Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: May - October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by julial@Jul 9th, 2004 - 11:11 pm
Mary must be one darn smart girl. I remember reading PF used to be the catch of the uppercurst in Europe. I wonder why both P of Denmark married foreingers, and commoners.

Why would not both P appreciate more from their fellow countrygirls? I wonder.

It seems like both went for the opposite attract, too.
Love has no boundaries...

Originally posted by julial@Jul 9th, 2004 - 11:11 pm
Mary must be one darn smart girl. I remember reading PF used to be the catch of the uppercurst in Europe. I wonder why both P of Denmark married foreingers, and commoners.

Why would not both P appreciate more from their fellow countrygirls? I wonder.

It seems like both went for the opposite attract, too.
Too much pressure and scrutiny.... and I think most Danes admire their RF, so elevating one of their own to that pedestal was probably kind of hard (IMO).

But both Joachim and Fred did go out with Danish girls and the pressure was there. You can especially see it with Fred's Danish gfs, there was too much criticism etc. Those relationships were never given a chance to flourish.

Did Mary and Frederik attend the funerals of Austria president or did Denmark send someone else? :blink: :wacko:

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 10th, 2004 - 7:11 pm
Did Mary and Frederik attend the funerals of Austria president or did Denmark send someone else? :blink:  :wacko:
Frederik was in attendance; Mary was not. I only saw one picture with him, and he's barely in it--shaking hands with Haakon across Felipe, Letizia and Willem-Alexander.

any news & pictures?

or are they resting up for their strenuous "Love Boat" tour of later this month ?

Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 13th, 2004 - 4:26 pm
any news & pictures?

or are they resting up for their strenuous "Love Boat" tour of later this month ?
What's the "Love Boat" tour?

That's King Christian's nickname for the Crown Princely couple's 4 day visits to the cities Århus, Ålborg,Odense and Sønderborg traveling aboard the Dannebrog.

Hence the "love boat " tour :p

Alisa  Posted on Jul 13th, 2004 - 4:29 pm

"love boat"
I learned that is the RF of Denmark's name for the Dannebrog .... so many princely couples have used it, after getting married ..... that swaying of the ship must add a special something to shipboard life. ;)

Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 13th, 2004 - 8:40 pm
Alisa   Posted on Jul 13th, 2004 - 4:29 pm

"love boat"
I learned that is the RF of Denmark's name for the Dannebrog .... so many princely couples have used it, after getting married ..... that swaying of the ship must add a special something to shipboard life. ;)
Oh. Ok. Thanks. So, when is this little trip? Except for the scholarship thing, I haven't seen or heard much news on Fred and Mary lately. Or did I miss it?

It sounds divine-very sweet and romantic :heart: ! I hope they have a wonderful time. ;)

Originally posted by kate14@Jul 16th, 2004 - 1:29 pm
"Little Trip" How about using a more Professional term "Official Visit"
Sounds like a great visit. Should be some lovely photo ops.

are there any new official duties programmed? we didn't see mary in a lot of time since her visit to greenland... she only did 3 official appearences since she returned from the honeymoon...

Originally posted by carlota@Jul 16th, 2004 - 3:55 pm
are there any new official duties programmed? we didn't see mary in a lot of time since her visit to greenland... she only did 3 official appearences since she returned from the honeymoon...
she could be having other more important duties than making official visits, i.e. producing an heir to the danish throne.

Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 16th, 2004 - 8:46 pm
"baby making" ... yeah, that wouldn't surprise me ... get the "official bit" out of the way.
But would it be out of the way, really? Mary produces an heir then she must produce a spare and then what next? Maybe Frederik wants a small soccer team to call his own ... :innocent:

why not be different and settle on one child, dispense with the "spare" and thus give Joachim's kids a greater sense of self-worth.

Mind you, a kid with no sibling .... :yuk:

Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 16th, 2004 - 9:07 pm
why not be different and settle on one child, dispense with the "spare" and thus give Joachim's kids a greater sense of self-worth.

Mind you, a kid with no sibling .... :yuk:
They should have more than one! Being any only child is really lonely!

Originally posted by carlota@Jul 16th, 2004 - 3:55 pm
She does not have an outfit ready yet...that's why she is not on official duty recently :p :lol:

Which equals 14 days (1 solo, 10 Greenland, 1 to receive the deputation and 1 to celebrate Prince Henrik's).... which is a lot of days if you compare to other CPss.

Last edited by a moderator:
...in Denmark ... they do things differently

... they ... oh so quietly ... ease Mary into the scheme of things.

... wouldn't surprise me if Mary is wondering how to diplomatically inform Fred that she has to take over his closet too ... what with the wealth of her new clothes. :innocent: :rolleyes: :woot:

Originally posted by Windsorfan@Jul 19th, 2004 - 5:48 am
Frederik and Mary will visit Japan this year.
Do you know when exactly????

How are the other royals from other houses received in Japan? Is it a big deal in Japan when royals visit? or not really?

It is sort of a big deal..not as big of a deal as if the QMII were coming. Hopefully more details will emerge. It would be wonderful if CP Masako will be well for the visit. It would be fantastic seeing two of my favorite Crown Princesses together :flower:

Other Royal Houses also visit Japan before.Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has visited Japan in 1998 :flower:

The Age

Princess Mary may come home in February
Hobart
July 20, 2004

Danish Crown Princess Mary is tipped to visit her home state of Tasmania early next year, but officials say they know nothing about it.

The former Hobart schoolgirl, who wed Danish Crown Prince Frederik in Copenhagen in May, was expected to arrive in Australia with her husband in February, The Mercury newspaper in Hobart reported today.

The couple's itinerary was believed to include Sydney, Canberra and Hobart, the paper said.

But Tasmanian officials, including the state protocol office, said they had not been advised of any visit.

Judy Benson, Honorary vice-consul to the Royal Danish Consulate in Tasmania, said she had not heard a thing.

"It's summer and it's yachting season and they've got family here, so I wouldn't be surprised," she told AAP.

"We would always be advised, for security reasons, closer to the date.

"I haven't heard a thing."

- AAP

The Age

Danish royals downunder?
July 20, 2004

The Australian and Danish governments were today unable to confirm reports Danish Crown Princess Mary will visit Australia next year.

News Limited newspapers reported the former Hobart schoolgirl, who wed Danish Crown Prince Frederik in Copenhagen in May, was expected to arrive in Australia with her husband in February.

The couple's itinerary was believed to include Sydney, Canberra and Hobart, it was reported.

Denmark does not have an embassy in Australia but a spokesman for its mission in Singapore said he was not aware of any plan for the prince and princess to visit Australia.

He said Crown Prince Frederik's diary seemed to be full well into 2005.

"He's occupied way into the middle of next year," the spokesman told AAP.

The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) was also not aware if the royal couple would visit but was seeking advice from its embassy in Copenhagen.

"We will be expecting quite a few visits from the Danish royal family in the years to come," a DFAT spokeswoman said.

The Danish Embassy spokesman said it was hoped Princess Mary and Prince Frederik would visit Australia in the near future.

"Of course Mary Donaldson is Australian so they will go there at a certain time but I don't know how and when," he said.

Judy Benson, honorary vice-consul to the Royal Danish Consulate in Tasmania, said she had not heard about any plans for a royal visit.

"It's summer (at the time of the reported trip) and it's yachting season and they've got family here, so I wouldn't be surprised," she told AAP.

"We would always be advised, for security reasons, closer to the date.

"I haven't heard a thing."

Princess Mary's father, John Donaldson, is currently working as a guest mathematics professor in Denmark.

- AAP

Princess Mary is pretty...but she does not have enough sparkle around her with or without jewellery.... :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom