The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Nobility

What the hell is Mary wearing ?? Her jacket/top needs to be thrown away and her pants look abit big and her shoes dont match...Has she forgotten how to dress?We all know you can do better than that.

Old 11-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Mary and Frederik - The Flora Danica serviceThe danish peoples wedding-gift 'Folkegaven' for Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary was handed over to the Crown Prince couple today: 200 single pieces of the world-famousFlora Danica Service, with their personal monogram, and 250.000 danish kroners (ca. 34.000 Euro) from the sales of a wedding-CD (When you hold me) by danish musician Erann DD. The money will be given to children projects in Greenland.
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

Mary and Frederik receive the Danish Peoples wedding-gift
(from Colourpress.com)
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the photos Lyonnaise!

Does Mary's hair look more auburn to anyone else?
Old 11-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

I like Mary's hair and blouse. I think she should have worn a nice Malene Birger skirt with a nice pair of blue Prada pumps to complete the look. I really like hair layered hair though.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Royal Highness

more from www.polfoto.dk

Fred is quite cute as he seems very interested in the china!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Danica.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	53182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Danica_2.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	53183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Danica_3.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	53184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Danica_4.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	53185  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Danica_5.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	53186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Danica_6.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	53187  
Old 11-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the pictures Julia! Frederik looks like a little boy playing house and enjoying it! :p
Old 11-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise
Mary and Frederik - The Flora Danica serviceThe danish peoples wedding-gift 'Folkegaven' for Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary was handed over to the Crown Prince couple today: 200 single pieces of the world-famousFlora Danica Service, with their personal monogram, and 250.000 danish kroners (ca. 34.000 Euro) from the sales of a wedding-CD (When you hold me) by danish musician Erann DD. The money will be given to children projects in Greenland.
Must say I really like the wedding china they received from the danish people, with their monogram (which is beautiful)...great gift, better than the pot they received last week.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Courtier

CP Mary's outfit was fine. The only problem is that she wore together for the blouse and pants dark colors. The whole outfit would have been better if she wore a blouse with a lighter shade. Not also something which nearly compliments the pants.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 11-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Courtier

November 2. 2004

According to a news report, Denmark's Crown Princess Mary was recently stopped by Danish police for driving at 140 kilometers per hour (about 87 miles per hour) on a highway where the maximum speed limit is 90 kilometers per hour. The article says the princess will not be charged with speeding because, as a member of the royal family, she enjoys immunity. More on this story (in Spanish): La Policía danesa detiene a la Heredera Mary.

LTR members what do you think of the latest report about the princess' driving?

In my own opinion, there is one advantage of being a part of the Royal Family, you would enjoy immunity. But I think sometimes this is abused.

Even though the Royals have a higher place in any country than the ordinary citizens but they should not be exempted from the consequences of not abiding by the laws of the country over various matters. If they are stopped by the police for overspeeding they should then pay any fine if ever that is what is stated in the law. There should be no exemption because even if they are royals, they are all citizens of a certain country and they are expected to abide by the laws. They should even be examples.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 11-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulette
TRF members what do you think of the latest report about the princess' driving?

In my own opinion, there is one advantage of being a part of the Royal Family, you would enjoy immunity. But I think sometimes this is abused.

Even though the Royals have a higher place in any country than the ordinary citizens but they should not be exempted from the consequences of not abiding by the laws of the country over various matters. If they are stopped by the police for overspeeding they should then pay any fine if ever that is what is stated in the law. There should be no exemption because even if they are royals, they are all citizens of a certain country and they are expected to abide by the laws. They should even be examples.
I agree with you. Being royal should not exempt you from abiding to laws.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Paulette-you say they should be exempted from some laws, but not all, what laws do you think they should be exempt from? It seems to me that something as minor as speeding (unless it causes an accident or something of the like for others) ticket should be what they are exempted from, and the major laws (murder, purgery, etc.)* should be the ones they are expected to abide by. Otherwise what is the point of diplomatic immunity?

*These are just examples-I'm not actually saying I think any member of the Royal Family would commit any of these offenses!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting discussion!

I personally think that as royals are above the fray of so many things (i.e. politics) they shouldn't be above the law, too.

If royals are to be role models for their citizens (and I think most of us would agree that some royals -- no names necessary -- are better role models than others), then what kind of example are they setting if they disregard such "minor" laws as speeding or parking in a no park zone?

From Britters' example (not pointing you out, just using your examples as a starting point!), to say that royals should be held accountable for more "serious" offences such as murder, but not necessarily so for "lesser" offences such as speeding -- where does one draw the line? If you and I would get a $100 fine for speeding then why shouldn't royals, too? Nobody should be above the law, whatever your social status.

And more than anybody, royals should be held accountable for their actions, good or bad.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Courtier

Alexandria-I totally agree with you. My question was basically, where do you draw the line. If you are going to give diplomatic immunity where do the lines lay? I don't think Royals should be above the law, it just doesn't make much sense for people in such postions to be allow to get away with things they are suppose to be representing...however if they are going to be "above" the law, then wouldn't it make more sense for those laws that aren't being enforced to be the minors ones?
Old 11-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Commoner

I have read on another board that in reality the report about Mary's speeding was made by a man who claimed he thought he saw her. That seems to be the basis of this accusation. I have seen nothing more substantial than rumor.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Commoner

I agree in such minor matters as paying a fine they can well afford, royal families shouldn't be above the law, but I don't think that means mary should come under criticism just because by quirk of the state she does have such immunity.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Royal Highness

As Alexandria noted: this is a very interesting topic!

I agree that royals should be held responsible for all of their actions and should not be considered as being above the law. They should accept responsibility for their actions and pay their dues accordingly.

Am I correct in remembering that when Frederik and Joachim were caught speeding by the police as teenagers that QM II made them apologise on t.v.???
Old 11-03-2004, 03:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
Am I correct in remembering that when Frederik and Joachim were caught speeding by the police as teenagers that QM II made them apologise on t.v.???
muhahahaha are you serious? what a cool queen ^__^ that should teach them a lesson hahaha
Old 11-03-2004, 06:20 AM
Majesty

i agree with paulette and alexandria. that's not a good example... also, the fact that mary asked the police not to tell the press about it seems quite hypocritical.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-03-2004, 07:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
As Alexandria noted: this is a very interesting topic!

I agree that royals should be held responsible for all of their actions and should not be considered as being above the law. They should accept responsibility for their actions and pay their dues accordingly.

Yes you are correct Julia and i can tell you that it happend in France.
CP Frederik and Prince Joachim was very sorry for the problem thay had made.

Closed Thread