The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromEU
NO, that is not correct. They are not a very rich family. They have some minor property in Denmark and France. Their private econemy is not for public view, but they are not expected to be very rich. The danish media also have come to that conclusion the times they have tried to figure it out.
So how much are they really worth than? hahah where did the media get a billion euros? that was so much more than i expected...:p

Old 05-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromEU
NO, that is not correct. They are not a very rich family. They have some minor property in Denmark and France. Their private econemy is not for public view, but they are not expected to be very rich. The danish media also have come to that conclusion the times they have tried to figure it out.
so where comes those designer's clothes and expensive jewels of Mary from?

Old 05-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
so where comes those designer's clothes and expensive jewels of Mary from?
i think that is from some allowance they get for clothes...Mary has an allowance so maybe it's paid from that...:)
Old 05-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

There sure is several levels between having billions and having nothing None of the Scandinavian royal houses has billions. That does not mean that they are poor, they are all well of. In the last annual report from the Danish royal house it says that Frederik and Mary has 4 million dk a year for private use to cover amongst other things clothes, furniture, personal travels (and secretary of non official caracter- Im not quite sure what that means though)
Old 05-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

wait maybe they're worth billions...that is including ALL the castles and literally everything they have...
Old 05-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
wait maybe they're worth billions...that is including ALL the castles and literally everything they have...
Well the only castles TRF owns is Marselisborg carstel,Schakenborg carstel, the huntingcabin in Trend and ther littel "summercottage" in France.

Old 05-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

And the jewellery that Mary wears at the big events are mostly old pieces, inherited through the lines of the Royal Families. Like the ruby parure she have worn which such grace - that originally comes from Queen Desirée of Sweden and then via Queen Ingrid (as Princess of Sweden) to Denmark.

Some smaller "modern" jewellery that she wears in everyday life may come as gifts from Fredrik, or from their appanage.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
i think that is from some allowance they get for clothes...Mary has an allowance so maybe it's paid from that...:)
it's been a question for me for a long time,ifall the royal families recieve allowance then why mary's sister inlaw Alxandra doesnt dress like(in label clothes I mean)or why a crownprincess of a richer country like letizia of spain doesnt dress like that?
Old 05-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Nobility

is it possible that some of the designers loan or give free their clothes to mary? it's quite common among popstars and celebrities so why not royals too??
Old 05-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

May 7, 2005: Prince Frederik accompanied Princess Mary as she baptized her second ship "Gudrun Maersk" in Odense.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AP726395_guest.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	138235   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP726396_guest.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	138236   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP727072_guest.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	138237   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP727073_guest.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	138238  

Name:	AP733485_guest.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	138239   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP734436_guest.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	138240   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP734437_guest.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	138241   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP734438_guest.jpg.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	138242  

Name:	gudrunMaersk2.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	138244  
Old 05-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

On Saturday 7 May 2005 Odense Steel Shipyard’s latest newbuilding for A.P. Moller - Maersk was named

Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary honoured the owner, A.P. Moller - Maersk, by naming the newbuilding GUDRUN MÆRSK at Odense Steel Shipyard.

After the namegiving ceremony Their Royal Highnesses inspected the GUDRUN MÆRSK. From the bridge they had a good view of the entire Shipyard and the surroundings, including Odense Fjord as well as the deck with room for the many containers.

The Chairman of the Yard, Mr Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller, hosted the namegiving, which was attended by guests from A.P. Moller - Maersk as well as employees from the Yard and their families, in all more than 2,500 people.

With GUDRUN MÆRSK Odense Steel Shipyard has started the delivery of a new series of updated container vessels which similar to the others are produced with the purpose of securing an extensive automation of the vessel’s operation, cargo control and surveillance. The choice of materials for the vessel as well as the interior is of highest quality based on Danish design – a characteristic for the container vessels built at Odense Steel Shipyard.

With GUDRUN MÆRSK the standard for environmentally friendly vessels has been further increased.

With its 12-cylinder diesel engine from HSD-Wärtsilä Sulzer, which develops 93,000 BHP, GUDRUN MÆRSK will after delivery enter Maersk Sealand’s worldwide liner service and thereby together with the other vessels contribute to a global, competitive and flexible quality transport for the company’s customers.

GUDRUN MÆRSK is registered in Svendborg and will be commanded by Captain Søren Sparre Maagaard with Jens Lykke Sørensen as Chief Engineer.

Odense Steel Shipyard
7 May 2005
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gudrunMaersk1.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	138243  
Old 05-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
What is Mary doing with the blue water and large chunk of ice? ^____^ was the royal family opening a Science museum or something? ^___^
Umm... A danish version of ClearBlue?!?

I don't like the beige outfit especially because the hemline of the blazer is weirdly cut and accentuates the belly area. And not in a good way. It looks like the blazer is too small!
Old 05-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the photos and articles everyone. I really like the suit Mary is wearing in the photos above. Very nice. I don't know if I like the white (??) shirt sticking out though.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Majesty

what does GUDRUN MÆRSK mean?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Thank you for the photos and articles everyone. I really like the suit Mary is wearing in the photos above. Very nice. I don't know if I like the white (??) shirt sticking out though.
I agree. I like the suit (it is much better than yesterdays IMO) but I am not a fan of the shirt sticking out.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
what does GUDRUN MÆRSK mean?
" Mærsk" stands for the name of the company, not sure what "Gudrun" means, only our Danish members can tell us that.

Here Mærsk's McKinney-Møller greets the Princess. You can clearly see the bump in this pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	280956_large.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	138462  
Old 05-08-2005, 01:25 AM
Courtier

The article states that the Family in total is worth 1 billion. I would take that to be anyone in the Danish Royal family. Not just those that we see and hear about. Maybe they aren't worth that much. Who knows...that's just how I understood things when I read the article.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks lots for the new pics of the Crown Princely Couple,pdas1201.Princess Mary looks lovely and elegant as usual.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-08-2005, 06:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Gudrun is a woman's name.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
it's been a question for me for a long time,ifall the royal families recieve allowance then why mary's sister inlaw Alxandra doesnt dress like(in label clothes I mean)or why a crownprincess of a richer country like letizia of spain doesnt dress like that?
i think the only thing really different is their style of dressing...they all wear designer gowns and suits...also the amount of time they wear suits and gowns are different...Letizia wears suits alot of similar colours so i think it makes it looks as if she has a small collection of suits compared to Mary...and Mary does recycle clothes so it's not as if she's wearing new clothes at every public appearance :)