The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 06:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore
Gudrun is a woman's name.
It's origin is Norse and it has two parts gud (god) run (secret) - "She who knows the gods secrets".

It's common in Norway too.

Old 05-08-2005, 06:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
i think the only thing really different is their style of dressing...they all wear designer gowns and suits...also the amount of time they wear suits and gowns are different...Letizia wears suits alot of similar colours so i think it makes it looks as if she has a small collection of suits compared to Mary...and Mary does recycle clothes so it's not as if she's wearing new clothes at every public appearance :)
99% of letizia's suits and dresses are spanish designes,she only has two armani suits(one Giorgio,one Emperio) and a pair of YSL pants,though her country is richer and more important than Denmark from political and economical points,compared to mary who is a princess of Demark with less importance from points i mentioned above.even danish monarchy is unknown to so many though many people know about spain and it's monarchy.

Old 05-08-2005, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
even danish monarchy is unknown to so many though many people know about spain and it's monarchy.
i wouldn't really say that is true....i think most people remember the vikings of Scandanavia and their establishment of royal families...but of course that is a matter of opinion :) i don't see what is wrong with Mary's clothes anyhow...she's royal...they all dress fancy...:) if she wasn't i can already see people calling her 'daggy' and other names...
Old 05-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Courtier

I can't believe this comparison of Letizia vs. Mary is still going on. What I find ironic is that awhile back, there were Letizia supporters arguing in a thread about Rania on how she (Rania) shouldn't be wearing designer clothing because of her country's econonmical situation...A few of them stated that it was ok, and even went as far as to say it shouldn't be questioned, for other cp's of wealthier countries to wear designer clothing...Now, an argument is being made that Mary shouldn't be wearing designer clothing because Denmark isn't as wealthy of a country as Spain...Are you kidding me? When does this ever end?

Denmark enjoys one of the highest standards of living in Europe, but I'm not going to compare here as there is enough of that going on already. While I am a Mary supporter, I don't see why these ladies (Mary and Letizia) just can't be respected for their own individuality instead of being compared alot of the time...The world is bad enough without people comparing one another or being compared to one another.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Commoner

Lightbulb

Quote:
99% of letizia's suits and dresses are spanish designes,she only has two armani suits(one Giorgio,one Emperio) and a pair of YSL pants,though her country is richer and more important than Denmark from political and economical points,compared to mary who is a princess of Demark with less importance from points i mentioned above.even danish monarchy is unknown to so many though many people know about spain and it's monarchy.
Spain is bigger and probably more noticed for its economics, history, language, and culture, but I heard Denmark is one of the countries with highest living standard in the world :p .
Anyway, I admire Leti very much (she was a career woman before she gave it up for her nation - being the Crown Princess of Spain, plus, she's pretty! ). And I am happy that She's pregnant too..

Back to Mary, I hope she will stop wearing high/pointy heels and wear more Danish designers clothes- as I really want to know more about Danish fashion - helped by the CP Mary's wearing their designs
Old 05-09-2005, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
I can't believe this comparison of Letizia vs. Mary is still going on. What I find ironic is that awhile back, there were Letizia supporters arguing in a thread about Rania on how she (Rania) shouldn't be wearing designer clothing because of her country's econonmical situation...A few of them stated that it was ok, and even went as far as to say it shouldn't be questioned, for other cp's of wealthier countries to wear designer clothing...Now, an argument is being made that Mary shouldn't be wearing designer clothing because Denmark isn't as wealthy of a country as Spain...Are you kidding me? When does this ever end?

Denmark enjoys one of the highest standards of living in Europe, but I'm not going to compare here as there is enough of that going on already. While I am a Mary supporter, I don't see why these ladies (Mary and Letizia) just can't be respected for their own individualism instead of being compared alot of the time...The world is bad enough without people comparing one another or being compared to one another.
Well spoken, sommone!

I wish eveyone could just stop this insane comparison down to the tiniest little details - we should all accept each other as human beings and individual people, and show each other the respect everyone deserves. And we all have good and less good sides, no one is perfect, but we're all equal. Basta! :)
Old 05-09-2005, 06:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone

Denmark enjoys one of the highest standards of living in Europe, but I'm not going to compare here as there is enough of that going on already. While I am a Mary supporter, I don't see why these ladies (Mary and Letizia) just can't be respected for their own individuality instead of being compared alot of the time...The world is bad enough without people comparing one another or being compared to one another.
sorry but from what you've written i think you misunderstood me,i never meant that letizia should wear designer clothes and because mary is from a less known country,she shouldnt!i myself am a mary fan,and never meant to compare the two princesses.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
sorry but from what you've written i think you misunderstood me,i never meant that letizia should wear designer clothes and because mary is from a less known country,she shouldnt!i myself am a mary fan,and never meant to compare the two princesses.

Well if that isn't what you meant, then let me apologize to you.:) I'm sorry I misunderstood your post.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Aristocracy

Denmark is richer than Spain!

Cute_Girl

I do not know why you think that Spain is richer than Denmark. This is not true at all. Sommone is right. Denmark has the highest standard of living and the Danish people earn most money in the whole Europe. The North European countries are much richer than the South European ones. Spain is the 21th.

Top 10 Payment list in Europe

1, DENMARK

2, Switzerland

3, Norway

4, Liechtenstein

5, Man-Island ( belong to Uk)

6, Luxembourg

7, Guernsey ( belong to UK)

8, Germany

9, Sweden
10, Netherlands

11, Italy

13, UK

15, Belgium

16, Finnlan

17, Austria

19, France

21, SPAIN

29, Portugal

you can see Denmark is the number one.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilah
Cute_Girl

I do not know why you think that Spain is richer than Denmark. This is not true at all. Sommone is right. Denmark has the highest standard of living and the Danish people earn most money in the whole Europe. The North European countries are much richer than the South European ones. Spain is the 21th.

Top 10 Payment list in Europe

1, DENMARK
2, Switzerland
3, Norway
4, Liechtenstein
5, Man-Island ( belong to Uk)
6, Luxembourg
7, Guernsey ( belong to UK)
8, Germany
9, Sweden
10, Netherlands
11, Italy
13, UK
15, Belgium
16, Finnlan
17, Austria
19, France
21, SPAIN
29, Portugal

you can see Denmark is the number one.

What are your sources for this list? Who has put it together? I'm curious, because I've never seen it before.

UN's Human Development Index of 2004 has this list for Highest Standards of Living in the World:

1. Norway
2. Sweden
3. Australia
4. Canada
5. Netherlands
6. Belgium
7. Iceland
8. United States
9. Japan
10. Ireland
11. Switzerland
12. United Kingdom
13. Finland
14. Austria
15. Luxembourg
16. France
17. Denmark
18. New Zealand
19. Germany
20. Spain

Though, I fail to see how any of this pertains to Frederik and Mary.

As Spain and Denmark are two different countries with different cultures, and two different monarchies, it stands to reason that their royal families will act in different manners.

(Both Denmark and Spain have very pretty Crown Princesses and handsome Crown Princes, though )
Old 05-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

When will the next engagement of Frederik and Mary?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

kongehuset.dk
Quote:
10/05 05 Kronprinsparret overværer Aarhus Studenter-Sangeres 75 års jubilæumskoncert i Aarhus Musikhus, kl. 19.00.
They will be present at the 75th aniversary concert of the Aarhus Student singers, in Aarhus.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Majesty

Time to close this thread. Thanks to all who have posted comments, articles and pictures.

The new thread can be found here: Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May 2005 - May 2006

Have fun!

Closed Thread