550 persons, from 75 nations are gathered in Copenhagen to discuss the future of the sport.

Dennism said:
Notty boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary 's citizenship

H.M. Margrethe said:
CP Mary of Denmark got her Danish citizenship on her weddingday from the gowerment of Denmark. It was just the same with Princesse Alexandra when she got married to prince Joachim :mad: :( :mad: :(
I don´t like him anymore.

I wonder why did Mary have to give up her Australian citizenship? Maxima of Netherlands has dual ,Argentine and Dutch. If Mary divorced some day, she would lose her Danish citizenship or not?

On the other hands, Did Mary take an examination from Danish history and goverment or she does not need to do that in order to be naturalized in Denmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom