Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: May - October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fredrik will attend a meeting at Christiansborg Palace on wednesday. And Mary will make her royal debut on June 13 when she will attend a horse show in Silkeborg.
The couple will also attend the celebrations of prince Henriks 70th birthday on June 10 & 11.

So they should be back in Denmark by now...

De officielle pligter begynder for kronprinsens vedkommende onsdag formiddag, når han sammen med dronningen deltager i det ugentlige statsrådsmøde på Christiansborg Slot.

Mary overrækker pony-præmier
Torsdag aften er han og Mary med, når det er prins Henriks tur til at være i centrum i Tivolis koncertsal. Her fejres prinsens 70-års fødselsdag med en koncert for 500 inviterede gæster.

Selve fødselsdagen er dagen efter, den 11. juni, hvor prinsen og hans familie på Fredensborg Slot vækkes af Studentersangerne. Om aftenen fejres fødselsdagen med middag, taler og dans i Kuppelsalen.

Den ny kronprinsesse får sin officielle debut to dage senere, søndag den 13., når hun skal overrække præmier ved DM i ridebanespringning for ponyryttere i Silkeborg.

I can´t believe it, that they have managed it, that we didn´t get a single pic of them of their honeymoon! When they start with their Royal duties again, then almost 1 month went by since the wedding! When I think of the "Mary-hype" then...unbelievable

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 7th, 2004 - 1:38 pm
I can´t believe it, that they have managed it, that we didn´t get a single pic of them of their honeymoon!
that's true, lena! they really did it perfectly this time...

will they announce where was their honneymoon after they come?

Monday 7.june at about 16:00 (4pm) Crown Princess Mary was photographed in front of her new home at Kancellihuset - some suitcases were taken into the house - then Mary was off again in the Landrover she has been driving for a long time - according to this article

BT - Frederik og Mary er hjemme igen - af Bodil Cath. - 8. juni 2004 kl. 00:30

thanks for the info :)
I look forward to some photos if any are ever published or found :)

Its very true, that they did it so well as nothing was released and more importantly, they managed a honeymoon all to themselves :)

Mary didn't look all that too tanned ... so, any guesses to where they might have been ?

And her face looks a bit more filled in again .... glad about that ..... she looked to me slightly on the dreadfully thin side at her wedding (yuh know all that stress).

I think their honeymoon was spent in Africa, somewhere around the Victoria Falls.

mary looks so tired... what happened to her?

Did anyone in the US receive their wedding DVD from Billed-Bladet yet?

I think Mary looks very tan, if you compare this to her porcelain wedding-day look!

I swear I think Mary gets more beautiful every time I see her. Those wedding stamps are gorgeous! :heart: :eek:

June 8, 2004 - TV 2

Royal Newlyweds Home Again

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary have arrived in Denmark after their honeymoon. Allegedly, they arrived yesterday to greet Prince Joachim happy birthday. Joachim had his family with him to Fredensborg Castle where he celebrated the day by having lunch with Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik.

The Crown Prince couple now resides in the Kancelli House and the daily duties are already beginning: Wednesday at 10:30am, Crown Prince Frederik is attending a meeting of Ministers of State. Mary begins her new work on Sunday as she will be presenting prices at the Danish Championship in pony show jumping in Silkeborg, Jutland. It is still uncertain where the honeymoon was held, but according to the daily newspaper B. T. Mary who is usually very white in her complexion has gained some colour. The Crown Princess was seen on Monday around 4:00pm nearby Amalienborg Castle.

By the way, whether Mary looks "puffy" or not probably doesn't mean she's pregnant. I mean, maybe she is, but I've never heard of any woman getting noticably puffier within like a month due to pregnancy. She probably just gained back a few pounds (thank goodness) because she was't really doing too much exercise (honeymoons are for relaxing ya know :p ) and she didn't have to deal with wedding stress anymore. I hope she is pregnant though; that would make everyone so happy.
~Kathleen

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by anna@Jun 7th, 2004 - 5:58 pm
Monday 7.june at about 16:00 (4pm) Crown Princess Mary was photographed in front of her new home at Kancellihuset - some suitcases were taken into the house - then Mary was off again in the Landrover she has been driving for a long time - according to this article

BT - Frederik og Mary er hjemme igen - af Bodil Cath. - 8. juni 2004 kl. 00:30
what would be their address at their new home at Kancellihuset ?? :huh:

Originally posted by Queen of Portugal@Jun 9th, 2004 - 4:10 am
what would be their address at their new home at Kancellihuset ??  :huh:
HRH Crownprince Frederik and HRH Crownprincess Mary's new address
in the public register :

Kancellihuset, Slottet
3480 FREDENSBORG

Originally posted by SpiffyBallerina@Jun 8th, 2004 - 7:40 pm

By the way, whether Mary looks "puffy" or not probably doesn't mean she's pregnant. I mean, maybe she is, but I've never heard of any woman getting noticably puffier within like a month due to pregnancy. She probably just gained back a few pounds (thank goodness) because she was't really doing too much exercise (honeymoons are for relaxing ya know .....
~Kathleen
Since Mary just returned from a trip, I assume she had a long plane ride.....we all know what a toll those can take on us!

The DVD: I am praying what Billed said was true, that they can be viewed anywhere. I will just be happy right now to receive the DVD.

Isn't dr's dvd/vhs sold through Billed-Bladet supposed to be released 14.june ?
Hence not even shipped yet ?

tv2's wedding dvd / vhs were released 25.may and may be bought through http://www.rillen.dk/ - foreign customers info on front page

Se og Hør #24 online has some different info on Crownprince Frederik and Crownprincess Mary's return to Denmark than the above linked BT article ;)

SoH writes the royal couple arrived early monday in a SAS plane at Kastrup, Copenhagen - they left it as the first passengers - they were driven directly to Kancellihuset at Fredensborg - not long after Mary had changed her clothes and went for a ride on her horse

FREDERIK OG MARY: HJEMME IGEN - 09. juni 2004 - another photo of Mary

Originally posted by anna@Jun 9th, 2004 - 9:08 am

SoH writes the royal couple arrived early monday in a SAS plane at Kastrup, Copenhagen - they left it as the first passengers - they were driven directly to Kancellihuset at Fredensborg ...
What did they do, camp out at the airport? ;) Ooops, sorry, it's SoH... hopefully it's not join the dots work from them then.

Hello members, an new and this is ma first time to write here. Am from Africa-Uganda. I am requesting anyone out there who has some pics of CP Mary after the honeymoon to kindly post them here. Tahnks inadvance.

I don't know Danish. Would any Danish speakers be kind enough to translate this article from BT? :flower:

Mary er smukkest
Af BODIL CATH OG NIELS LEVINSEN

Det franske blad Point de Vue kårede onsdag Mary som den smukkeste prinsesse.

»Mary er den SMUKKESTE prinsesse«, fastslog det franske blad Point de Vue i går. Det har 53 procent af bladets læsere bestemt.
Bladet skriver om Mary:

The rest of the article here.

And does anyone know what's happening with Henrik's birthday? Any sign of the royal family yet?

smukkest is obviously an adjective,

Mary er den SMUKKESTE prinsesse
--- Mary is the <SMUKKESTE> Princess

So many of the Danish verbs are similar to German - and the constructs used in stringing sentences together look to a hybrid of English and German (I have a limited knowledge of German ;))

Thanks, I was thinking that too!

Actually, now I know why that work "smukkest" looked familiar. It was in John Donaldson's speech, when he said "min datter ..something something.. smuk".

BT is telling about Point de Vue N° 2816 and the thing that is interesting to them :

In the princess voting results this mag presented :
How did the mag's readers vote on Crownprincess Mary ?

Crownprincess Mary is voted la plus belle ~ den smukkeste ~ the prettiest princess with 53%
»Hun er den smukkeste. Hendes Hollywoodstjerne-agtige fremtoning, hendes nøddebrune øjne får det hvide til at vende ud af øjnene. Hun kommer langvejs fra, og intet har forberedt hende på at medvirke i et eventyr. Den strenge opdragelse, hun har fået, har ikke kunnet give hende prinsessenykker. Hvad enten hun er i cowboybukser eller i brudekjole, bevarer hun sit statelige udseende. Med en tasmanerindes skønhed, med sin fars skotske arv har hun et utal af fortrin, som har charmeret danskernes hjerter.«
perhaps someone else will translate the description from the french paper mag p.19 or BT's danish online article's translation from french ......

10 PRINCESSES PREFEREES ~ FORETRUKNE prinsesser ~ The preferred princesses Results according to BT :
1. Mathilde
2. Caroline
3. Mary
4. Victoria
5. Letizia
6. Alexandra

Crownprince Frederik and Crownprincess Mary at the Tivoli concert 10.june 2004 for Prince Henrik's 70.birthday

Danish articles - J-P - tv2 - dr.dk

Photos - B , C , D

Thank you so much for these new pictures, anna!! :flower:
IMO Mary is looking very relaxed in these photos (as if a burden would have fallen off from her "shoulders") and it seems as if she would have gained some weight...I hope it stays this way!

From polfoto.dk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom